• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anybody here play snooker?

Decent level?

Yeah not bad, was coached etc and won some tournaments but nothing big, started off when I was about 7, around 12/13 I was knocking in a century fairly consistently.

Played Judd Trump in a tournament once, even when he was 11/12 he was tipped to be the next big thing. I was a member of the old Junior Leagues etc but was never ranked.

(he battered me obviously!)

Yeah not bad, was coached etc and won some tournaments but nothing big, started off when I was about 7, around 12/13 I was knocking in a century fairly consistently.

Played Judd Trump in a tournament once, even when he was 11/12 he was tipped to be the next big thing. I was a member of the old Junior Leagues etc but was never ranked.

Tough sport so fair play, centuries must feel great

I was a cracking dart player in my teens, would beat my old mans team regular and hit a fair load of 180s and nothing like it. Had not played for years and started to recently in my local and found I could still hold my own but not to where I was. Was a time in my teens I felt I could hit anything I wanted and generally did (within reason) wish I had seen it through haha

100 breaks !!! that is quality
I've had 4 over 50 with a highest of 62

Tough sport so fair play, centuries must feel great

I was a cracking dart player in my teens, would beat my old mans team regular and hit a fair load of 180s and nothing like it. Had not played for years and started to recently in my local and found I could still hold my own but not to where I was. Was a time in my teens I felt I could hit anything I wanted and generally did (within reason) wish I had seen it through haha

It did, I was obsessed my whole childhood and teens, wanted nothing more to be a professional snooker player then one day I just didn't, part of me wishes I saw it through too, there isn't a single player I played a lot with (plenty better than me) who made anything of themselves, it must be one of the toughest sports there is to "break". My coach was pretty well ranked but never qualified for the big ones, he used to tinkle off to the US most summers and make some good dough in all the 9-ball tournaments they have!

I think when it comes to hand eye co-ordination there is a certain level of natural talent involved, If I ever play now I'm rubbish for the first hour or two then once I stop overthinking (usually after a few pints) I start knocking them in again, darts / snooker is all about your action so once you get that going again it all comes back!

100 breaks !!! that is quality
I've had 4 over 50 with a highest of 62

Quality mate, would take me forever to get anything like that these days!

It did, I was obsessed my whole childhood and teens, wanted nothing more to be a professional snooker player then one day I just didn't, part of me wishes I saw it through too, there isn't a single player I played a lot with (plenty better than me) who made anything of themselves, it must be one of the toughest sports there is to "break". My coach was pretty well ranked but never qualified for the big ones, he used to tinkle off to the US most summers and make some good dough in all the 9-ball tournaments they have!

I think when it comes to hand eye co-ordination there is a certain level of natural talent involved, If I ever play now I'm rubbish for the first hour or two then once I stop overthinking (usually after a few pints) I start knocking them in again, darts / snooker is all about your action so once you get that going again it all comes back!

Quality mate, would take me forever to get anything like that these days!

Yeh exactly the same, takes me a good hour to warm up again now and then I can give a good account.

My issue was that search for perfection, when I was natural like you say I was hitting things for fun, then I started to over think it and the yips set in and then I was done for and enjoyment went slightly.

I might join the London Singles league next time round and see if I can do any damage, at least get back into a match environment would be nice

Yeah, Both really exciting players to watch. Just hope whoever gets to the final doesn't get dragged into a slow safety battle with Selby if he gets there. Would love someone new to win it.

Be lucky if Selby v Allen is finished by Monday....such a turgid game

I was only joking but talk of rules changes on days play because these two are so slow

Thats why people love Ronnie so much and have done for so long

Back