• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Nusa

I did not cry over lack of players we bought.. its just that we are always almost there.. and we are happy with the next best players.. I belive Nusa will be better that Ødegaard.. but its ok the supporters are happy with being almost a top Club. Dare if you say a negative thing about how we do things.
Not sure I agree with your evaluation of our players. Vicario, Porro, Romero, vdv, Udogie, Bentancur, Sarr, Maddison etc are all top players and signed in the last few years. Would take astronomical transfer fees to sign them now. Also top clubs don’t generally sign 18 year olds and guarantee them a starting place. Smaller clubs do though

I did not cry over lack of players we bought.. its just that we are always almost there.. and we are happy with the next best players.. I belive Nusa will be better that Ødegaard.. but its ok the supporters are happy with being almost a top Club. Dare if you say a negative thing about how we do things.

The key here is you believe, if any of us could pick that with even 60% accuracy we would be in another job. The amount of times I've heard how we missed out on the next big thing vs. how many actually we have regretted?

Kid looks promising but clearly we made a decision (based on whatever criteria, funds, game time, whatever, none of us know), unless you believe that Brentford is a bigger draw than us? This isn't even the Dragusin scenario were both clubs put in formal bids and the player chose one, or even Chelsea in summer who had actually bid., this is two clubs had a conversation, one chose to push ahead, the other didn't.

My assumption, Ange felt he wasn't a must have, Ange wanted Johnson and we went all the way (too much in my opinion), if he really wanted Nusa and expected him to play a lot, the kid would probably be here

Not sure I agree with your evaluation of our players. Vicario, Porro, Romero, vdv, Udogie, Bentancur, Sarr, Maddison etc are all top players and signed in the last few years. Would take astronomical transfer fees to sign them now. Also top clubs don’t generally sign 18 year olds and guarantee them a starting place. Smaller clubs do though
I don't see the difficulty in offering him first team football. We have nothing on the left. If he couldn't be guaranteed starting places it's a bit concerning. Virtually anyone we buy for the left is walking straight in and starting.

Romero, Bentancur, Maddison & Bissouma were all established top players, the fact that we got them on good financial terms doesn't change that.

Vicario, VDV, Udogie & Sarr have increased their value probably 5X each

I don't see the difficulty in offering him first team football. We have nothing on the left. If he couldn't be guaranteed starting places it's a bit concerning. Virtually anyone we buy for the left is walking straight in and starting.

And if he's brick or takes 6 months to settle? how does that work, we tell Ange he has to play him x number of times? (how will that go down?)

No 18 year old gets guaranteed anything in a top half of table PL club. If he made that choice, either he didn't have the same opinion as you re our left side or he doesn't back himself to own the spot.

Romero, Bentancur, Maddison & Bissouma were all established top players, the fact that we got them on good financial terms doesn't change that.

Vicario, VDV, Udogie & Sarr have increased their value probably 5X each

And if he's brick or takes 6 months to settle? how does that work, we tell Ange he has to play him x number of times? (how will that go down?)

No 18 year old gets guaranteed anything in a top half of table PL club. If he made that choice, either he didn't have the same opinion as you re our left side or he doesn't back himself to own the spot.
I'd doubt it very highly that it would be a contractually guaranteed start. More likely a commitment to actually playing him if fit and available. If he was poor for 6 months no big loss our LW is a void as it stands.

To be clear I'm not even advocating for signing him. I've never watched him play or even watched any YouTube compilations so this isn't me crying for his signing. I just find the narrative that we couldn't guarantee him minutes a strange one. Any LWF we bring in who is even half decent is going to start so that's my confusion.

If we don't think he's good enough currently to start then he's probably not that good right now. Again I say this as someone who knows nothing about the player.

I'd doubt it very highly that it would be a contractually guaranteed start. More likely a commitment to actually playing him if fit and available. If he was poor for 6 months no big loss our LW is a void as it stands.

To be clear I'm not even advocating for signing him. I've never watched him play or even watched any YouTube compilations so this isn't me crying for his signing. I just find the narrative that we couldn't guarantee him minutes a strange one. Any LWF we bring in who is even half decent is going to start so that's my confusion.

If we don't think he's good enough currently to start then he's probably not that good right now. Again I say this as someone who knows nothing about the player.

But I think that's probably exactly the conversation we had with him, i.e. there is an opportunity, seems he wanted more?

As always, we really don't know .. from some aspects it does seem strange but like I said, considering how hard Ange pushed for Johnson (and the fee we paid), if he really was the one?

But I think that's probably exactly the conversation we had with him, i.e. there is an opportunity, seems he wanted more?

As always, we really don't know .. from some aspects it does seem strange but like I said, considering how hard Ange pushed for Johnson (and the fee we paid), if he really was the one?
Johnson I understand. He's homegrown, that's the appeal in addition to his attributes.

Nusa sounds like we don't actually really rate him which seems strange given the way he's spoken about and our severe lack of quality in his position. Again though, I honestly have no opinion of him as a player and I avoided watching highlights because I had a feeling nothing was happening there so I didn't want to prematurely excite myself. 😅

He just probably thinks he'll get more minutes at brentford. We haver werner, kulu, son, johnson, solomon, gil. It's tough competition for an 18 year old trying to learn his trade.

He just probably thinks he'll get more minutes at brentford. We haver werner, kulu, son, johnson, solomon, gil. It's tough competition for an 18 year old trying to learn his trade.
Is that really tough competition, really? If hes not already at least at their levels then i'm not interested tbh because I don't consider our wide options to be of good quality.

The key here is you believe, if any of us could pick that with even 60% accuracy we would be in another job. The amount of times I've heard how we missed out on the next big thing vs. how many actually we have regretted?

Kid looks promising but clearly we made a decision (based on whatever criteria, funds, game time, whatever, none of us know), unless you believe that Brentford is a bigger draw than us? This isn't even the Dragusin scenario were both clubs put in formal bids and the player chose one, or even Chelsea in summer who had actually bid., this is two clubs had a conversation, one chose to push ahead, the other didn't.

My assumption, Ange felt he wasn't a must have, Ange wanted Johnson and we went all the way (too much in my opinion), if he really wanted Nusa and expected him to play a lot, the kid would probably be here

I think we over spent on Johnson which is why I don't want Gallagher.

Is that really tough competition, really? If hes not already at least at their levels then i'm not interested tbh because I don't consider our wide options to be of good quality.

I have no idea how good nusa is or could be. Never heard of him before this window.

With Johnson in mind I guess as good as it is securing young talents, if we're going to buy anyone to be a strong contender for starting in our forward line we probably need someone who's a bit closer to the finished product who has done it at a higher level than the Belgian league.

Unless the plan would have been to loan Nusa out next season, I do get the hype around the player but it's a huge step up to come in and be 1st teamer for us when you're 18/19. And once you consider that we'll ideally have many important games, how effective will front lines consisting of Johnson, Nusa, Solomon etc actually be until they've properly developed as players? I hope that makes sense and doesn't seem like an out of context jab at those players, even Kulu who sometimes looks a beast hasn't really looked like the answer on the right..

Ngl I did want the warm and fuzzy feeling of signing a supposed wonderkid but to echo the sentiments of a few already, him supposedly choosing Brentford could be the better move for his career at this point in time. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

With Johnson in mind I guess as good as it is securing young talents, if we're going to buy anyone to be a strong contender for starting in our forward line we probably need someone who's a bit closer to the finished product who has done it at a higher level than the Belgian league.

Unless the plan would have been to loan Nusa out next season, I do get the hype around the player but it's a huge step up to come in and be 1st teamer for us when you're 18/19. And once you consider that we'll ideally have many important games, how effective will front lines consisting of Johnson, Nusa, Solomon etc actually be until they've properly developed as players? I hope that makes sense and doesn't seem like an out of context jab at those players, even Kulu who sometimes looks a beast hasn't really looked like the answer on the right..

Ngl I did want the warm and fuzzy feeling of signing a supposed wonderkid but to echo the sentiments of a few already, him supposedly choosing Brentford could be the better move for his career at this point in time. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
I think it’s something to be applauded that a kid is looking at his career rather than instant £££
If he develops as people think he might be will earn plenty
And I fully agree, we probably need the finished article more for now

If we don't think he's good enough currently to start then he's probably not that good right now. Again I say this as someone who knows nothing about the player
Son has started most of the games at LWF. I don't think that's his best role and I have some concerns about his fit to the system in that role. But I wouldn't say anyone half decent would just start out there. We also have Solomon, who at the very least is half decent. Neither is a "void"?

He's 18 without a ton of first team experience even in Belgium. Seemingly going somewhere where he's more likely to start most of the time. Seems like an understandable decision. I don't think that says anything negative about us.

Back