• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Yup, for me the handling of the Jol sacking is the one big black mark against Levy.
Sacking Pochettino is the biggest black mark any chairman could ever have…. I mean what other chairman giving his manager the 6th (at best) biggest resources would sack a manager after 4 consecutive CL qualifications via league position? If it wasn’t for Poch then the stadium might’ve got close to bankrupting us.

Sacking Pochettino is the biggest black mark any chairman could ever have…. I mean what other chairman giving his manager the 6th (at best) biggest resources would sack a manager after 4 consecutive CL qualifications via league position? If it wasn’t for Poch then the stadium might’ve got close to bankrupting us.
Been done to death, will leave you and GB to pine for Poch like a jilted teenager over their first love.

That's way to simplistic and one-sided imv. Maybe the finger of blame lies more with Levy, but it seemed there was mutual acceptance that things had run their course. Remember Poch's bitter comments about no longer being the manager, just the coach? Clearly he had already given up on Levy. The CL final defeat following that fantastic run had also left him drained, disillusioned and more than ready for a clean break.

The strain was telling and his heart was no longer in it. But he had made it clear he would never be the one to walk away. So Levy was the one who had to the dirty on him.

Been done to death, will leave you and GB to pine for Poch like a jilted teenager over their first love.
Not pining for him (I don’t think he should come back) it’s just laughable for the chairman at a club providing the 6th biggest resources in the league to sack a manager after he has delivered 4 Champions League qualifications on the spin. I doubt we’ll find another manager who does that in the rest of my lifetime.

That piece in the Guardian linked in above sums it up beautifully….

The chief gains are obvious enough: four straight seasons in the Champions League, a second place Premier League finish and the creation of a team, a system and a way of playing that has been thrilling at times.

But the key metrics are, of course, economic and financial. Pochettino managed all this while spending just £95m net on transfers, 17th among current Premier League teams, all the while juggling the logistics of a transformational stadium move. This will remain his once-in-a-lifetime gift to his successor, and indeed to the private fortunes of the club ownership that has now shown him the door.

Same arguments getting brought up, then refuted each time. Soo boring!
Oh no they aren't.
Oh yes they are.
No he didn't.
Yes he did.
But he should have.
Well he did.
Yeah but did he really?
Yes but no.
No not really, no.
But could he of?
Had he not have of have of have of?
Over and over, page after page, thread after thread.
It won't even end when Levy and Poch are both dead, there will still be people on here debating it.

Not pining for him (I don’t think he should come back) it’s just laughable for the chairman at a club providing the 6th biggest resources in the league to sack a manager after he has delivered 4 Champions League qualifications on the spin. I doubt we’ll find another manager who does that in the rest of my lifetime.

That piece in the Guardian linked in above sums it up beautifully….

The chief gains are obvious enough: four straight seasons in the Champions League, a second place Premier League finish and the creation of a team, a system and a way of playing that has been thrilling at times.

But the key metrics are, of course, economic and financial. Pochettino managed all this while spending just £95m net on transfers, 17th among current Premier League teams, all the while juggling the logistics of a transformational stadium move. This will remain his once-in-a-lifetime gift to his successor, and indeed to the private fortunes of the club ownership that has now shown him the door.

would all have been destroyed by letting him get us relegated, which was a foregone conclusion at that point

Oh ok you're counting the 13 games from the previous season when we had major injuries, a number of jaded players in the squad, finished 4th and reached the CL final.
You're not? The players were jaded because he run them into the ground, maybe the injuries were a result of that, I don't know. Wenger was given time due to what he had achieved, but everyone could see he was done. There was nothing in Poch's last 30 games to suggest it was going to change, and the CL QF and SF wins were, in isolation, against the run of play, we lucked out. But you keep sugar coating it and use it as a stick to beat Levy, if that makes you happy.

You're not? The players were jaded because he run them into the ground, maybe the injuries were a result of that, I don't know. Wenger was given time due to what he had achieved, but everyone could see he was done. There was nothing in Poch's last 30 games to suggest it was going to change, and the CL QF and SF wins were, in isolation, against the run of play, we lucked out. But you keep sugar coating it and use it as a stick to beat Levy, if that makes you happy.

He wasn't getting backed in the market and anyone could see that we needed a squad refresh. None of this drivel about getting levy out makes anyone happy. He fudged up , couldn't back the manager properly due to circumstances like the stadium rebuild. But now that's done let's see how Enic and levy move forward. I have no confidence in their on the field activity.

What’s the deal with Sarr looking really promising and Conte then disappearing him from the squad? I’d have thought yesterday was the perfect chance to give him some more minutes, even as a sub. Similar story for Gil not starting ahead of Son or Perisic (though I appreciate he at least got sub mins). And obviously Spence, though he’s a different story…

What’s the deal with Sarr looking really promising and Conte then disappearing him from the squad? I’d have thought yesterday was the perfect chance to give him some more minutes, even as a sub. Similar story for Gil not starting ahead of Son or Perisic (though I appreciate he at least got sub mins). And obviously Spence, though he’s a different story…

Sarr isn't fit I don't think. Gil is about to go on loan in the next couple days so probably why he wasn't risked from the start, Same with Spence.

Sarr isn't fit I don't think. Gil is about to go on loan in the next couple days so probably why he wasn't risked from the start, Same with Spence.
I don't think Gil is going.
Going by Contes rules from the summer, If Danjuma replaces Moura, then someone would have to replace Gil.

Back