• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

The mentality at the club has always been questioned in such situations, famously dubbed ‘sexy’, and Conte knows that cannot be changed overnight.

“For sure, for sure this aspect we have to work, to improve. It’s not easy,” he said.

“It’s not easy because you have to work every day and you have to breathe winning mentality every day and you don’t invent this, the winning mentality. It’s impossible to invent.

“It’s impossible to pay (for). Because it doesn’t cost. No money for winning mentality. But I think you have to take the right people, to bring this into the club.

“The winning mentality, you must breath every day. You have to start every day with this type of mentality.

“You have to start to think about football for many hours of your life to improve results, to win. To start to think that ‘OK, I want to win but I know that it means sacrifice, it means to suffer’.

“It means to work very hard. And if you start to think in this way, it means that you want to become a winner. Otherwise you continue to stay at your medium level.

“When I speak about time, I involve all of this situations and all of these aspects because when you want to become a winner, when you want to win something in your life, it means that you have to start to think to reach a top target and to win a top trophy, to win the League, to win the Champions League, to win the Europa Conference League or the Carabao Cup.

“You have to know that most of your time in your life, you have to dedicate also to football.”

Completely. He has credibility from recent trophies and recently too. And he doesnt take any cr@p and will get attitudes right, or players will be sold

Exactly what we need - cant believe he's at Spurs!

Must admit that is exactly the way i feel as well, he is one of the best managers in the game and he is OURS. I have not felt this buzzed for a while about our future.

The mentality at the club has always been questioned in such situations, famously dubbed ‘sexy’, and Conte knows that cannot be changed overnight.

“For sure, for sure this aspect we have to work, to improve. It’s not easy,” he said.

“It’s not easy because you have to work every day and you have to breathe winning mentality every day and you don’t invent this, the winning mentality. It’s impossible to invent.

“It’s impossible to pay (for). Because it doesn’t cost. No money for winning mentality. But I think you have to take the right people, to bring this into the club.

“The winning mentality, you must breath every day. You have to start every day with this type of mentality.

“You have to start to think about football for many hours of your life to improve results, to win. To start to think that ‘OK, I want to win but I know that it means sacrifice, it means to suffer’.

“It means to work very hard. And if you start to think in this way, it means that you want to become a winner. Otherwise you continue to stay at your medium level.

“When I speak about time, I involve all of this situations and all of these aspects because when you want to become a winner, when you want to win something in your life, it means that you have to start to think to reach a top target and to win a top trophy, to win the League, to win the Champions League, to win the Europa Conference League or the Carabao Cup.

“You have to know that most of your time in your life, you have to dedicate also to football.”

Love this, i have said for a while that we have lacked a winning mentality ( even under Poch) and got slagged off by some for saying it. ALL the best players and winning teams have had it in the past and its great to see a manager who inspires it and lets hope he can inspire some of the players to develop it.

Think we pulled the trigger at the right time given United are losing again.

I imagine it won’t be long till they pull the trigger

Dunno. They seem happy to scrape top 4. Only really zidane available. Whoever they bring in will want money. Not sure they're willing.

I missed that, hmm that is interesting. He definately seems like a coach that would stick the players in a Gulag if he could or was it just a reference to lack of investment in the squad?
I think he meant that it's maybe a bit too posh and comfortable.

Which manager at United at United, since Moyes, have NOT spent ridiculous amounts of money? Money is the least of their problems.

Yes they have which is the point. Everytime they bring in a new manager they want wholesale changes. Yet there has been no improvement on the field.

Yes they have which is the point. Everytime they bring in a new manager they want wholesale changes. Yet there has been no improvement on the field.
Haven't seen any signs that they're considering changing that failed strategy. Whoever in charge will spend lots of money. Keeping Solskjær will not change that.

Back