• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Great news, but how can the FA justify using five working days to come to a conclusion? Any reasonably effective and functioning organisation would've had this matter settled on Monday.

Great news, but how can the FA justify using five working days to come to a conclusion? Any reasonably effective and functioning organisation would've had this matter settled on Monday.

Not the fa. Independent group allegedly. That the prem/fa uses.

It took them over 3 months to suspend Richarlison.....

Conte needs to find a shape to address
losing the midfield battle , think it’s something teams will employ more against us and pack and overrun our midfield.

It’s not so bad when we play well and play with a high tempo but we can’t all the time. We’ve seen it on a number of occasions.

3-5-2 would be a good start. Maybe if we sign a CAM type of player he will move to that system. It certainly would make sense.

We do need a plan B in my view if we are going to be up there and challenge for some cups and in Europe.

losing the midfield battle , think it’s something teams will employ more against us and pack and overrun our midfield.

It’s not so bad when we play well and play with a high tempo but we can’t all the time. We’ve seen it on a number of occasions.

3-5-2 would be a good start. Maybe if we sign a CAM type of player he will move to that system. It certainly would make sense.

We do need a plan B in my view if we are going to be up there and challenge for some cups and in Europe.
I agree, the obvious in game solution to me at least would be moving Kulu centrally in to a number 8 or 10 type rôle. It never happens though and who am I to argue with Conte!

Losing the midfield battle is something that is thrown about, but the fact is that each team has 11 players on the pitch and, if we're outnumbered in midfield, we're outnumbering the opposition in other areas. It's a matter of properly taking advantage of that and to do that I think we need crisper and better timed passing: get the ball from the areas we're outnumbered to the areas where we're outnumbering the opposition accurately and at the right moment. I don't think we necessarily need to change our formation.

Losing the midfield battle is something that is thrown about, but the fact is that each team has 11 players on the pitch and, if we're outnumbered in midfield, we're outnumbering the opposition in other areas. It's a matter of properly taking advantage of that and to do that I think we need crisper and better timed passing: get the ball from the areas we're outnumbered to the areas where we're outnumbering the opposition accurately and at the right moment. I don't think we necessarily need to change our formation.

Not change it permanently but we do need a back up plan. I agree that we do out number sides in other areas being forward areas. When we are not progressing the ball well enough we can’t get out. We need an option of a system when that scenario presents.

We need a plan B is all I’m saying. It’s very evident and teams will no doubt try and exploit that . Better sides will do it. Especially in Europe.

We also need to get the ball out wide, kulu is standing unmarked in acres if space and yet last week against Chelsea and first half yesterday we tried to hit worldie long balls down a congested middle.
One of the reasons we were so good at the end of last season was teams knew they had to close kulu down, that created space for son and kane, if we aren't giving him the ball they don't need to put a man on him and they outnumber us.

Not change it permanently but we do need a back up plan. I agree that we do out number sides in other areas being forward areas. When we are not progressing the ball well enough we can’t get out. We need an option of a system when that scenario presents.

We need a plan B is all I’m saying. It’s very evident and teams will no doubt try and exploit that . Better sides will do it. Especially in Europe.

I think "do plan A even better" is a reasonable solution as well.

Perisic coming in now. Hopefully in time Spence or even Doherty providing some different solutions down the right.

Did you not noticed we changed to a 4 at the back against chelsea and changed our approach in the second half against wolves?

Did you not noticed we changed to a 4 at the back against chelsea and changed our approach in the second half against wolves?
Of course . I do not like the 4 at the back. As seen in the mess for Chelski second goal. We create more but looked far to open.
3-5-2 would be a suitable second option without any changes to the defence.

Back