• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Annus Horribilis 2011/2012 .............................

Fuloplasagna.jpg

Yes United bottled it as well. But united can console themselves with not worrying about a CL final or have to negotiate a qualifier.

We on the other hand...

Console themselves???? They've just lost the title to their bitter rivals!!! CL football is no consolation to a team so used to winning

As for this thread title... I can agree to a point but as others have said, 4th, 5th, 4th in 3 yrs is bloody fantastic after years of mid-table dissapointment and only 3 trophies in 21yrs. I finally feel we're pushing in the right direction.
Ok so we were 3rd and bottled it... But it was also partly down to not getting the run of luck with some crucial ref decisions like goals dissallowed, stonewall pens not given, players who shouldnt even be on the pitch scoring the winner!! But thats football and we should all be used to how our luck works by now?

So people should put things into perspective and not expect success so quickly... That only happens for teams with money to burn. It takes time to build and we are showing consistancy with our league positions which is a good sign. Have faith. COYS!!!!!

Electric for the first 20-25 mins, then the anxiety crept into some people, then communal radio love-ins, then groans as the filth went 3-2 up, then the last 15 mins was played in an end-of-season blah fashion. Come on. Not even you in all your mouthy "who are ya" glory can deny that there were a lot of people lamenting that extra fudging couple of points we have been unable to find on numerous occasions.

I agree.

Were it not for a ludicrously great run after the first couple of brick games this(last) season, no one here would have complained about finishing 4th.

I think many forget how brick we've been for.......pretty much years.

Comfortably 4th this year, with a bit moire luck and application we could better it next year.

I know, lets fudge it up by changing everything again!

Harry's just a saggy faced c unt apparently.

If it was just based on money then yes top 6 or thereabouts.
But when you have a team like Liverpool tinkling money away (70m on Downing, Henderson and Carroll) and Chelsea doing something similar (100m on Torres, Lukaku and Luiz) then that puts us at an advantage.

We have the 3rd best team in the league though, so we've underachieved in that sense.

No we don't

Other than Bale and Modric, name me another player that isn't bettered in his position by 4 or 5 of the other teams

You can't

We're not the 3rd best team in the league

Not by a long shot

Electric for the first 20-25 mins, then the anxiety crept into some people, then communal radio love-ins, then groans as the filth went 3-2 up, then the last 15 mins was played in an end-of-season blah fashion. Come on. Not even you in all your mouthy "who are ya" glory can deny that there were a lot of people lamenting that extra fudging couple of points we have been unable to find on numerous occasions.

Hello Steff,

I always look out for your posts: your quite positive but also realist.

Where do you see things going from here for Harry and the squad?

I was basing my critique on that part of the match :D

To be fair, the Shelf was outstanding for most of the second half too

Great support

See the MK thread, Spurs fan logic

We win 6 games in a row, see, if we just did that 5 more times in the season we would be champions, so obviously we are a better team than everyone else. And anything else is failure.

fudging sad, I enjoyed this season for the most part, and I've enjoyed the last 7 years for the most part, but I guess I'm not aiming high enough *sarcasm for those miss it*

the "tyranny of or"

why can't be jubilant for 4th and accept that we were a whisker away from great season?

i don't think its unfair to say that we weren't perfect... that we could have tried harder?

being 4th or ending with our best season doesn't avoid the fact that we could have been better.

i'm not bitter. I'm happy with 4th, but I can clearly see how close it was, and how it could have been a really great season.

and i have some cool arsenal fans who agree that for the most part, it was ours to lose. still i jibe them with being jubilant with third.

Last edited:
I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if UEFA caved in and gave us a spot if Chelsea win it.

Not with the English hating Platini in charge they won't. The rules were changed specifically because they were so angry there was 5 ENGLISH team in the CL that season. That's why Everton were fvcked over.

See the MK thread, Spurs fan logic

We win 6 games in a row, see, if we just did that 5 more times in the season we would be champions, so obviously we are a better team than everyone else. And anything else is failure.

fudging sad, I enjoyed this season for the most part, and I've enjoyed the last 7 years for the most part, but I guess I'm not aiming high enough *sarcasm for those miss it*

Good post

If Liverpool had won half the games they drew at home (not unreasonable) they might have pushed top 4

If my aunt had a ballbag she'd be my uncle

Still waiting for that list of players that outguns everything Arsenal, Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Liverpool, Everton, United and City has to offer

I may be waiting some time......

Correct...an excellent achievement all things considered
Too many warriors on here seem to think that this season has been an unmitigated disaster. In the grand scheme of things, finishing in the Champions League places ahead of a Chelsea team that has spent a vast amount more than us is a good achievement.

Most Spurs fans would have bitten your hand off for 4th at the beginning of the season, and now we're all unhappy about what 'could have been'? gonad*s.

This year it was more the case of Liverpool and Chelsea underachieving. We took about as many points as was expected, but Chelseas and Liverpool had way worse results than expected. They both were a total shambles this year.

This year it was more the case of Liverpool and Chelsea underachieving. We took about as many points as was expected, but Chelseas and Liverpool had way worse results than expected. They both were a total shambles this year.

we got 69 points, 1 less than in 2010. i'm guessing the spread boys would have had us in for around 60 at the start of the season. 69 has never failed to get in the top 4 in a 38 game season. it's not a low total for a 4th placed team by any means.

and 4th is definitely massively overachieving on our revenue streams. it's only by shrewd long term planning over the last 10 years by the likes of levy, commolli and jol that we have such a good squad of players. really we have no right to be mixing it the other teams in the big 6. we're closer to the likes of villa and everton than them.

What a load of tosh. The rules were changed after Liverpool won the trophy in 2005 - we know what to expect after the final on saturday (for either result).

i think we have a better chance getting the Scotland Yard to launch an investigation into the coincidental poor form of fulop, than opening dialogue with what is a very opaque and high-handed organization that is UEFA.

No we don't

Other than Bale and Modric, name me another player that isn't bettered in his position by 4 or 5 of the other teams

You can't

We're not the 3rd best team in the league

Not by a long shot

He just said we have the 3rd best team in the league, then you go and try to compare individuals.

Back