• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Annus Horribilis 2011/2012 .............................

i woke up this morning and the first thought was i cannot believe we finished below the worst Arse team ive seen in over 16 years

ok, had we finished 4th behind City, Utd and Chelsea then fair enough, they have better players and more winnners.....but 4th and behind Arse??? Walcott, Rosicky, Gervinho, Gibbs, Benayoun, Jenkinson, Ramsey, Coquelin, Mertesacker, Chamakh, Squilaci #-o

take away RVP, Vermaelen, Chesney, Song, maybe Arteta and the Ox, and that is a poor squad. Wenger really earned his money this season getting something outta that motley crew

that lot finished 3rd???:~

6th

On paper, that is where we should finish

You may not like it, but that is a FACT

If we finish 4th than we have massively overachieved

Teams that should finished above us:

CITY - Sugar
UNITED - Biggest club in the world
CHELSEA - Sugar
ARSENAL - Wages and Revenue
LIVERPOOL - Wages and Revenue

thank GHod the game is played on grass and not paper

clubs can have all the money, revenue, they like, its how the pot is used, how well its spent is all that matters, and how good the manager/coaches are

interesting that yesterday when City had to score the goals to win the game and the title, Mancini threw on 2 strikers to go and make the difference and ended up with 3 strikers on the pitch.....Dzeko scored the equaliser, Balotelli played the pass to Aguero who finished brilliantly.

I wonder if Redknapp now regrets not sending on Defoe earlier last week against Villa

6th

On paper, that is where we should finish

Agree with the general sentiment of a successful season - no doubt

However - football isn't decided on paper but on the field.

On paper Chelsea should have finished 1st or 2nd

On paper Arsenal had their worst PL squad and worst PL start and should have finished 7th

On paper Swansea and Norwich should have been relegated

The fact our wages are lower by now means translates into 'bricker' players or a 'bricker' club - not sure what gives rise to that logic - see Liverpool and Arsenal for example.

Last edited:
interesting that yesterday when City had to score the goals to win the game and the title, Mancini threw on 2 strikers to go and make the difference and ended up with 3 strikers on the pitch.....Dzeko scored the equaliser, Balotelli played the pass to Aguero who finished brilliantly.

I wonder if Redknapp now regrets not sending on Defoe earlier last week against Villa

mmmmmmmm weren't qpr down to 10 men and not Emirates Marketing Project.......wasn't there last game so he had throw everyone on.........perhaps harry should have put three defenders on when we went 2 up against the goons.......decisions decisions......

The first half of the season, he might have... he turned uncharacteristically cautious as the season went on... not sure why... a 'have what we hold' mentality nearly lost what we had... there are TOO many 'what if's' about this season to list them all... MANY were self-inflicted, which annoys the hell out of me, ...some were forced upon us by disgusting decisions out of OUR control (but probably within someone's control)

...but on the whole, our 'best' is ArseAnal's norm... they've squeaked into 3rd/CL Qualification and will convince themselves it's same old same old... but we're closer to them now than we've ever been... it's NOW time to step up and actually overtake the fudgers... ESPECIALLY if (as I suspect) Podolski has been bought to REPLACE RvP rather than accompany him...
where the fudge would ArseAnal be without RvP & 90th+ minute goals... staring relegation in the face most probably!!!!

mmmmmmmm weren't qpr down to 10 men and not Emirates Marketing Project.......wasn't there last game so he had throw everyone on.........perhaps harry should have put three defenders on when we went 2 up against the goons.......decisions decisions......

yes but we were playing Aston Villa with 10 men, Villa who just finished above the relegation zone. It could have been worth the risk, who knows, just thinking back, thats all.

i thought the champs league was a cup competition....a side can enter by being in the top 2,3 or 4 in their respective leagues and if they win..........well done and thats it for that season,...........why should they get a place in the comp for just winning it........you could get too final by not winning away at all but a side that plays 38 games in their respective league and following normal rules can't qualify..........you could have a scenario(a bit far fetch) that a side will win it and get relegated the following year............that can't right surely.

if they want the winners to defend their trophy tell them to start in the qualifying rounds in july then they will get a chance to defend it plus the sides that rightly finish in the correct position get their reward aswell.

I know this is totally hypothetical, and a miniaturised version of the CL dilemma, but if a team from League 2 (ie; the bottom league) Won the LEAGUE Cup, but were relegated to the Conference the same season, thus taking away their League status... would THEY be allowed to defend the trophy as 'Winners' albeit as a non-League Club? Thought not...

Now replace the words 'League' with 'Top 4' and 'Conference/Non-League' with 'outside the Top 4' and you'll see where I'm coming from.

I genuinely suspect he wasn't aware / forgot about CL winners taking England's 4th place in the league

Only logical explanation

i thought the champs league was a cup competition....a side can enter by being in the top 2,3 or 4 in their respective leagues and if they win..........well done and thats it for that season,...........why should they get a place in the comp for just winning it........you could get too final by not winning away at all but a side that plays 38 games in their respective league and following normal rules can't qualify..........you could have a scenario(a bit far fetch) that a side will win it and get relegated the following year............that can't right surely.

if they want the winners to defend their trophy tell them to start in the qualifying rounds in july then they will get a chance to defend it plus the sides that rightly finish in the correct position get their reward aswell.

Far fetched but Villarreal should have won it this year and it would have meant they'd be in it next year despite being relegated!!

Far fetched but Villarreal should have won it this year and it would have meant they'd be in it next year despite being relegated!!

I hadn't realised Villareal were relegated. Must have happened in the last few minutes of the match. Time to swoop for a cut price (albeit injured) Rossi. It's worth a gamble that he'll recover back to his best.

Back