• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ange’s system / formation

So we can agree that one had nothing to do with fan power then. I agree, Redknapp irked levy by asking for a new contract just weeks after hitching his skirt to the FA. And we should have finished 3rd, that was a time for Arry to lay low and keep his head down after embarrassingly finishing behind a one man team Arsenal side but that’s not who he is. He can’t help himself when it comes to the media.

Not all of them had to do with fan power. Not all of them had to do with league position.

There will be a myriad reasons for a sacking.

A lot will be whether the board think the coach is getting the best out of the squad, if he's not and it's declining then they are likely for the chop. The fans will be feeling it too as will the players. It gives a bad atmosphere. Seems the easiest way to try and turn it around is a new manager.

We are not unique in this. Recently arteta seems to be the only one to buck this trend.

Moves has sort of done well with West ham after being given time.

I think time is up for him now. Every time they try to change their style andplay better football they struggle and end up reverting to the usual defensive setup. His way has a ceiling and the fans aren't happy with it. Maybe they'll appreciate it more when they eventually find themselves back in the championship.

I think time is up for him now. Every time they try to change their style andplay better football they struggle and end up reverting to the usual defensive setup. His way has a ceiling and the fans aren't happy with it. Maybe they'll appreciate it more when they eventually find themselves back in the championship.
I think he will end up back at Preston.

Nice bus station there.

We are not unique in this. Recently arteta seems to be the only one to buck this trend.q

A lot of that has to do with there being no fans around for his darkest moments, during COVID. When they were on that run of 5 points in 10 games, guaranteed he would be gone if there were actually fans in the stands.

Arteta is an anomaly that now gets held up as an example of how to do things right.

Speaking of Arteta, it's interesting what he said at the end of at the weekend. He said they were forced into playing deeper than they would have liked by the fact that we surge so many men forward and press high, and I think he admitted they were second best for a lot of that game.

To me, that's why Ange isn't as bad as the recent results paint him as. Nor is he as good as the first 10 games.

If you slowly build him his team and give him hundreds of millions for it, he will likely do fairly well, when he isn't outcoached by a better manager. His system alone will overwhelm enough opponents to get some wins.

That isn't terrible by any means. But it also isn't great by any means, because any manager with a baseline level of tactical ability will work to counter his system and expose its glaring flaws. And ultimately, Postecoglou will not adapt to fix those issues because to him dogmatism is all-important.

That's why I think we've seen both his ceiling and floor. And we saw it again today - bet his response to being asked why we conceded another two at set pieces will be some aimless ramble about playing his way.

I see the end and I've seen it so many times before, when a manager is out of ideas and brings on like for like but inferior player I.e..Gil for BJ rather than change the ineffective players like son and royal it usually has one outcome. It shows he has reached his limit.
Levy is a fan and sees the same as us, he will be fuming about tonight. If Ange accepted he needs help at set pieces and admitted we weren't creating anything from open play then we could get behind it but his arrogance at the last presser was hideous and I am truly gutted because I believed he was the Messiah and I'm embarrassed because I believed his affable bollards.

• Haha
Reactions: jrh
I see the end and I've seen it so many times before, when a manager is out of ideas and brings on like for like but inferior player I.e..Gil for BJ rather than change the ineffective players like son and royal it usually has one outcome. It shows he has reached his limit.
Levy is a fan and sees the same as us, he will be fuming about tonight. If Ange accepted he needs help at set pieces and admitted we weren't creating anything from open play then we could get behind it but his arrogance at the last presser was hideous and I am truly gutted because I believed he was the Messiah and I'm embarrassed because I believed his affable bollards.
We’ve also seen the end of ‘The buck stops with me..’ stance over the last couple of games, which is interesting.

I don’t think it’s (and I really hope we’re not nearing) the end, but he’s going to have to change his ways if he’s aiming to last beyond Christmas.

• Disagree
Reactions: jrh
We’ve also seen the end of ‘The buck stops with me..’ stance over the last couple of games, which is interesting.

I don’t think it’s (and I really hope we’re not nearing) the end, but he’s going to have to change his ways if he’s aiming to last beyond Christmas.

Why is the reference point for struggling managers always Christmas, lol

To be fair, his post-match was him basically taking responsibility for the spinelessness of the side.

It wasn't a great night and it's fair to say we didn't play anywhere near the sort of football and didn't have the mindset that I expect us to have. That's on me and I've got to take responsibility for that ultimately as I'm the one who is putting them out there and preparing them for it. We were so far off it and I've got to look at myself and see how I'm preparing my team for it.

I have zero issues with Ange, the man. I think it's the glaring limitations of Ange, the coach, will ultimately keep us from doing anything substantial - but no arguing he says and believes in the right things.

To put it in perspective, my view has always been that the better coach and better option for us, was in the other dugout today. But it's rare that Poch ever came out and said 'I prepped the team and they were rubbish, so it's on me'.

Same with Poch and Redknapp as well. No calling for either of them to go at the games. When they sacked Nuno the chants at the stadium were actually ENIC out not Nuno out.

Come on, we know the Poch issues started months before (not disagreeing that we fudged it IMO)...Redknapp? He had hung his arse out for the England job and basically taken the tinkle. Nuno had to go...they have got appts wrong, absolutely.

No evidence of either at the games. It was 4th place that Redknapp had us finishing in by the way. Sacking him made no sense.

Revisionism IMO.
We were coasting in 3rd and looking to possibly mount a challenge when Crapello was canned, Harry got a whiff and hitched his skirt to give the FA a 'come get me' flash. Despite absolutely fiucking up several games after the 5-0 drubbing of the geordies (that NLD was a disgrace) he STILL had guaranteed 3rd place in his hands, just win the last two games of the season...I'm sure you remember which prolific goalscorer remained on the bench at Villa Park for the entire match...

VDV se
To be fair, his post-match was him basically taking responsibility for the spinelessness of the side.

I have zero issues with Ange, the man. I think it's the glaring limitations of Ange, the coach, will ultimately keep us from doing anything substantial - but no arguing he says and believes in the right things.

To put it in perspective, my view has always been that the better coach and better option for us, was in the other dugout today. But it's rare that Poch ever came out and said 'I prepped the team and they were rubbish, so it's on me'.

I would have taken Poch back in a Heartbeat, but I think it would have been a mistake because for reasons that will always be unfathomable to me a large part of the supporters had turned against him.
When I read some comments on here about him I honestly can't believe it, especially when some ex players who have treated us worse are almost hero worshipped.
I don't blame levy for not reappointing him but I think it was pretty poor to not even get in touch with him about the job.

I am still largely behind ange, I didn’t totally get carried away with our form at the beginning of the season, and I'm not getting my knives sharpened now we have hit a sticky patch.

Back