• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Re: Official - Townsend

BWu2YgTIUAArWm5.jpg:large

Typical.

Just when an England manager achieves a degree of success, along come the gutter press to try an destroy his accomplishments.

To my way of thinking, the only racism on display here lies in the bigotry behind the Sun's automatic assumptions. Speaks absolute volumes.

it's a common saying... I doubt Roy Hodgson would intentionally make a racist comment to one of the best up and coming prospects he has and a potential starter at the next world cup!!! Do they think Hodgson is around the same sort of IQ level as John Terry?!?!

HOW THE **** IS THAT RACIST?!

It's racist to assume that Roy is being racist because THEY are the ones making some sort of connection between black players and monkeys. That would have never even entered into Hodgson's head, it's a completely innocuous and actually complimentary metaphor

****ing hell I hate British tabloids.

So who's gonna start it at villa feed the monkey and he will score feed the monkey and he will score

Wow, guess this comic was gutted they couldn't rip into Roy for not qualifying so they find another angle to stick the knife into the guy. Hope the FA ban this ****ty rag from England press appointments until a front page apology is made to Roy.
The journo Gordon Smart is Scottish so probably took great delight in this.****er.

Sun is scum and I make assumptions about the type of people that read it. (not always correct but more often than not I am)

The British tabloid press are w4nkers. Gordon Smart was on Talksport earlier trying to Justify the story. Neil Warnock basically told Smart that he didn't trust tabloids and the fact that the "source" is not named just adds to the lack of credibility of the story. And like someone said earlier, he's a Scot (plus I think I heard that he's a Celebrity journo, not a even Sports journo)

I wish these reporters had to publish stories that did not hide behind the mantra "a source said", rather they said "our source was 'X'".

While it is obviously not meant to be in the slightest bit racist, you have to wonder how thick Hodgson is to use the term in reference to Townsend. The press will eat him alive now.

He tweeted this about half hour a go. Obviously another nothing story

@andros_townsend
I don't know what all this fuss is about. No offence was meant and none was taken! It's not even news worthy!

how long till the society of black lawyers jump in?

and how long till baddeil calls for the blanket ban on the word monkey and the immediate arrest of anyone who visits a zoo?

Last edited:

While it is obviously not meant to be in the slightest bit racist, you have to wonder how thick Hodgson is to use the term in reference to Townsend. The press will eat him alive now.

Bollox - there is nothing remotely racist in this - its like saying Tom Ince plays for BLACKpool and sayign that is racist.

Horrible Horrible paper and gutter press.

Lol....no they bloody won't. Not when Roy's own players, including the player in question, and his best player, has unequivocally came out in support of him and rubbished the story.

All this will do is make The Sun look like fools, and damage their credibility even further.

Stan Collymore tweeted and then deleted a tweet saying it was obvious who the leak was to him, he said look at who someones mentor and their influence, he may be pointing fingers at a certain striker who was in that dressing room and one not getting game time....

Stan Collymore tweeted and then deleted a tweet saying it was obvious who the leak was to him, he said look at who someones mentor and their influence, he may be pointing fingers at a certain striker who was in that dressing room and one not getting game time....

Please, Please tell me that you are NOT suggesting Defoe...!

Please, Please tell me that you are NOT suggesting Defoe...!

i'm more curious to know how many guys, that up until this point in this thread, are black and are ****ed off that someone is ****ed about the comment being made

genuine curiosity. i say this csaue i would assume that to blacks its understsandable why someone may be offendd by it. as opposed to be ****ed off that someone was offended by it...which i think is weird a bit

Back