• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Re: Official - Townsend

Why have a pop at the Sun when every media outlet is talking about this.

Hodgson used an unfortunate comparison. If this happened in most offices he's be sent on some type of course and that would be the end of it.

i'm more curious to know how many guys, that up until this point in this thread, are black and are ****ed off that someone is ****ed about the comment being made

genuine curiosity. i say this csaue i would assume that to blacks its understsandable why someone may be offendd by it. as opposed to be ****ed off that someone was offended by it...which i think is weird a bit

Interesting question AS; As a black person myself I feel i would reserve the right to feel offended.

However, I have sort of given Hodgson the benefit of the doubt here as he doesn't come across as that kind of person to be so silly as to know that might be offensive but then still go ahead with the joke anyhow.
I also don't think this would have come out if say, Harry, had made the joke, so the political motive of the news being released has also perhaps clouded my reaction (which has been a little bit 'meh' it's the Sun...)

I do wonder if it had been the Guardian, Independent, Telegraph or other 'more serious' paper had reported it whether I would have had a more negative reaction to the news...perhaps I'm a snob deep down8-[

It'd be interesting to hear what KD, Naija and others think on this...

Now Kick It Out has waded in...this is unbelievable.

Again, as people have said, I think it's more racist to assume the joke is racist.

Hodgson told the full joke to get the point across and probably to relax the players at half time of an important game. For people to actually seriously be trying to give this story credence is ridiculous.

Got to admit fairly strange style of managing a team. 'Smalling mate get that faaaaaaacking ball up to Andros' would have been fine. Bit strange telling stories at half time.

Actually tbf Hodgson hasn't helped himself in terms of race relations with his other actions since taking over; dropping Rio Ferdinand for 'football reasons' and keeping John Terry in the fold being a case in point.

Maybe whoever released this incident to the press still has that in mind and is still not happy with how that went down (and it WAS a joke to side-line Rio in favour of Terry just because he is the brother of someone who Terry racially abused...)

Got to admit fairly strange style of managing a team. 'Smalling mate get that faaaaaaacking ball up to Andros' would have been fine. Bit strange telling stories at half time.

:-k interesting; I wonder if that cannot be argued against; Again in light of the treatment of Rio, you do ebing to wonder a little bit more about Woy (not that Harry would have been put in Woy's position if he had done it of course...)

Must be a very slow news day - while you might say it is a bit weird telling the joke to get his point across it clearly wasn't meant to be rascist and i'm sorry as british asian myself I neither reserve the right to be offended nor would I have been offended by this joke.

Not sure why Kick it out are getting involved - maybe they themselves are after more publicity for the sake of publicity.

Nothing to see here, move on

How long before Sol Campbell chips in with his two pence worth. I guarantee it.

Keown & Bale were both taunted but not news worthy so why all of a sudden is this an issue. Those two could have taken offence it if was the case

Lol....no they bloody won't. Not when Roy's own players, including the player in question, and his best player, has unequivocally came out in support of him and rubbished the story.

All this will do is make The Sun look like fools, and damage their credibility even further.

Im not saying its right, I just know how papers work. Also, as others have said, the story is running in all papers and websites now, not just the sun.

Stan Collymore tweeted and then deleted a tweet saying it was obvious who the leak was to him, he said look at who someones mentor and their influence, he may be pointing fingers at a certain striker who was in that dressing room and one not getting game time....

So (apart from Defoe8-[) who could this player be??

Im not saying its right, I just know how papers work. Also, as others have said, the story is running in all papers and websites now, not just the sun.

And most sensible people, including influential players within the squad, are saying 'what a load of nonsense'.

The only way the press can eat someone alive is if they are actually on the side of public opinion. What is great about the rise of the internet/tech/social media etc is that more and more people are thinking for themselves and not getting so easily swayed because the access of information / alternative viewpoints is far greater. It's wonderful to see. The Sun can keep embarrassing themselves all they like.

And most sensible people, including influential players within the squad, are saying 'what a load of nonsense'.

The only way the press can eat someone alive is if they are actually on the side of public opinion. What is great about the rise of the internet/tech/social media etc is that more and more people are thinking for themselves and not getting so easily swayed because the access of information / alternative viewpoints is far greater. It's wonderful to see. The Sun can keep embarrassing themselves all they like.

TBF, what if the Sun was briefed DIRECTLY by a player who was in the changing room at the time and actually did take offence?
If that is/was the case are the Sun really embarrassing themselves?

TBF, what if the Sun was briefed DIRECTLY by a player who was in the changing room at the time and actually did take offence?
If that is/was the case are the Sun really embarrassing themselves?

i think they are because its clear that Roy was not being racist, someone may well have taken offence by what was said but that in itself does not mean Roy was at fault

i think they are because its clear that Roy was not being racist, someone may well have taken offence by what was said but that in itself does not mean Roy was at fault

Ignorance of the law is not an admissable defence. IF (and this is a bloody big IF) someone found it racist and offensive then he is guilty of being racist and offensive, however, I think it's a bull**** story from a **** paper

In theory, they (the Sun) are just acting as a public mouthpiece for the player who got offended. As much as I hate the Sun, if their source is legit and wanted this to come out, how can that not be called 'reporting a whistle-blower' as opposed to being embarrassing??

Ignorance of the law is not an admissable defence. IF (and this is a bloody big IF) someone found it racist and offensive then he is guilty of being racist and offensive, however, I think it's a bull**** story from a **** paper

not at all, I can find a tree in the local park racist and offensive if I want, doesn't make it so

In theory, they (the Sun) are just acting as a public mouthpiece for the player who got offended. As much as I hate the Sun, if their source is legit and wanted this to come out, how can that not be called 'reporting a whistle-blower' as opposed to being embarrassing??

because the player is obviously an idiot or just wasn't listening properly, the sun must get all manner of cranks calling them every day saying they find this or that objectionable, should they report each case?

Back