• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Regardless I reckon he will get more than enough chances for us this season.......I reckon he will take that chance...

an exciting player to watch who may be about to peak as suggested by recent form and end of last season......

People seem to forget that Rose & Townsend were both voted player of the season by their respective loan clubs.....both of them coming back and competing in our squad can only be viewed as a major positive imo.

I agree

We should be making use of the current fearlessness he's playing with not loaning him out. Lennon used to be like him, always at his man but as wingers get older I think they can lose some of that adventure. I really hope we keep him and play him as first or second back up, as we should have done last season.

We should be making use of the current fearlessness he's playing with not loaning him out. Lennon used to be like him, always at his man but as wingers get older I think they can lose some of that adventure. I really hope we keep him and play him as first or second back up, as we should have done last season.

lennon just needs a supplier.

townsend less so cause he plays on the right and so has a genuine added threat of scoring goals. he is fine picking the ball from whereever

thought he was one of the bright spots yesterday in a pretty dull game. When he came on he looked to turn his man and get in on Goal. Chandli seems to be a one trick pony, always coming in on his right foot. Their full back got used to it and just shut him off as the game went on. But like all players, he needs time.

Townsend need to get more chances. I thought he looked good when he came on, and with a team full of Dembele's and Siggurdssons and lennons who dont want to pull the trigger, we need some like him who will have a go. After yesterdays game i would rather start with Townsend next week than Chadli. But as Chadli was purchased im sure that wont happen.

Townsend needs to learn when to pass if he wants to be a first team regular.

Being/seeming selfish based on a trust of your own abilities and an eagerness to prove yourself is a good sign in a young winger like Townsend.

I think we'll be able to teach him when to pass.

Exactly. Although to be fair I think they also said the same about the young Jose Dominguez ;)

ah yes but Jose could not score from plus 20 yards like the afore mentioned players can :)

I liked Jose, on his day he was hard to stop. I remember one game against derby where he was unplayable. Probably the only game i can say that about him, but still ;)

ah yes but Jose could not score from plus 20 yards like the afore mentioned players can :)

I liked Jose, on his day he was hard to stop. I remember one game against derby where he was unplayable. Probably the only game i can say that about him, but still ;)

That was his debut, far and away the best debut I've ever seen and maybe the best individual performance I've ever seen as well and I've been going since 88. Literally unplayable, he didn't put a foot wrong all night and was beating 2or 3 players each time he got it, I'd love to see some YouTube on that one. Only thing you can say is that the oppo was maybe not the best, but not his fault that!

Bale, ginola klinsman sheringham berbatov and gazza all had great games against far better oppo, but Jose simply didn't put a foot wrong on this one, amazing!

That was his debut, far and away the best debut I've ever seen and maybe the best individual performance I've ever seen as well and I've been going since 88. Literally unplayable, he didn't put a foot wrong all night and was beating 2or 3 players each time he got it, I'd love to see some YouTube on that one. Only thing you can say is that the oppo was maybe not the best, but not his fault that!

Bale, ginola klinsman sheringham berbatov and gazza all had great games against far better oppo, but Jose simply didn't put a foot wrong on this one, amazing!

yeah i cant remember who it was, but Derby had that bald guy, whose job it was too basically foul any creative player in sight. But Jose runs rings around him and made him look a fool. Did not realize it was his debut season. Jeez its a long time ago.

Being/seeming selfish based on a trust of your own abilities and an eagerness to prove yourself is a good sign in a young winger like Townsend.

I think we'll be able to teach him when to pass.

Agreed. That effort against Espanyol was Bale-esque, drifting in from the right and banging it with the left. He has it in his locker to be a very important player this year. Encourage that greed/confidence and we will be rewarded IMO.

was more impressed with townsend than chadli yesterday who was pretty dire.

He didn't set the world ablaze but he was far from dire. Showed some nice touches and interchanges with Rose. Townsend did look good in his brief spell, as well.

I'm still not sure what prevent Townsend from making the subs bench in a premier league encounter. A very effective sub with his directness and willingness to take on and shoot. What a great shot he has aswell, which is not what we can say for several of our midfield players.

His dribbling ability is great, and he has intelligence as well. High hopes for him.

I expect Andros to get more than a few minutes against CP. That is his opportunity and I hope he takes it.

I hope he also remembers his defensive duties.

Back