• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Re: Official - Townsend

This player is a **** then. For goodness sake what does he honestly think will happen? He isn't playing much under the current manager so he makes mountains out of the thinnest ground imaginable, watches the England manager that has just delivered qualification get the sack and then jumps back into the team? I bet the rest of the squad would love that!

In a way for The Sun to still be trying to cling to this story means they must have had someone come to them. But I just can't imagine what player was so stupid that they would do something like this? Surely Defoe is too clever for it?

That was very much Cundy's line, he rightly banged on about how if he was that upset he should at the very least have talked it through with senior players first before taking it up internally. He stressed that players nowadays have very clear channels of support for this kind of thing. He also severely challenged the reporter for not steering the player in that direction.

You wonder how long it will be before someone leaks his name to the media and then the **** will really hit the fan.

This player is a **** then. For goodness sake what does he honestly think will happen? He isn't playing much under the current manager so he makes mountains out of the thinnest ground imaginable, watches the England manager that has just delivered qualification get the sack and then jumps back into the team? I bet the rest of the squad would love that!

In a way for The Sun to still be trying to cling to this story means they must have had someone come to them. But I just can't imagine what player was so stupid that they would do something like this? Surely Defoe is too clever for it?

Hold on a second; what IF the Sun reporter is telling the truth? How do you or we know that it is bull****? And if the player's account is true and that Townsend and other found it offensive/odd what then? Does that make the player stupid? Does that make the others who raised eyebrows stupid?

You also have to then remember that Hodgson dropped Rio for 'footballing reasons' in favour of somebody who most would regard as using racist overtures to Rios brother so IF Roy indeed did racially offend, it COULD be argued that it wouldn't be the first time he has taken 'a strange step' in this area.

Strange that of all the postings on here in the last 12 hours or so, no-one has brought up or challenged my point on Roy's favouring of Terry over Rio Ferdinand 'for footballing reasons...'

The people who make the connection are the people who, if anyone can be called a racist, can be called a racist. Its the mere fact youre even considering the possibility as in your own mind YOURE the one making the connection.

(Thats not to say you are a racist but if the media and everyone else is even stooping to this level then why the **** not)

Absolutely spot on.

The most curious part of all this to me is what sort of coach hodgson is, the gist of this long winded story was that he wanted smalling to pass to townsend as he was our main threat.

I was hoping that the coach in the weeks between international games might take time to visit universities and learn about how is the best way to get a message across to his staff in the shortest space of time while encouraging them. Telling a **** joke is not what i thought the best way would be, we won so i guess people will say it does not matter.

But in the world cup we will face tougher teams and have more things going wrong at half time and he will be under pressure to impart several pieces of key information to the team in a 15 minute period, probably less due to the time the team takes to get to the dressing room and take on drinks and get quick massages.
Sun reporter said according to the player who took offence it was a very truncated version of the joke delivered animatedly and swiftly. By implication Roy was frustrated Smalling hadn't been following pre-match orders.

Hold on a second; what IF the Sun reporter is telling the truth? How do you or we know that it is bull****? And if the player's account is true and that Townsend and other found it offensive/odd what then? Does that make the player stupid? Does that make the others who raised eyebrows stupid?

You also have to then remember that Hodgson dropped Rio for 'footballing reasons' in favour of somebody who most would regard as using racist overtures to Rios brother so IF Roy indeed did racially offend, it COULD be argued that it wouldn't be the first time he has taken 'a strange step' in this area.

Strange that of all the postings on here in the last 12 hours or so, no-one has brought up or challenged my point on Roy's favouring of Terry over Rio Ferdinand 'for footballing reasons...'

Do you work for The Sun?

in that context yes it would be awkward, but not if your boss had spent the previous 20 minutes explaining about NASA's monkey, then the meaning would be wholly different, and thats the thing about language, context is everything

I completely agree with your first line there, you cannot control what people perceive, but if they get the wrong end of the stick that does not make you automatically guilty

who is calling roy guilty though? he isnt.

i think you might be mistaken as to the point i am arguing. i'm against the idea that people are NOT allowed to get offended by what he said. i think thats rubbish

Absolutely spot on.

just throwing this out there.

have you ever been called an ape or a ****ing monkey or a chocolate chip before just because of your colour?

if you have then you as a victim of a racial slur are racist because you then link a monkey or ape or chocolate chip with a racial slur.

if someone called you a ****ing stone you probably wouldnt make a link now would you, but someone cusses you out with those words then you are a racist because going forward in life if someone refers to another black person as a monkey you took offense

makes no sense to me

anyway, thats my last on the matter.....i think

edit:- if you havent been called that before then you just dont know what it feels like and you surely cant insinuate that someone who may find it offensive even if meant harmlessly is a racist

forget this, i'm joining twitter....some people are allowed to get away with some **** on that media outlet. ;)

Last edited:

who is calling roy guilty though? he isnt.

i think you might be mistaken as to the point i am arguing. i'm against the idea that people are NOT allowed to get offended by what he said. i think thats rubbish

I'd say going to the press claiming Roy made a racist comment is condemning him as guilty

anyone has the right to be offended by anything, however the onus is on the offended to give the situation some thought and then air his grievances to the proper channels, he should have gone to the FA first, not the ****ing sun

just throwing this out there.

have you ever been called an ape or a ****ing monkey or a chocolate chip before just because of your colour?

if you have then you as a victim of a racial slur are racist because you then link a monkey or ape or chocolate chip with a racial slur.

if someone called you a ****ing stone you probably wouldnt make a link now would you, but someone cusses you out with those words then you are a racist because going forward in life if someone refers to another black person as a monkey you took offense

makes no sense to me

anyway, thats my last on the matter.....i think

edit:- if you havent been called that before then you just dont know what it feels like and you surely cant insinuate that someone who may find it offensive even if meant harmlessly is a racist

forget this, i'm joining twitter....some people are allowed to get away with some **** on that media outlet. ;)

No but I've been called many offensive things like f*nian bastard and filthy T*ig and most recently a potato muncher. Should I hold the right to be offended next time a waiter asks me if I want chips with my steak?

So are you suggesting it can possibly be held against the England manager if he drops a black player for a white one? I'd also pick terry over rio, does that make me a potential racist too?

Also , he dropped Milner for Townsend so perhaps you should hint he's anti-white too?

No but I've been called many offensive things like f*nian bastard and filthy T*ig and most recently a potato muncher. Should I hold the right to be offended next time a waiter asks me if I want chips with my steak?

f*nian bastard and filthy T*ig and most recently a potato muncher

i dont know what those insults are they are being screened out.

can you type them out but cheat the system so that we can read it please

then it would also help to know your ethnic back ground and where you are from kind of thing.

i cant think of any racial connotation about potato munching to be honest, it s propably extremely offensive to a demographic and therefore i am possibly oblivious to those kinds of insults.

but if you are just throwing out a hypothetical , using a run of the mill insult and giving it equal comparison and weight to people that get abused because of thier colour with phrases known to be used with derogatory intent to a particular race......i dont know what to say to that to be fair. Its actually good to pull these opinions out of people as much aas often cause we all lilve under the banner of supporting the best club in the world but the other side of life someone could equate being called a potato muncher to a black person being called an ape or a monkey...given the clear the racial divide in society over centuries ....its suprising that you cant see that people mihgt be sensitive to it.

just had a flash back at SWP getting the monkey chants from the spanish. i think those guys found it funny too. shudders

I'd say going to the press claiming Roy made a racist comment is condemning him as guilty

anyone has the right to be offended by anything, however the onus is on the offended to give the situation some thought and then air his grievances to the proper channels, he should have gone to the FA first, not the ****ing sun

okay i agree with this bit. a bit low of the guy not to tell roy to his face , its like a betrayal of sorts.

tere is no accounting for character

So are you suggesting it can possibly be held against the England manager if he drops a black player for a white one? I'd also pick terry over rio, does that make me a potential racist too?

Also , he dropped Milner for Townsend so perhaps you should hint he's anti-white too?

GGeze i dont think has ever once insinuated that roy was a racist but again...that whole terry thing came off wrong to quite a lot of people.

i was either way with that ton be honest. it was an impossible situation for the manager. i think he did the right things for the squad, but make no mistake ....... there were people talking about it

GGeze i dont think has ever once insinuated that roy was a racist but again...that whole terry thing came off wrong to quite a lot of people.

i was either way with that ton be honest. it was an impossible situation for the manager. i think he did the right things for the squad, but make no mistake ....... there were people talking about it

As you say, it was an impossible situation for Roy and in in the end he went with what was best for the team in terms of personnel

If you read GGeze posts then while he's not calling roy a racist, he is certainly suggesting there was something behind it. Or why bring it up in this context?

As you say, it was an impossible situation for Roy and in in the end he went with what was best for the team in terms of personnel

If you read GGeze posts then while he's not calling roy a racist, he is certainly suggesting there was something behind it. Or why bring it up in this context?

probably trying to show a hypothetical link that could then cause a player to take offense to what roy said because roy has some kind of track record?. i cant be sure

make no mistake. IMO roy is NOT a racist, he didnt make a racial slur and he was more than not trying to get a point across about getting townsend the ball

the bit i dont get is why people are upset that someone else got upset by it

i'll say one thing, if roy1983 or ron atkison said i would be ****ed too

probably trying to show a hypothetical link that could then cause a player to take offense to what roy said because roy has some kind of track record?. i cant be sure

make no mistake. IMO roy is NOT a racist, he didnt make a racial slur and he was more than not trying to get a point across about getting townsend the ball

the bit i dont get is why people are upset that someone else got upset by it

i'll say one thing, if roy1983 or ron atkison said i would be ****ed too

Agreed. Perhaps the player who leaked doesn't know NASA sent monkeys into space and was genuinely upset - whether he should have gone runnoing to the press is a different matter

What ****es me off more is that we can expect more of this rubbish in the lead up to the world cup - not was he/wasnt he racist stories as such but **** that is going to undermine the squad and manager so they can call for roy to be sacked when we lose on pens in the quarters

Behold and absorb the latest pearls of wisdom from Jamie Redknapp, fast becoming as big an oral liability as his father. I sincerely hope someone (preferably Hodgson) asks him who the **** cares how he thinks Hodgson should handle his half-time talks. The ****er.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2465503/Jamie-Redknapp-Roy-Hodgsons-crime-trying-clever.html

english football man says we should keep it simple, i'm in shock

It's obviously a stitch up and Hodgson strikes me as someone who is absolutely not a racist in any sense, in fact, he appears a very decent man. The whole thing is bizarre. I've read the last few pages, and what NO-ONE knows is WHO took 'offence'...in fact, imagine the shock and surprise if the 'whistleblower' is, in fact, white! I think this entire issue has nothing to do with black members of the squad being 'upset' at all, as I am prepared to bet that every black footballer knows when someone is taking a racist dig at them. And this story was clearly, clearly, not racist.

I personally despise racism, marched against it as a youth, have got into fights over racist behaviour and will never sit quietly if I hear a racist **** near me. Again though, I have to say that strikes me as having nothing to do with racism and everything to do with agendas.

On a side-note, the most simian-like footballers I have personally EVER seen were Peter Reid, Keown and our very own Bale when he was a younger man with chimpy ears.

Back