• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

He played it for Eriksen to run onto. If he had played it to Kane he would have played it in to the box for him to run onto. You play the ball to where the player will be if he is moving, as both were.

You'd have to be rather biased and believe Townsend was a truly awful player to believe he would have played the ball to where Kane had run from and over hit it so much.

You're giving him way too much credit :) I am with dodgy pass to kane and got lucky. Townsend very really puts the ball where he should!

He looked decent yesterday though in the main, bar one awful shot. But usually it's 5 awful shots so he's learning. Now he just needs to stop shooting completely because he simply can't do it.

- - - Updated - - -

He played it for Eriksen to run onto. If he had played it to Kane he would have played it in to the box for him to run onto. You play the ball to where the player will be if he is moving, as both were.

You'd have to be rather biased and believe Townsend was a truly awful player to believe he would have played the ball to where Kane had run from and over hit it so much.

You're giving him way too much credit :) I am with dodgy pass to kane and got lucky. Townsend very really puts the ball where he should!

He looked decent yesterday though in the main, bar one awful shot. But usually it's 5 awful shots so he's learning. Now he just needs to stop shooting completely because he simply can't do it.

Yeah. Not really out of place considering some of his misplaced passes against Crystal Palace.

But not sure if it was a misplaced pass, or a perfect pass though. His immediate reaction certainly seemed like a "oh balls, I ****ed it up" hands to the head reaction, but I suppose it could also have been a "come on Christian, get it in the onion bag" thing. Seems a bit strange...

Did you watch the game against Palace?

He had a stinker against Palace, no doubt about that, all players have them from time to time, but he has shown an ability in other recent games to play well weighted passes/through balls to set goal scoring chances.

And it's clear to me he intended to pick out Eriksen and his reaction after playing it was concern the pass might get out cut out by a defender. The pass to Kane would have been a reverse one into the box - the kind of pass he's played a lot of recently. But it would have pushed Kane wide so he selected the better option and deserves credit for doing so.

He had a stinker against Palace, no doubt about that, all players have them from time to time, but he has shown an ability in other recent games to play well weighted passes/through balls to set goal scoring chances.

And it's clear to me he intended to pick out Eriksen and his reaction after playing it was concern the pass might get out cut out by a defender. The pass to Kane would have been a reverse one into the box - the kind of pass he's played a lot of recently. But it would have pushed Kane wide so he selected the better option and deserves credit for doing so.

If this had been about Soldado this place would be going into excuse meltdown.

Wow and some of you call your self supporters? just be happy the guy played the ball and it led to goal rather than having to bitch about it due to a personal vendetta against the player.

The only fans in the world who have to criticize a goal their team have scored.

I'm a fan of the club, not individual players. That post was more on how the expected (accepted?) attitude towards certain players differ. Some will get slated no matter what and anyone not doing so will get slated as well because they're making "excuses".

I'm still trying to work out whether or not Townsend meant that cut back for Kane or Eriksen. His body language definately says Kane.

For Townsend to get slated for a s*** game is one thing; to have this done for a match winning run and assist is really scraping the barrel...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still trying to work out whether or not Townsend meant that cut back for Kane or Eriksen. His body language definately says Kane.

For Townsend to get slated for a s*** game is one thing; to have this done for a match winning run and assist is really scraping the barrel...

Townsend had a positive impact when he came on yesterday and history will record him as having made the match winning pass.

Guess there is just no pleasing some people.

- - - Updated - - -

Townsend had a positive impact when he came on yesterday and history will record him as having made the match winning pass.

This forum would be a quiet place if that was the attitude most people had about most things. Why even have a transfer rumours forum? History will record us not signing anyone up until the point where we actually sign someone...

People can be pleased and still ask curious and even critical questions. I really think you're smart enough to understand that...

I think the is a slight improvement from a few months ago, he tries hard and is improving as with the goal yesterday his pace shows he can get assists if he is in the right position. I would have him as a squad player but if anyone comes in with a 5m+ bid I would accept.

This forum would be a quiet place if that was the attitude most people had about most things. Why even have a transfer rumours forum? History will record us not signing anyone up until the point where we actually sign someone...

People can be pleased and still ask curious and even critical questions. I really think you're smart enough to understand that...

If you read some of these posts though, they are critical for criticals sake. Some (not necessarily saying you) lack any objectivity on some players. They could score hatricks and some would argue that the goals were scuffed, not meant, miscues, intended passes, etc etc. Football is about opinions of course but some leave all objectivity at home and don't give any credit to a player (or manager) they dislike or don't rate.

- - - Updated - - -

If you read some of these posts though, they are critical for criticals sake. Some (not necessarily saying you) lack any objectivity on some players. They could score hatricks and some would argue that the goals were scuffed, not meant, miscues, intended passes, etc etc. Football is about opinions of course but some leave all objectivity at home and don't give any credit to a player (or manager) they dislike or don't rate.

I think the is a slight improvement from a few months ago, he tries hard and is improving as with the goal yesterday his pace shows he can get assists if he is in the right position. I would have him as a squad player but if anyone comes in with a 5m+ bid I would accept.

I don't know. I have lost patience with Townsend a number of times. Only for him to show some quality. Sadly its too rare, and most performances he's all pace, blind alley, no end product and wayward shooting. But what strikes you is he has the ingredients to be a successful footballer. He could hone his game and go on to be highly effective. Not quite like Hazard, but similar. He's not there technically or tactically. But can he work on it and improve? Ultimately I'm not sure it will be with us, but you never know with Poch in charge he has a way of managing players on so they develop.

Not slating him at all, genuinely interested as to what other people think. Given that a few others on here noticed it before me would also make it less of a personal thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Not slating him at all, genuinely interested as to what other people think. Given that a few others on here noticed it before me would also make it less of a personal thing.

I see from this thread there are some people on here who will never git Townsend credit no matter what he does.

Personally I do not give a crap about those so called fans, I am happy in the knowledge that I see talent in this kid and I am going to back him all the way. I have never wanted him out of our club because I for one thinks he can be a success at Spurs.

He would go for at least 10 Million and there'd be no shortage of clubs interested in him - not the top clubs, but he has all the attributes to be a very effective premier league player.

Apparently, he started working on his right foot. I watched the first half only, he used it at least 4 times shooting and crossing. He was not perfect yet he has tried and in Spurs this kind of players who be something.

He has very good pace problem is the way teams are defending us now sitting deep he rarely has a chance to use it. Look at the chance he set up for Eriksen Sunderland winner and for Bobby's sitter miss both examples of great pace on the break

Townsend has the tools (with a little work on his right foot needed), he is however inconsistent, really has moments where game intelligence seems to be a massive challenge.

I thought for a long while, he neither was at Lennon's (in form) level or would be. However it obvious our coach sees something different.

Our hope will have to be, in a well defined team system, Townsend may flourish as a bit of the decision making is taken away from him.

I strongly believe we need either him or Lennon (or new winger) involved more in our games, pace is always a weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think this is the case for Townsend any more than for other players.

Back