• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Avb hey? Where to start. Well i'll start with i think he's made some real silly mistakes most notably defensive substitutions while only holding a one goal lead. However im very willing to give him time i personally think he was hugely let down by levy in the summer, obvious he wanted moutinho and and willian and levy blagged him with dempsey and sigurdsson(who i think given time will be an excellent player) I'd have a guess that most of the signings were levy signings as opposed to the managers something which i feel has also dictated the formations we've had to play. I'll give him benefit of the doubt and lets see what happens january window.

There does seem to be somewhat of a whitch hunt against him tho it must be said within the media certain journalists just aren't willing to give him any praise what so ever and slate him at any given possibility, wonder why? Worst is that GInger Chugnut Adrian 'anti christ' Durham. Cretin.

That graham roberts interview is very interesting i was under the impression big robbo had as good as been outcasted from the club after slating levy for way he handled sacking of jol? seem to remember reading about it in various papers at the time good to see a club legend being involved somewhat with the club.

I had a very brief look into the the world of premiership coaching by means of a coaching seminar given by the WBA coaches to my local club. I can tell you that even after that one brief exposure to the coaching methods at the baggies I was astounded. The attention to detail is far far beyond what I imagined. They had pro-zone data for every player at the club, kids included, for every match that they played while at the club, all analysed up the wazoo. If you think they don't see what we see then you are wrong. They see.

This...

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas says fans have right to voice displeasure

Last Updated: November 27, 2012 5:27pm

Rafael Benitez was welcomed to his new role at Chelsea with jeering from the Stamford Bridge faithful when he took charge of his first game against Emirates Marketing Project.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger also came in for some stick for his decision to substitute Olivier Giroud for Francis Coquelin during the goalless draw at Aston Villa.

Villas-Boas has had his fair share of abuse from the stands while at both Chelsea and Tottenham but says that is the supporters' prerogative.

"The fans have the right to everything in my opinion. They are the ones who breathe the biggest passion for the football club," said Villas-Boas, whose side host Liverpool on Wednesday.

"They are entitled to whatever they want to say or chant; disappointment, belief, encouragement, positiveness.

"It is all down to them, football is about them, it is about their passion. They have the right more than anybody to show that.

"(As a manager) you have to take it. Sometimes we don't like what we hear but that's life."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...oas-says-fans-have-right-to-voice-displeasure

That graham roberts interview is very interesting i was under the impression big robbo had as good as been outcasted from the club after slating levy for way he handled sacking of jol? seem to remember reading about it in various papers at the time good to see a club legend being involved somewhat with the club.

i think the fact that Roberts regularly slagged off AVB actually prompted Levy and Cullen to invite him down to the training ground to show him things werent as bad as he was making out. The club hates bad publicity so it looks like the invite and what Roberts saw and heard for himself has had the required effect

'Andre Villas-Boas has compared Daniel Sturridge to Porto superstar Hulk ahead of what could be the Chelsea's forward's maiden England call-up.'

It's not exactly an unprecedented occurance.

I think tonight's game effectively puts to bed the idea of AVB being stubborn and sticking to his system.
He completely ditched his high defensive line after Suarez outpaced Dawson and Gallas and Walker saved us.
We sat deep for the rest of them game.
Above all AVB is a pragmatist and tries to make the best use of the tools he's given.

I think tonight's game effectively puts to bed the idea of AVB being stubborn and sticking to his system.
He completely ditched his high defensive line after Suarez outpaced Dawson and Gallas and Walker saved us.
We sat deep for the rest of them game.
Above all AVB is a pragmatist and tries to make the best use of the tools he's given.

He didn't ditch a high line imo. I watched the last 20 minutes and we still played a high line to me which pool kept exploiting. We didn't press as much but he certainly didn't ditch a high line for me.

When the players did their job of pressing we had a high line, but Liverpool forced us to drop deep too often.

I had a very brief look into the the world of premiership coaching by means of a coaching seminar given by the WBA coaches to my local club. I can tell you that even after that one brief exposure to the coaching methods at the baggies I was astounded. The attention to detail is far far beyond what I imagined. They had pro-zone data for every player at the club, kids included, for every match that they played while at the club, all analysed up the wazoo. If you think they don't see what we see then you are wrong. They see.

I'm sure that there is something similar at all top level clubs but West Brom is one of the best run clubs around. If we want to reintroduce the DoF system then we could have done a lot worse than go for Dan Ashworth before the FA poached him.

I've said this countless times but a 90 minute pressing game will never work at home imo.

Indeed, but I think the issue here was much much more about the 3 games in 7 days and Dembele returning...we battered West Ham both halves to such a degree that the result should've been 5 or 6.

He needs support in the Jan window if he is to build properly, because he's showing he can work us through tough stretches. Seeing what we came through, the defeats and losing Ade for 3 games, he's done a great job IMHO...

Indeed, but I think the issue here was much much more about the 3 games in 7 days and Dembele returning...we battered West Ham both halves to such a degree that the result should've been 5 or 6.

He needs support in the Jan window if he is to build properly, because he's showing he can work us through tough stretches. Seeing what we came through, the defeats and losing Ade for 3 games, he's done a great job IMHO...

Liverpool also played 3 games in 7 days though. Is he showing us he can work through tough stretches ? Or do we just have some really great individual talent that bails him out (no pun intended) ?

I thought early on tonight we were going to get a complete performance and a sign of progress with the "system", but once again we were hanging on at the end with Liverpool having missed chance after chance. But we won so thats good... although Liverpool had a clear plan to attack and create chances (and pass the ball) but lacked the individual talent to win the game, whereas we are the opposite. Long term I think Liverpool will do well.

While I generally agree I think he needs to be proactive with his substitutions. The pattern of a game can obviously be changed and for me this is something he still hasn't quiet got right yet. In saying that I see this season as a freebie and I am certainly behind him for the long haul.

Back