• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Regarding VDV, I haven't read or heard one quote from him saying he wanted to leave. And this a guy that isn't exactly shy is he?! I know his wife leaves in another country, but she lives in Hamburg which is about an hour's flight, but I think he realised he wasn't in the plans of either the manager or Levy, or both. We all know that Levy doesn't like players who are regarded as dead money, so it's conceivable that he wanted to sell him whilst he could still get a good price for him. But we didn't get a good price. There's no way VDV is only worth two million more than Sigurdsson.

We don't know the full story, but someone dropped a gonad* that's for sure.

regardless of whether you're right or wrong, why not wait until May and see what happens?

I think we need to be getting top six. We can't go from being a top five side to a mid-table side. I am very uncomfortable with us going backwards at all due to momentum pulling us further that way, but if we do go backwards it can be no lower than 6th. Even that may not be enough. What are your expectations of this season?

Regarding VDV, I haven't read or heard one quote from him saying he wanted to leave. And this a guy that isn't exactly shy is he?! I know his wife leaves in another country, but she lives in Hamburg which is about an hour's flight, but I think he realised he wasn't in the plans of either the manager or Levy, or both. We all know that Levy doesn't like players who are regarded as dead money, so it's conceivable that he wanted to sell him whilst he could still get a good price for him. But we didn't get a good price. There's no way VDV is only worth two million more than Sigurdsson.

We don't know the full story, but someone dropped a gonad* that's for sure.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/20876/7896425/Van-der-Vaart-focused-on-Spurs

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7908987/VDV-pledges-future-to-Spurs

Also I saw a press conference with AVB in pre-season where he made it clear that no player would be sold without his approval.

Last edited:
Posts #3175 and #3180 have, for me hit the tickle my balls with a feather. Like 'Steff, I stayed applauding the team until the last Spurs player had disappeared down the tunnel at the Ephemirates last Saturday and like 'Steff, I have supported Spurs for well over 40 years. In the second half against Le Arse, I too witnessed, what I hope is the blossoming of AVB's Tottenham.

There are reasons to be cheerful, we just need a little patience for everything to knit together. Whatever happens, lets all get behind the team, especially at WHL, where the recent poisonous atmosphere has made it a very unpleasant place to watch football.

Also telling that in AVB's first game, Saudi Sportswashing Machine away, he started Sigurdsson and left VDV on the bench.

Also telling that in AVB's first game, Saudi Sportswashing Machine away, he started Sigurdsson and left VDV on the bench.

AVB is a man with a vision I think. He knows exactly how he wants us to play and the sort of player he needs to play it. We haven't had a Manager with such a clear directional strategy since Hoddle. And VDV simply doesn't fit in with the way AVB wants us to play. 4-5-1, high tempo, high pressing, direct football.

AVB is a man with a vision I think. He knows exactly how he wants us to play and the sort of player he needs to play it. We haven't had a Manager with such a clear directional strategy since Hoddle. And VDV simply doesn't fit in with the way AVB wants us to play. 4-5-1, high tempo, high pressing, direct football.

Give me a manager without a clear directional strategy that plays nice football and gets results over the brick I've had to watch this season any day.

And lasted about 60 minutes and that was the end of his Spurs career. I still can't quite believe how it just ended suddenly. Apparently he isn't having the best of times at HSV at the moment either.

The guy has not been 100% fit for years, a special player but not one to build a team around.

This, and he wanted to take his family back to Germany and the club let him.

I keep reading this on this forum. Does anyone have any links from when he was a Spurs stating he wanted to take his family back? The only links I have been able to find are ones where he has said he was happy to stay at Spurs.

I keep reading this on this forum. Does anyone have any links from when he was a Spurs stating he wanted to take his family back? The only links I have been able to find are ones where he has said he was happy to stay at Spurs.

He said to Bild a German paper that it was difficult with his Mrs working in Europe and that one day he would return to play in Holland.

AVB will need to earn his money against the hammers they mix it up well and are very physical, Dawson must start.

AVB will need to earn his money against the hammers they mix it up well and are very physical, Dawson must start.

I agree. He is the best header of the ball in the club and will be important against a physical side like them

Back