• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

I'm reading this as "phew, we're no longer particularly worried about AVB being brick, so let us instead ponder the possibility that he may leave after having won the league at spurs".

Happy with that.

is Arry a sooper dooper tactical genius who plays sweeper keeper and makes Bale's all around game improve because of 1 good game? thought not.

:ross:

He can't let it go
He can't let it go-o-o
Poor King Dawson
He just can't let it go!

(to the Adebayor tune)

:lol:

All in good fun mate...

(p.s. edited for proper rhythm!)

Remind me how long the average Premier League manager stays in a job for again?

I dont know im sure the statos on here would be able to tell us - three or four years sounds about right. Then again the stats could be skewed by various factors for example they may have been fired, or die or are just plain brick.

Sweeper keeper
He is rather blinding
Young and very French too
Signed by AVB for you!

(to 'Super Trooper' by the MIGHTY Abba...I'm thinking of quitting the day job. Thoughts?:ross:)

I dont know im sure the statos on here would be able to tell us - three or four years sounds about right. Then again the stats could be skewed by various factors for example they may have been fired, or die or are just plain brick.

It is a little out of date admittedly (I will try to find something more current) but this piece from a few years back says 1.4 years

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/21052010/58/premier-league-managers-1-4-years-jobs.html

The really stand out thing for me in the piece is that at the time it was written there were only eight managers in the top four English divisions who had been in their job for more than five years.

that stat is only part useful really though Milo, if you think about it - managers are given little time to prove themselves if they do not hit the ground running or they have a bad start and a trigger happy chairman - if a manager is successful then he won't be getting the boot which is the main reason for it being so low.

that stat is only part useful really though Milo, if you think about it - managers are given little time to prove themselves if they do not hit the ground running or they have a bad start and a trigger happy chairman - if a manager is successful then he won't be getting the boot which is the main reason for it being so low.

I think that you are right but even a manager with a previously good track record doesn't tend to last long if results turn against them.

you didnt like the Champions league run then or all the good it did for us to have harry?

champions league? what good is that if it doesn't consist of a sooper dooper tactical genius who plays sweeper keeper and makes Bale's all around game improve because of 1 good game?

picard.gif

Mate.
You're missing the entire point of AVB and what he sees (along with Levy) IMO.

He sees US as the club who will win major honors in the coming years, and he sees US as the 'project' which is soon to explode into successful action.
New training centre.
New stadium coming.
Good squad to be improved yet further.
Young manager.

His whole ethos is based on taking total control of everything (I wouldn't be surprised if he dictates the brew of tea in the canteen pots - if there is tea-if there is a canteen!!!!!!!) and he is NOT going to get that stepping in somewhere like Milan, etc, etc. No, I think that IF it works out, he'll be here at least a decade and that when he goes it will be for a national team job. Either that or he'll get the tin-tack down the line.

BTW, nice to see people worrying about him being poached! ;-)

Could not agree more.

Mate.
You're missing the entire point of AVB and what he sees (along with Levy) IMO.

He sees US as the club who will win major honors in the coming years, and he sees US as the 'project' which is soon to explode into successful action.
New training centre.
New stadium coming.
Good squad to be improved yet further.
Young manager.

His whole ethos is based on taking total control of everything (I wouldn't be surprised if he dictates the brew of tea in the canteen pots - if there is tea-if there is a canteen!!!!!!!) and he is NOT going to get that stepping in somewhere like Milan, etc, etc. No, I think that IF it works out, he'll be here at least a decade and that when he goes it will be for a national team job. Either that or he'll get the tin-tack down the line.

BTW, nice to see people worrying about him being poached! ;-)

Like you said, in your opinion. Time will tell.

Back