• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

tenor.gif

I think that it is similar to the Tories trying to load the Lords here, it doesn't really cut through outside a small group of politicos.

All governments do this, Bliar was a great one for it. Cronyism is not a new thing.

Personally I would move towards the Irish system of government. Outside the evil EU of course.

At this point, I am genuinely angry and exhausted, to the point I have little left to add in conversation. I do think it I vital to reman vigilant, however the truth is this charade just has to play out. What needs to be noted for the future -and I hope Biden finds a way of getting it on record- is that such blatant attempts to sabotage the gvmt via backroad routes through the over-aged constitution need to be eliminated.

At this point, I am genuinely angry and exhausted, to the point I have little left to add in conversation. I do think it I vital to reman vigilant, however the truth is this charade just has to play out. What needs to be noted for the future -and I hope Biden finds a way of getting it on record- is that such blatant attempts to sabotage the gvmt via backroad routes through the over-aged constitution need to be eliminated.

What's the end game?

Do the secret service just switch and send the a team from Trump to Biden one day.

Yeah agree. But it has gone on for years but you mention the tories trying to load the house of lords, when it has gone on for years.

If you are going to have an unelected second chamber, who is in there shouldn't be in the gift of the government. You are just asking for corruption. You can basically buy a place in the legislature.

What's the end game?

Do the secret service just switch and send the a team from Trump to Biden one day.

TBH I am not sure what action the end game will result in, only that there definitely is one because there are too many people in high places who won't let him stage a coup. I think everyone knew this could happen and contingencies have been set accordingly. My feeling is that there Biden admin have already established firm lines of back-channel communication with the GOP to mitigate the massive amounts of time being lost by this kuntshow clown. It feels like a giant game of jenga and we're just waiting for Trump to bury try himself by pulling out one piece too many.

If you are going to have an unelected second chamber, who is in there shouldn't be in the gift of the government. You are just asking for corruption. You can basically buy a place in the legislature.

Yes that is the issue. Not sure what the alternative is. One thing Bliar was right about was hereditary peerage.

The good thing is that a majority of these lying, immoral, brick stirrers will be dead or dement within a decade or so.

The bad thing of course is that the legacy they leave behind could cripple that nation for decades.

Back