• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Thats what someone said last night which made it hit home with me, the States of America is pretty large numbers have said Trumps our guy, thats insane when you look at it.

Biden seems a good guy but you have to question how someone can not win this election with a long run up added to Trumps handling of things like Covid etc.

What a mess, its mad, totally mad

That's the whole point of culture war/identity politics. Divide people on a small number of divisive issues and then play everything through that lense. It can drive up voting numbers but proves very divisive but makes effective governing very difficult. The big loss of the election is that culture war politics won't be rejected by the Republicans after this.

That's the whole point of culture war/identity politics. Divide people on a small number of divisive issues and then play everything through that lense. It can drive up voting numbers but proves very divisive but makes effective governing very difficult. The big loss of the election is that culture war politics won't be rejected by the Republicans after this.

true, thats one thing that Trump can't be blamed for, they have been on that path since the founding, and the funding, of the tea party

true, thats one thing that Trump can't be blamed for, they have been on that path since the founding, and the funding, of the tea party

I take the point on the Tea Party but this is a different flavour of Republican politics than we have seen before that.

Is this just going to be a stop gap Presidency? The man that bridged the gap from Trump to the next?

Could depend on Biden surviving the next four years, actually. I'm thinking of course death from natural cause here, although there are enough nutters with semi automatic weapons in that batbrick country that surely won't blink if they have president Biden in sight.

Could depend on Biden surviving the next four years, actually. I'm thinking of course death from natural cause here, although there are enough nutters with semi automatic weapons in that batbrick country that surely won't blink if they have president Biden in sight.

I think those nutters would have more of an issue with a biracial woman replacing him.

They say that about every president and it just never materializes but I have heard the health concerns pop up a few times.

and Trump has increased his vote, how disheartening is that, people have either changed their mind to back him now, or he’s got to first time voters

Considering how many Trump voters from 2016 will have died since then, an awful lot of people are either switching to him or choosing him for the first time.

Considering how many Trump voters from 2016 will have died since then, an awful lot of people are either switching to him or choosing him for the first time.
I think we are forgetting that the incumbent usually gets voted back into office especially during a crisis. Even Trump. Also I think the fact that Trump has been holding rallies where he riles up his support base with his own brand of populism while Biden has been much more restrained has helped. Nonetheless if Biden does win, there does need to be an acknowledgment that he will have done something incredible to overcome the Trump brand.

I think we are forgetting that the incumbent usually gets voted back into office especially during a crisis. Even Trump. Also I think the fact that Trump has been holding rallies where he riles up his support base with his own brand of populism while Biden has been much more restrained has helped. Nonetheless if Biden does win, there does need to be an acknowledgment that he will have done something incredible to overcome the Trump brand.
I don't think you can account for 75M people with just populism.

Whatever we all think of Trump, we have to accept that a very large chunk of the electorate out there either likes him or, at least, prefers him to Biden.

To overcome the Trump brand. But also to overcome voter suppression, gerrymandering, the electoral college, the blatant lies of the right wing propaganda machine etc etc etc...

I don't think you can account for 75M people with just populism.

Whatever we all think of Trump, we have to accept that a very large chunk of the electorate out there either likes him or, at least, prefers him to Biden.
True. Not only populism. Also racism, sexism, fascism, originalism... Any isms I'm forgetting?

And no, I'm not saying those are the only reasons Trump is doing well. They are factors though.

Back