• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

As if the US election wasn't a big enough freak show already, they're having some kind of gala dinner for the rich/self important:

Someone got the best seat in the house:

CvQGbU-W8AAK-Z1.jpg

at this rate even if only the women Trump has sexually assaulted vote for Clinton she'll still win confortably

they do the Al Smith dinner before each election, its normally a light hearted fundraiser for homeless kids

Up until now, I have viewed Dumph as something of a buffoon, you know...a bit like Boris Johnson. Not somebody who you would really take at all seriously if you were switched on politically. However, this man has entered very dangerous territory by saying he would not accept the result. Even Al Gore, who had a Prima Facie case that his opponent's brother (Jed Bush) had rigged the result in Florida accepted the umpire's decision. This right wing taco is really playing with fire and could activate some real RWNJ's.

Up until now, I have viewed Dumph as something of a buffoon, you know...a bit like Boris Johnson. Not somebody who you would really take at all seriously if you were switched on politically. However, this man has entered very dangerous territory by saying he would not accept the result. Even Al Gore, who had a Prima Facie case that his opponent's brother (Jed Bush) had rigged the result in Florida accepted the umpire's decision. This right wing taco is really playing with fire and could activate some real RWNJ's.

Our "buffoon" is now foreign secretary :eek:

The US "buffoon" is a very dangerous and divisive gobbrick. He is stirring up a lot of zombie like right wing loony groups!

I didn't see the last debate, not much changed then really?

I'm not even a yank and I'll be glad when it's over!

That didn't happen.

If you can control your aversion to facts, there's a good breakdown here:

http://openargs.com/oa2-the-2000-election-neverforget-part-1/
http://openargs.com/oa3-bush-v-gore-and-the-2000-election-part-2/
http://openargs.com/oa4-the-2000-election-neverforget-part-3/
http://openargs.com/oa5-bush-v-gore-and-the-2000-election-part-4/

I didn't see the last debate, not much changed then really?

I'm not even a yank and I'll be glad when it's over!

I didn't see the last debate either. But on Thursday morning I found myself searching the BBC website to see what had happened. Not because I was wanted to learn the intracicies of the political debate ( in which I would normally have a passing interest) but because I wanted to see (rubber neck) what new controversies Trump had delivered. I realise that doesn't put me in a particularly good light, but I bet I am far from the only one. It is a sad indictment that the election process of the world's most powerful leader has become a total car crash.

Thanks for those links. I only read one and it supported my interpretation. The US have no independent electoral commission and federal votes are in the hands of state instrumentalities. So in reality, the result was totally controlled by George W'S brother, Jeb Bush the governor of Florida. Yeah, I'd be happy with that... nothing to see here....no conflict of interest.....now where did those votes go?

Thanks for those links. I only read one and it supported my interpretation. The US have no independent electoral commission and federal votes are in the hands of state instrumentalities. So in reality, the result was totally controlled by George W'S brother, Jeb Bush the governor of Florida. Yeah, I'd be happy with that... nothing to see here....no conflict of interest.....now where did those votes go?
The decision was made by the US Supreme Court.

Last time I checked, Jeb Bush wasn't even sitting, let alone in control of it.

So according to Scara if he ran against me in an election, I won, but the election was disputed by him, he would be happy for my mates to handle all the votes and other associated evidence. As I stated before, conflict of interest?

No but he had possession of the votes! He had the evidence.
No he didn't.

US elections are run by volunteers, usually a fairly even mix of red and blue. The counties that were being asked for recounts were heavily Democrat leaning ones, so if anything, there would have been more Democrats involved in the process.

No he didn't.

US elections are run by volunteers, usually a fairly even mix of red and blue. The counties that were being asked for recounts were heavily Democrat leaning ones, so if anything, there would have been more Democrats involved in the process.

All that may be so, but crucially, the administration of elections is a state responsibility. Volunteers do not control the ballot papers, that is handled by Florida state appointed electoral officials.

All that may be so, but crucially, the administration of elections is a state responsibility. Volunteers do not control the ballot papers, that is handled by Florida state appointed electoral officials.
Are you suggesting the voting papers were tampered with or intentionally miscounted?

Because that's something that not even the most swivel-eyed, jet fuel can't melt steel beams, weirdos have been suggesting.

Are you suggesting the voting papers were tampered with or intentionally miscounted?

Because that's something that not even the most swivel-eyed, jet fuel can't melt steel beams, weirdos have been suggesting.

I'm saying that having your brother in charge of an electoral process represents a huge conflict of interest. Pretty obvious really.

So, still four weeks appx until until voting day.

Another week and a half, maybe two, for Trump sexual allegations to die down I reckon.

I wonder what Trump has on Hillary that will be used in the last two weeks to create a negative hysteria around her just as people step to the ballot box? (Or can't bring themselves to vote for either)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
This election is yet another reminder of just how many thicker than two short planks, racist, redneck hillbillies there still are in Murica. And I love Americans! This election shouldn't even be close. If only Obama or Bill Clinton were in the race instead of Hilary I'm sure it would be far more one sided than it is.

If only Kasich or Similar were in the race instead of,Trump. Hillary Clinton wouldn't stand a chance.

If only Kasich or Similar were in the race instead of,Trump. Hillary Clinton wouldn't stand a chance.

completely disagree with this, the republican party as we know it is defunct, their nominee isn't really a republican, he appeals to the general electorate as he is anti establishment and speaks his mind, he has a very solid base,
kasich only won the state in the nominee process where has was governor, he is a better candidate than trump but not nowhere as electable or appealing to the white, uneducated working class, the republicans will lose but they
have fielded the best candidate they could have.

completely disagree with this, the republican party as we know it is defunct, their nominee isn't really a republican, he appeals to the general electorate as he is anti establishment and speaks his mind, he has a very solid base,
kasich only won the state in the nominee process where has was governor, he is a better candidate than trump but not nowhere as electable or appealing to the white, uneducated working class, the republicans will lose but they
have fielded the best candidate they could have.

We will have to agree to disagree on this. Personally I won't vote for either of them. My first vote as an American citizen and what an appalling choice.

Back