• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Oh and before that

trump-golden-shower.png

Even Trump wouldn't be stupid enough to take the money. He has skirted the law for years and has been bright enough to keep sufficient deniability and reasonable doubt. That said, he seems to be getting more deranged by the day.

It would be a delicious irony if Putin was setting him up. I doubt anyone apart from Trump himself thinks Putin admires him and wanted to help the best man win the presidency. Trump is a useful idiot, something Bannon seems to agree on. Putin has already damaged the credibility of the US by helping Trump and can afford to take his time, but bringing down a US president would be even more destabilising to the US.

Expect wikileaks to find something on Trump in due time.

Even Trump wouldn't be stupid enough to take the money. He has skirted the law for years and has been bright enough to keep sufficient deniability and reasonable doubt. That said, he seems to be getting more deranged by the day.

It would be a delicious irony if Putin was setting him up. I doubt anyone apart from Trump himself thinks Putin admires him and wanted to help the best man win the presidency. Trump is a useful idiot, something Bannon seems to agree on. Putin has already damaged the credibility of the US by helping Trump and can afford to take his time, but bringing down a US president would be even more destabilising to the US.

Expect wikileaks to find something on Trump in due time.

I think that Putin's interest in Trump is two fold. First it strengthens him domestically if the US is a mess. If there is dissent against him, he can point to the US and say that Russians are safer under him. Secondly, a weak and compromised Us will not be in a position to stop Russian expansionism and foreign interests. They have already stepped up activity in Ukraine, their interests in the Middle East are likely to go unopposed and I would not be surprised if they stepped up hostile acts towards the Baltic states.

I suspect Putin is mainly interested in power for himself and wouldn't take risks to grab the Baltics. But if offered a safe option he would probably take it. It will help his legacy as the man who made Russia great again.

Trump's comments about NATO do make you wonder if he could get away with a land grab in the Baltics. And Trump was supposedly responsible for softening of the Republican platform on help for Ukraine (link). All nicely timed with leaks.

Good on Sweden, it is the sort of thing I would like us do in this country. Set up working groups to see how over the next 20 years we could find a way to get all our energy from renewable sources and also from within the UK. Sweden is a great country that is forward looking I like it.

As for Trump, is he a fit and proper person to be president, nope I do not think a former bankrupt should be allowed to even stand for public office. He is attacking the gay community of which I am very fond of, he is persecuting all Muslims for the acts of a select few and risking making America and the world less safe in the process.

But he is also getting some utter tossers knickers in a twist, is kind of funny.

Back