• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

He was one of the best players on the pitch against Middlesborough on the weekend, in a game that Brentford should've won. Really hope we don't sell him, he's worth a spot in the 25 man squad

Brentford seem to think he'll be back at Spurs next season which is good news. I really want to see him succeed at Spurs, think he is very talented.

http://www.epsomguardian.co.uk/sport/football/11771840._/

Brentford boss Mark Warburton has backed midfielder Alex Pritchard to make an impact in the Premier League next season – with Tottenham Hotspur. The 21-year-old, on loan from Spurs until the end of the season, has starred for the Championship play-off chasing Bees this season – backing up an impressive League One campaign with Swindon Town last term. And, far from looking to make the England U21 international’s Griffin Park stay permanent, Warburton reckons the youngster will follow in the footsteps of Spurs striker Harry Kane in making the grade at White Hart Lane. “I would think all parties will be pleased with Alex’s progress. We have benefited from his performances, while one of Tottenham’s assets is maturing nicely,” said the Brentford manager. “Far from me to tell them what to do, but I think Alex will be playing for Spurs next season. “He has all the talent to become a top Premier League player. He is good enough to make an impact at that level.”

He deserves a chance. He looks very gifted on the ball, technical able to preserve possesion and pick out a pass. As part of our three behind the main striker he could do really well. A natural progression would be to get him a loan to a premiership side and see how he does.

Maybe Swansea again. They play a possesion game and it suits our players. Either that or give him a really good run in pre-season and then add him to our squad.

I'm curious which of Carroll, Pritchard, Alli or Onomah we'll use as Eriksen's understudy at ACM next season.

I dont think Carroll is suited to being Eriksens Understudy. He is more in the role of Mason or Benteleb. Alli looks more like he could be his understudy with his eye for goal and dribbling ability. Pritchard I would have thought would be playing wide in the three behind. So taking being part of the squad for Chadli, Lamela and Townsends positions.

Lol wtf, we won't let Eriksen go this summer. In the odd game's I have seen, Pritchard is definately best played in the centre with licence to roam. He seems to drift out of games when pushed out wide. From all I have read on the others Alli, Onomah and Carroll are able to play deeper in midfield. Alli is apparently doing that job at MK Dons as is Carroll at Swansea. I can't speak for Onomah as I know little about the lad.

Hopefully he can play with Eriksen and they can all float around behind Kane. Fluid movement so they all get times in the #10 position. Eriksend is a qulaity player, but we wont be selling him any time soon unless he learns to really really run a game.

Lol wtf, we won't let Eriksen go this summer. In the odd game's I have seen, Pritchard is definately best played in the centre with licence to roam. He seems to drift out of games when pushed out wide. From all I have read on the others Alli, Onomah and Carroll are able to play deeper in midfield. Alli is apparently doing that job at MK Dons as is Carroll at Swansea. I can't speak for Onomah as I know little about the lad.

Too right, I was referring to the following summer. By then Levy will be able to afford the luxury of cashing-in on Eriksen because he'll have a clutch of ready-made replacements in Pritchard, Alli and or/Onomah.

I dont think Carroll is suited to being Eriksens Understudy. He is more in the role of Mason or Benteleb. Alli looks more like he could be his understudy with his eye for goal and dribbling ability. Pritchard I would have thought would be playing wide in the three behind. So taking being part of the squad for Chadli, Lamela and Townsends positions.

So a midfield 10 of:

Chadli-------Eriksen----Lamela
(Pritchard)---(Alli)---(Townsend)

-----Mason------Bentaleb
----(Carroll)---(Stambouli)

With Onomah spending a year out on loan?

I'm curious which of Carroll, Pritchard, Alli or Onomah we'll use as Eriksen's understudy at ACM next season.

I don't think Carroll will play as the ACM, he would instead play in one of the deeper two midfield roles (although I thnk we'll sell him to Swansea on a permanent deal for around £7 million).
I think Ali and Onomah will be loaned out next year (a Championship team expected to challenge in the top 6 for Ali and an lower level Championship or upper level League 1 loan for Onomah).

If Brentford gain and against the odds promotion to the PL this year then I think we'd probably let Pritchard stay there next year (at least for the first half of the season anyway).

I think Ali will eventually play in Mason's position (if he continues to progress)
I think if/when Pritchard returns to Spurs then it will be Lamela that he challenges for a starting place..

Onomah is the one that will probably end up playing as the ACM (again assuming continued development) - although he is very much a dribbler of the ball as opposed to one that releases it quickly - so might not be to your taste GB.

I don't think Carroll will play as the ACM, he would instead play in one of the deeper two midfield roles (although I thnk we'll sell him to Swansea on a permanent deal for around £7 million).
I think Ali and Onomah will be loaned out next year (a Championship team expected to challenge in the top 6 for Ali and an lower level Championship or upper level League 1 loan for Onomah).

If Brentford gain and against the odds promotion to the PL this year then I think we'd probably let Pritchard stay there next year (at least for the first half of the season anyway).

I think Ali will eventually play in Mason's position (if he continues to progress)
I think if/when Pritchard returns to Spurs then it will be Lamela that he challenges for a starting place..

Onomah is the one that will probably end up playing as the ACM (again assuming continued development) - although he is very much a dribbler of the ball as opposed to one that releases it quickly - so might not be to your taste GB.

I don't mind a dribbler if they are assertive with it like Bale or Gascoigne. It's the going round in circles I hate

Don't think Alli is a number 10 more of a a Toure in a deeper position powering through.

So a midfield 10 of:

Chadli-------Eriksen----Lamela
(Pritchard)---(Alli)---(Townsend)

-----Mason------Bentaleb
----(Carroll)---(Stambouli)

With Onomah spending a year out on loan?

Yes that makes sense to me. We may well replace 1 or two of them in the summer. But the young guys should be in the squad.

Moments of brilliance and he has regularly delivered this season for us this season. But he is too low profile for odd matches and some sections of games. I don't think he is a consistent enough engine for a team like Barca or Real.

Good news for us I think Eriksen will be here for a while :)

I would happily place money that mason and Bentleb will not be our strongest pair next year, we will sign a central midfield player in the summer without question.

Back