• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

Pritchard is already better than Berahino.

You really don't help yourself with stupid comments like this. How can you say that a player that has no premier league experience is better than someone who scored alot of goals and was one of the standout young players in the prem last season? also how can you compare the 2 when they naturally play in different positions?

You really don't help yourself with stupid comments like this. How can you say that a player that has no premier league experience is better than someone who scored alot of goals and was one of the standout young players in the prem last season? also how can you compare the 2 when they naturally play in different positions?

He's only ever watched Berahino for the U21s by his own admission as well, would be interesting to know how often he's seen Pritchard play - beyond YT compilations I'd wager very little

I watched as much of the WBA game as I could stomach. Pritchard was lively, although him being on a different wavelength to most of his team did see him fade.
I've no idea how Darren Fletcher has a league winners medal nor how we didn't thrash them earlier in the year.
I also think that Berahino on this showing looks closer to a £15 million player tops.

Last edited:
No, I'm referring to us giving them pritchard for half a season, to sweeten the deal we'd like to do for berahino. I'm not saying I want berahino, but that could explain the move....

Given the animosity between the two Clubs, the idea of them accepting Berahino coming to Spurs in exchange for six months of Pritchard is hard to believe. I also don't think we'd allow Pritchard to leave us in exchange. Bridge building loan is my gut instinct. Hopefully in the summer Pritchard comes back fully fit and Berahino moves for 20m.

Given the animosity between the two Clubs, the idea of them accepting Berahino coming to Spurs in exchange for six months of Pritchard is hard to believe. I also don't think we'd allow Pritchard to leave us in exchange. Bridge building loan is my gut instinct. Hopefully in the summer Pritchard comes back fully fit and Berahino moves for 20m.

That's exactly what I was implying...a sweetener for our relationship that greases the wheels for a deal in the summer, IF we still want berahino

I watched as much of the WBA game as I could stomach. Pritchard was lively, no doubt although he being on a different wavelength to most of his team did see him fade.
I've no idea how Darren Fletcher has a league winners medal nor how we didn't thrash them earlier in the year.
I also think that Berahino on this showing looks closer to a £15 million player tops.
Berahino is a shadow of the player he was last season. Pritchard looked decent though (from the bits I saw of the match) and I think half a season as a regular in the premier league - even under Pulis - will be better preparation for our first team than any Championship loan. For me, it looks like a positive move.

He's only ever watched Berahino for the U21s by his own admission as well, would be interesting to know how often he's seen Pritchard play - beyond YT compilations I'd wager very little

Will be interesting to see how Pritchard does if he's given the change to get match fit at a PL level for WBA. I think Berahino is rated higher primarily because he's done more in the PL, which is of course fair to an extent. But the primary reason he's gotten more playing time in the PL than Pritchard is that he's played for a significantly worse team with a lot less competition for places.

They're the same age, but injuries have kept Pritch back this season. I think a match fit Pritch could have a huge impact on WBA's season.

I think the reason Pritchard is on loan is simply because he hasn't been part of our first-team squad training an I suspect Poch wanted him to get match time but not with us as he has not been integrated into the system yet. A full pre-season should see him flying.
I agree with this Steff. I also think that Pritchard would be vying for Eriksen's position or one of the wide forwards positions that we have more than enough cover for. From what I have seen he is a wonderful talent but not sure how we will fit him in our team.

Will be interesting to see how Pritchard does if he's given the change to get match fit at a PL level for WBA. I think Berahino is rated higher primarily because he's done more in the PL, which is of course fair to an extent. But the primary reason he's gotten more playing time in the PL than Pritchard is that he's played for a significantly worse team with a lot less competition for places.

They're the same age, but injuries have kept Pritch back this season. I think a match fit Pritch could have a huge impact on WBA's season.
But they are different players so I am not sure why they are being compared. From what I have seen Pritchard has more similarities to eriksen. while berahino more a central striker. It's like comparing Kane and Pritchard. Berahino is a great talent , he just needs a manager who believes in him.

But they are different players so I am not sure why they are being compared. From what I have seen Pritchard has more similarities to eriksen. while berahino more a central striker. It's like comparing Kane and Pritchard. Berahino is a great talent , he just needs a manager who believes in him.

Call back to the transfer rumour discussion, but a lot of people were saying that Berahino was a good fit for us exactly because he could play in that attacking midfield trio behind Kane. Where Pritchard also thrives. At WBA it also looks likely that Pritch and Berahino will be competing for roles either wide or possibly behind a lone striker.

It's very much a comparison worth making. And whereas Berahino would probably still cost £15m+ in the summer Pritch is already our player and an academy developed player even.

Call back to the transfer rumour discussion, but a lot of people were saying that Berahino was a good fit for us exactly because he could play in that attacking midfield trio behind Kane. Where Pritchard also thrives. At WBA it also looks likely that Pritch and Berahino will be competing for roles either wide or possibly behind a lone striker.

It's very much a comparison worth making. And whereas Berahino would probably still cost £15m+ in the summer Pritch is already our player and an academy developed player even.
Yes, Berahino can play behind the striker, but his primary position is centre forward. Is there any indication that Pritchard can be an effective striker? Has he ever even played a game in that position?

I think that's the reason people are raising their eyebrows at the comparison. Pritchard may well be a better attacking midfielder than Berahino. I don't know myself, as I've seen less of Pritchard than I have Berahino - and not that much of him! But last season Berahino was one of the best strikers in the league. Assuming you've seen a lot of Pritchard; would you say he's going to have one or more seasons where he's one of the best strikers in the league?

I watched the whole match against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. The gulf in class between the two was enormous - technique, intelligence, energy. One looked like a bottom half of the table player, the other a top 6 player.

Most young players with a bit of pace look threatening for a year or so before they get found out. Pritchard in contrast looks like he's got a full locker.

Yes, Berahino can play behind the striker, but his primary position is centre forward. Is there any indication that Pritchard can be an effective striker? Has he ever even played a game in that position?

I think that's the reason people are raising their eyebrows at the comparison. Pritchard may well be a better attacking midfielder than Berahino. I don't know myself, as I've seen less of Pritchard than I have Berahino - and not that much of him! But last season Berahino was one of the best strikers in the league. Assuming you've seen a lot of Pritchard; would you say he's going to have one or more seasons where he's one of the best strikers in the league?

No I don't think Pritchard will have a season where he's one of the best strikers in the league. Though I'm not particularly sure I'm convinced Berahino was one of the best strikers in the league last season either. Top 10 maybe?

My point is that at WBA this season Pritch and Berahino will most likely end up competing for similar roles/positions a lot of the time. If we buy Berahino in the summer and bring Pritch back into the squad they will again compete for the same roles/positions a lot of the time. Why shouldn't one compare the two in those positions/roles?

I think you are wrong Brain, most people who wanted berahino wanted him to cover/rotate with Kane not as yet another wide forward.

I agree with this Steff. I also think that Pritchard would be vying for Eriksen's position or one of the wide forwards positions that we have more than enough cover for. From what I have seen he is a wonderful talent but not sure how we will fit him in our team.

IF he's good enough, we'll simply move on one of Chadli, Eriksen or Njie to make room.

I think that's how it will happen now. We'll have no qualms about selling established players if the production line produces better prospects. And we will sell, rather than bloat the squad.

I think you are wrong Brain, most people who wanted berahino wanted him to cover/rotate with Kane not as yet another wide forward.

And where would he play when Kane starts?

I was told repeatedly that Berhino was a good fit for us because he could play in other positions when Kane started. I was also told repeatedly that Berahino not being a like for like replacement for Kane was not a problem because Berahino could play with Kane in place of one of the attacking midfielders.

No I don't think Pritchard will have a season where he's one of the best strikers in the league. Though I'm not particularly sure I'm convinced Berahino was one of the best strikers in the league last season either. Top 10 maybe?

My point is that at WBA this season Pritch and Berahino will most likely end up competing for similar roles/positions a lot of the time. If we buy Berahino in the summer and bring Pritch back into the squad they will again compete for the same roles/positions a lot of the time. Why shouldn't one compare the two in those positions/roles?
They will not be competing for the same position. Pritchard is a natural fit in the wide forward position while berahino is as Dublin says a central forward, more an out an out striker, comparable to Kane, Benteke sturridge etc.

And where would he play when Kane starts?

I was told repeatedly that Berhino was a good fit for us because he could play in other positions when Kane started. I was also told repeatedly that Berahino not being a like for like replacement for Kane was not a problem because Berahino could play with Kane in place of one of the attacking midfielders.
Alongside Kane if the manager feels he needs two up front where we are having difficulties breaking down a defence, or rotating for Kane or in front of Kane. Ultimately he can also be a wide forward but that is not his best position.

Back