• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

He'd be better off calling the season a write off and just aim at recovering in time for pre season. That Swedish lad at the U21's really did a number on Pritchard. He didn't even try to play the ball IIRC.

1. Don't be dingdong
2. Calm down
3. At present we have Eriksen, Lamela, Onomah, Chadli, Son and our biggest chance of a world class player Alli all ahead of him.
So he isn't going to get playing time.
I,m fed up from people wanting our best players to move on!
Dembele.. Oh yeah.. Time for him to go...
As for Pritchard s he hasn't even had a game yet.
If he's good enough to play on loan.. He's good enough to play for us.....

He'd be better off calling the season a write off and just aim at recovering in time for pre season. That Swedish lad at the U21's really did a number on Pritchard. He didn't even try to play the ball IIRC.
Conspiracy theory anyone...just as he's about to step into our first team! Had no intension of playing the ball. Sounds a bit of a backhander...or just another coincidence?

Surely that cannot be true?

Haven't been convinced about Pritchard going on loan earlier this season. But if he's really another couple of months away from competing for game time for us he might be better off getting some games at a slightly lower level as we're really getting to the business end of the season where getting game time for us could prove difficult.

Wut?

If he's good enough to play on loan at a Championship or lower-level PL team, it doesn't automatically follow that he's good enough to play for us.
That's the principle.
For the specific case of Pritchard it may actually be that he could hold his own in our first team, but your generalisation is surely wrong?

Tottenham decide to let Alex Pritchard leave on loan

HITC Sport understands Middlesbrough, Burnley and Brighton have all agreed terms.

Tottenham Hotspur have agreed to let midfielder Alex Pritchard move on loan back to the Championship for the rest of the season, HITC Sport understands.

Maurcio Pochettino is a huge fan of the England Under-21 ace, who has missed most of this season with an ankle injury - and he has told him that he would be happy to have him back in his squad, now he is back to full fitness.

He impressed hugely during a season-long stay at Brentford, but Pochettino wanted him to join a Premier League club - if he was allowed out again, as he believed that would help him progress further.

But although there was interest from the likes of Norwich and Swansea - both the player and Spurs have decided that first-team football was more important and that is much more likely in the Championship.

Now HITC Sport understands that Middlesbrough, Burnley and Brighton have all agreed terms with Spurs - and the decision will be left to the player.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/29/gb-tottenham-agree-to-let-alex-pritchard-leave-on-loan/

It is such a shame that he hasn't been able to take his chance this season but I think that this is the right decision. He is not going to get enough chances in the second half of the season with us to regain match fitness. This way he gets some games and hopefully has better luck next year.

Amazing that the club trust a young player to make his own choice.

I would choose middlesborough, they like a good player up there.

HITC? Pah, how reliable are they?

Until it's on the OS in refuse to believe it...

035ostrich_468x538.jpg

Think it might be best for his development to go out on loan and get playing regulary again.
Shame he'll miss out on all our winners medals though

I watched as much of Brentford as I could last season and whenever I did, Pritchard was the stand out player. I was very excited to see how he would get on with us this season and thought he would have direct competition for lamela. I even made a bet with a mate that he would be a wild card for the euros (this was before he got injured, obviously won't happen now)

It's such a shame that he's got this energy but he is very lucky to be at a club with a youth setup that gives injured youth players a chance if they show the right potential (Ryan mason) and a manager who wants to develop youth players.

It makes sense to me for him to get a dozen full games in the championship as opposed to battling for a place on our bench and the odd 30 mins in a cup game. Next season my son!

Back