• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adrian Rabiot

There is a degree of this in our future, its inevitable.

The quality of player we need demands a serious financial package, thats where we are.

I dont particularly care what gets someone through the door providing they do their best and show commitment to the team/club/process.
A degree of it, I agree.
But there is a difference between paying well and "an offer he can't refuse".
The latter is "coming for the money". You don't have to perform then.
Someone that comes with the skills and desire and says, "pay me what I'm worth" is fine (Eriksen, Toby). A walking piggy bank is not.
I'm concerned Rabiot is the latter.
A good footballer with an inflated sense of value. It's not like clubs have been scrambling over themselves to sign him or that PSG are putting up that much of a fight.

You may be right, but absolutely none of it can be really known until we see for ourselves.

He could be a total mercenary, come solely for the money, then fall in love with the club once he gets here and play unbelievably well.

He could be sold on "the project", come in, decide he doesnt fancy it, and be a complete waste.

So many possible outcomes, we simply cant tell until way down the line.

The only thing I tend to think these days with transfers, is if the club makes an offer, and its accepted (whatever it is) then its fine. We dont fudge about with finances, so we as fans have to trust the clubs judgement - I think they've earned it.

BREAKING NEWS

PSG close to completing deal to sign Chelsea target Leandro Paredes from Zenit St Petersburg.

Paredes due to have medical today.

Chelsea were in talks to sign Paredes as a replacement for Cesc Fabregas, but they were not willing to pay £40m for a player who would not be an automatic first-choice starter

Rabiot replacement? If this deal goes in it might facilitate Rabiots exit...

....to Chelsea

Yeah they need more foreign players they can't fit in there squad

Was quite funny hearing the commentary watching back the game last night saying Morata is injured so didn't make the bench forgetting they must have de registered him a they have too many foreign players

BREAKING NEWS

PSG close to completing deal to sign Chelsea target Leandro Paredes from Zenit St Petersburg.

Paredes due to have medical today.

Chelsea were in talks to sign Paredes as a replacement for Cesc Fabregas, but they were not willing to pay £40m for a player who would not be an automatic first-choice starter

Rabiot replacement? If this deal goes in it might facilitate Rabiots exit...

I don't believe that for a minute.

There is a degree of this in our future, its inevitable.

The quality of player we need demands a serious financial package, thats where we are.

I dont particularly care what gets someone through the door providing they do their best and show commitment to the team/club/process.
But is does feel weird offering someone decent money when in many ways your salvaging their careers ...hadn't Sissoko, Aurier both come to a bit of dead end in their careers?

I suppose that's our place in the pecking order at the mo.

But is does feel weird offering someone decent money when in many ways your salvaging their careers ...hadn't Sissoko, Aurier both come to a bit of dead end in their careers?

I suppose that's our place in the pecking order at the mo.

Thats exactly it. Thats the reality.

We need the absolute best players from the teams just below, or the best available from the teams above.

Which means we are making compromises somewhere to make it happen. Most often I would suggest these are financial!

Funny little feeling we may pull this one off,

In our favour
Seems we have shown long term interest in him, which if hes feeling unloved at PSG may be appealing
We can instantly give him a starting place in our midfield / he can see a space is open for him to take
We seem to have a decent relationship with PSG, who im sure would rather he came to us than Barca (less of a threat)
He must be on reasonable terms with one of Aurier, Sissoko or Lloris who must be able to help this along
He may see us as a useful stepping stone

Against us
We arent barca and he probably isnt keep on coming

Funny little feeling we may pull this one off,

In our favour
Seems we have shown long term interest in him, which if hes feeling unloved at PSG may be appealing
We can instantly give him a starting place in our midfield / he can see a space is open for him to take
We seem to have a decent relationship with PSG, who im sure would rather he came to us than Barca (less of a threat)
He must be on reasonable terms with one of Aurier, Sissoko or Lloris who must be able to help this along
He may see us as a useful stepping stone

Against us
We arent barca and he probably isnt keep on coming
Stop it. It’s the hope that kills you!

This is what I got to see the first time I saw him play. (Oui, je pris les images, aussi.)

https://www.iconsportswire.com/image/SOCCER/3697440

https://www.gettyimages.fi/detail/n...rabiot-dribbles-the-ball-news-photo/579627130

Full blooded player. If he can bring this to Spurs - even just for the rest of this season - we will be very happy.

Lots of reports saying now we are looking to do 'A Moura' and buy him for £20 mil. If we can agree terms with him for, say, three years, that would do nicely.

Last edited:
£20m for him would be a great deal. Levy would love it - Rabiot is worth more than twice that with a proper contract. I'd also back Poch's man management skills to bring the best of him

£20m for him would be a great deal. Levy would love it - Rabiot is worth more than twice that with a proper contract. I'd also back Poch's man management skills to bring the best of him

Good Player. Perfect for what we need. Out of contract so gettable from our point of view.

Not going to happen though. We all have heard his quotes about want a bigger club. And no matter how you coat it Spurs is a step down from PSG, he wants to go to one of the real big boys.

Give up on thinking about this one.

Good Player. Perfect for what we need. Out of contract so gettable from our point of view.

Not going to happen though. We all have heard his quotes about want a bigger club. And no matter how you coat it Spurs is a step down from PSG, he wants to go to one of the real big boys.

Give up on thinking about this one.

So it’s City or he’ll have to retire or go to China!

Back