• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adebayor, Kaboul, Capoue...

The spine of the team, three senior players, of which two are captain and vice captain , are dropped simultaneously from the first eleven and there's people that still think nothing went on behind the scenes? :-k

Wasn't the official line that they were injured? They haven't all returned at the same time, they just came back when they weren't injured.

Maybe something did go on, but it's not as big as the internet sewing circle that thought these 3 would never play for us again. I'm not too fussed either way, as all 3 have been bad this season. We could do with Adebayor on form for us though, coz Kane can't do it all and we probably won't sign anybody this month to help him.

Wasn't the official line that they were injured? They haven't all returned at the same time, they just came back when they weren't injured.

Maybe something did go on, but it's not as big as the internet sewing circle that thought these 3 would never play for us again. I'm not too fussed either way, as all 3 have been bad this season. We could do with Adebayor on form for us though, coz Kane can't do it all and we probably won't sign anybody this month to help him.

Not sure about the official line on Capoue and Kaboul but wasn't Ade away , because of family troubles and then on his return suffered a back injury?

If all three are still Spurs players on the 3rd of February, then I'd hope all three will be motivated to do well ..Plenty to play for including a possible cup final place. Not sure how many winners medals they have between them.

So about these 3 being cast out of the club -- all b0ll0cks then. Adebayor did quite well today as it goes. I didn't see Capoue the other night, but he got himself a goal. Certainly doesn't seem as if they have stopped playing for Poch, whatever has gone on.

Well it doesn't mean it's false info - it could well be true and after a spell on the sidelines they have bucked their ideas up OR the manager has to rest players and these are the only options or any other turn of events

Well it doesn't mean it's false info - it could well be true and after a spell on the sidelines they have bucked their ideas up OR the manager has to rest players and these are the only options or any other turn of events

I think its simply that we needed to use these three over the last couple games due to the need to rest some of our first choice players. I dont doubt for a second that we're trying to flag them

The only thing about Ade, which I mentioned in the match thread, is that we all know that when he has a contract to play for, his performances are generally very good; when he's signed a contract and has nothing to play for, he's cr@p.

I'd still sell him however in the event there are no takers in this window, at least he has something to play for over the next few months so may, I repeat may, play well

Thats the simplistic view.
He cant just turn it on and off like that.

The problem with him is when things go against him he thinks he has no control over it. There are forces beyond his control at work and there's no point in trying.

I think its simply that we needed to use these three over the last couple games due to the need to rest some of our first choice players. I dont doubt for a second that we're trying to flag them

I'm sure if Poch would rather field a couple of youngsters over them if they don't give a crap. A replay against Burnley wasn't exactly a game Poch would be desperate to win...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

What about the ones that used to sing that song about him and then cheered him when he joined us?

something about his dad washing elephants

I am at the Leicester match so if anyone knows any nasty comments about Soldado I would appreciate it, not one for singing but will make an excuse for him.

something about his dad washing elephants

I am at the Leicester match so if anyone knows any nasty comments about Soldado I would appreciate it, not one for singing but will make an excuse for him.

Soldado...woah....Soldado....woah....he came from sunny Spain....he couldn't score in a French brothel that provided free cocaine...

So about these 3 being cast out of the club -- all b0ll0cks then. Adebayor did quite well today as it goes. I didn't see Capoue the other night, but he got himself a goal. Certainly doesn't seem as if they have stopped playing for Poch, whatever has gone on.

I said at the time I thought it was a load of rubbish and I think that has since been proved. The players were simply dropped for form/injury reasons and are now being used as Pochettino needs to rotate a little due to our fixture schedule.

Emmanuel Adebayor insists recent off-field issues are behind him & that he has no intention of leaving

Adebayor: "I went through a lot, obviously, but being back on the pitch & playing football again, that's what matters to me"

Adebayor: "I obviously had an issue with my family - things aren't going along right & I decided to go back home and find a solution for it"

Adebayor: "Football is a game - we enjoy it, we embrace it but sometimes when you need a break, you have to take it"

Asked if the off-field issues are now resolved, Adebayor said: "Sorted out? I don't know. But behind me? Definitely, yes."

Adebayor on his #THFC future: "Obviously a lot of people always say I play for contracts - at the end of the day, we're all footballers"

Adebayor: "This is my life, this is my work, this is what I do to feed my family. At the moment I have a contract with Tottenham..."

Adebayor: "I'm committed to the club & will always give my best to my club, which is Tottenham"

Adebayor: "I'm a not afraid to face the reality that if I have to leave, I will leave. At the moment I am at the club, so I am very happy"

- - - Updated - - -

Emmanuel Adebayor insists recent off-field issues are behind him & that he has no intention of leaving

Adebayor: "I went through a lot, obviously, but being back on the pitch & playing football again, that's what matters to me"

Adebayor: "I obviously had an issue with my family - things aren't going along right & I decided to go back home and find a solution for it"

Adebayor: "Football is a game - we enjoy it, we embrace it but sometimes when you need a break, you have to take it"

Asked if the off-field issues are now resolved, Adebayor said: "Sorted out? I don't know. But behind me? Definitely, yes."

Adebayor on his #THFC future: "Obviously a lot of people always say I play for contracts - at the end of the day, we're all footballers"

Adebayor: "This is my life, this is my work, this is what I do to feed my family. At the moment I have a contract with Tottenham..."

Adebayor: "I'm committed to the club & will always give my best to my club, which is Tottenham"

Adebayor: "I'm a not afraid to face the reality that if I have to leave, I will leave. At the moment I am at the club, so I am very happy"

Like him or loathe him I think most would have to agree that Adebayor is better than Soldado.

Ade has clearly had some serious issues with his family and he has been allowed to take some time off to try to resolve them. I think it was excellent management from Pochettino and hopefully Adebayor will pay his manager back with good performances.

Capoue being link with a move to Spain according to reports.

Not sure how I feel about this, I am not sure I mind if he leaves, but it would leave us short in the middle.

Capoue being link with a move to Spain according to reports.

Not sure how I feel about this, I am not sure I mind if he leaves, but it would leave us short in the middle.

Mason, Bentaleb, Stambouli, Dembele, Paulinho, Eriksen if needed, Winks, Onomah.

Back