• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

I fancied him playing the Hazard at Chelsea role personally - coming in off the left wing. But I don't think Traore had the discipline for Conte. Would have been a tough one. Or could have been amazing. The intrigue of how it would play out was compelling: would Conte's structure and discipline unleash a player who can be world beating in some areas, or would it implode a la Ndombele? Probably the risk of the latter, meant we didn't ever want to over-commit resources.

Wouldnt the question

"Do you fancy playing RWB"

be better off being asking at the start of all this?

It was and his reaction was luke warm and he’ll give his best and give it a go.

Then because we are broke we have been trying to raise the funds and in the meantime barca (annoyed with dembele not signing a new contract) have come calling with a far more attractive proposal to the player.

I am not worried because we are not signing him, but I am concerned that this is day 27 and we have not made a single signing for a team that needs vast improvements if we are to effectively challenge in this league

Glad about this tbh.
I just don't subscribe to the idea that he will suddenly improve, and also if he ever dips from peak fitness then he offers very little.

Would much prefer Diaz

I am not worried because we are not signing him, but I am concerned that this is day 27 and we have not made a single signing for a team that needs vast improvements if we are to effectively challenge in this league

Certainly agree with that!

Yeah it does seem strange. Reckless even.
Surely we could have at least got a couple of players out before now.

Only if he costs £0 or we can loan and pay for him in 300 years or we manage to raise funds via our deadwood.

All three of the above options are distinctly unlikely.

What's crazy is they only want £15-£17m for him.
In the past we always used to speculate to accumulate, I think this window will tell us if we really are skint.

In the past we always used to speculate to accumulate, I think this window will tell us if we really are skint.

We will bid £7.3m + £2.1m when he scores 35 goals in a single domestic season or loan with obligation to buy in the summer for £6.9m.

Or our owners like having their money and want to keep it.

Back