• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adam Johnson Case - Post Sensibly

it may well all be true, we all know how the police work though, if a minor claims to have had sex with an adult the adult is immediately thrown into jail without a single question being asked, if the girls statement said it happened at 3:30 on a Saturday afternoon and he had 35,000 people as an alibi it still wouldn't matter

it's all a bit tabloid right now

it may well all be true, we all know how the police work though, if a minor claims to have had sex with an adult the adult is immediately thrown into jail without a single question being asked, if the girls statement said it happened at 3:30 on a Saturday afternoon and he had 35,000 people as an alibi it still wouldn't matter

it's all a bit tabloid right now
Very true. Something we all have to remember is that most policemen are policemen because they're marginally too intelligent for the army but not bright enough for lots of other, far better paid, jobs.

When they charge then it's a bit different - at that point the lawyers have usually been consulted.

I understand what you are saying, yes it would be odd for someone of that age to be pursuing 15/16 year olds, but how much more developed is an 18 year olds brain than a 15/16 year old? A man or womans brain dosn't stop developing until atleast 25, so technically anyone under that age couldnt be considered a fully mature adult yet, so should we just make the legal age 25?

At this point, I must bow out of our exchange mate...I feel my point is very clear, and you either agree or you don't.

I know it's probably a stupid question (I have no details of this case so just rambling) and at the end of the day we are all responsible for our own actions but if a 15 year old gets dolled up and gets into a club and pretends to be 19 or whatever and admits that she told someone she was 19. Could he still get done for it? Because that must happen in towns and cities every weekend. Once again I know nothing about this

I know it's probably a stupid question (I have no details of this case so just rambling) and at the end of the day we are all responsible for our own actions but if a 15 year old gets dolled up and gets into a club and pretends to be 19 or whatever and admits that she told someone she was 19. Could he still get done for it? Because that must happen in towns and cities every weekend. Once again I know nothing about this
That kind of case usually ends up with a slapped wrist. I don't think the onus is on all defendants to have asked for ID or anything like that. If the defendant has genuine reason to believe the girl was older than she was there's rarely a prosecution, let alone a guilty verdict.

I understand what you are saying, yes it would be odd for someone of that age to be pursuing 15/16 year olds, but how much more developed is an 18 year olds brain than a 15/16 year old? A man or womans brain dosn't stop developing until atleast 25, so technically anyone under that age couldnt be considered a fully mature adult yet, so should we just make the legal age 25?

I think the continuing development you describe is a strong argument for what Steff is saying. It is one thing for two fumbling teenagers to have sex with each other at 14, entirely another for someone in their late twenties. For the sake of argument, let's say people become sexually aware/active at 13. A 27-year old has 14 years of sexual experience/feeling, while the 14-year old has only one. The gap in development is huge. Even a couple of years difference is substantial for 14-17 years olds.

The age of consent should probably be on a sliding scale, starting with none for same age (within a year), graduating to a couple of years for late teens and rising as people get older. The difference between 40 and 30 is negligible. Unfortunately, people develop at different speeds so it would be impossible to develop such a system in practice.

I think the continuing development you describe is a strong argument for what Steff is saying. It is one thing for two fumbling teenagers to have sex with each other at 14, entirely another for someone in their late twenties. For the sake of argument, let's say people become sexually aware/active at 13. A 27-year old has 14 years of sexual experience/feeling, while the 14-year old has only one. The gap in development is huge. Even a couple of years difference is substantial for 14-17 years olds.

The age of consent should probably be on a sliding scale, starting with none for same age (within a year), graduating to a couple of years for late teens and rising as people get older. The difference between 40 and 30 is negligible. Unfortunately, people develop at different speeds so it would be impossible to develop such a system in practice.

One of the most thoughtful, and progressive, views I have ever read on this incendiary topic. Thank you also for articulating what my increasing frustration was not allowing me to do accurately.

I agree with jts1882.

I'm 30 and it's legal for me to have sex with a 16 year old. I can't imagine being the kind of person who would take advantage (because that's what I'd be doing) of a young girl like that.

However, if a 16 year old boy slept with his 15 year old girlfriend then what harm has been done?

I agree with jts1882.

I'm 30 and it's legal for me to have sex with a 16 year old. I can't imagine being the kind of person who would take advantage (because that's what I'd be doing) of a young girl like that.

However, if a 16 year old boy slept with his 15 year old girlfriend then what harm has been done?

Absolutely. This is wholly the centre of my point too.

I honestly have no idea why any footballer would get married in his 20's, its literally a license to have sex with as many attractive women as you wish no matter what you look like.

Because they can have a fit wife and still cheat on them as many times as they like knowing the wife will be stupid enough to swallow their flimflam and stay with them regardless ala John Terry and Toni Poole. They can have their cake and eat it too. The only high profile wag to leave their spouse I can think of is Cheryl Cole, and that's only because she is famous enough in her own right.

Because they can have a fit wife and still cheat on them as many times as they like knowing the wife will be stupid enough to swallow their hogwash and stay with them regardless ala John Terry and Toni Poole. They can have their cake and eat it too. The only high profile wag to leave their spouse I can think of is Cheryl Cole, and that's only because she is famous enough in her own right.

Ask Ryan Giggs wife.....how long was he seeing his brothers wife!!!.....over ten years.....can't believe they be still sharing a matrimonial bed after what he got upto.....

Agreed. It is not usually even remotely a factor sadly. People are driven by some very strange 'needs'...
I think most of us have some very strange needs at times haha.

Not laughing at this case because if he did have sex with an under age girl he deserves prison and not a suspended sentence like female teachers get when they have sex with a 15 year old boy.

The gun thing is a important side issue that warrants further investigation if true.

His wife is a minger I have done better looking poos.

I think most of us have some very strange needs at times haha.

Not laughing at this case because if he did have sex with an under age girl he deserves prison and not a suspended sentence like female teachers get when they have sex with a 15 year old boy.

The gun thing is a important side issue that warrants further investigation if true.

His wife is a minger I have done better looking poos.

The gun was licensed and he had it legally from what I have read.

The gun was licensed and he had it legally from what I have read.
What for though? does he have a problem with foxes and moles and has gone on a course with the farmers to prove he is suitable to carry such a weapon?

Sounds odd, why anyone needs a gun except for farmers.

Back