• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

The "we don't play with wingers" argument doesn't work for me - you need variation.

It' s no good seeing Lamela attempt and fail to find space by cutting inside, only to replace him with Dembele or Townsend, who'll do exactly the same thing.

In any case, I'd rather have a good traditional winger, like Lennon, than a poor inverted winger, like the rest.

Lennon was my favourite player too but if he was a "good traditional winger" then he would be able to cross the ball (imo), he too would be most dangerous cutting inside.

'Traditional' in the sense he's a right footed player that plays on the right.

I think, over time, his crossing got to a reasonable standard.

Granted, you'd not see pacey, whipped crosses of any quality from him, but his chipped crossing was reasonable and cutbacks very good.

Remember how many times Corluka played a through ball behind the full back, with Lennon getting on the end of it?

That sort of tactic should be part of every squad's armoury.

Ah man,something feels so wrong about the way his career has come to an end for us.

He has contributed so much over a long period of time....

Reactions: DTA
Ah man,something feels so wrong about the way his career has come to an end for us.

He has contributed so much over a long period of time....

It's nothing on losing Dawson and King the previous two summers. Proper good guys, as well as top players.

It's nothing on losing Dawson and King the previous two summers. Proper good guys, as well as top players.
But the way he's been completely excluded from involvement in the first team squad is ridiculous for someone who has done much for this club. He deserves a decent send off, but doesn't seem he's going to get one...

But the way he's been completely excluded from involvement in the first team squad is ridiculous for someone who has done much for this club. He deserves a decent send off, but doesn't seem he's going to get one...

Not if the reason is because of his nightclub brawls and drinking

Loved the little man when he first arrived. Had all his mojo slowly sapped from him by our "system" coaches. Shame. But time to go. Thanks for the memories Azza. I was there in when your run set up Crouchies winner. Happy days.

Ahhh when we had Lennon and Bale on the flanks and the creativity of Modric in the middle. That's when we was good to watch, not all this high pressing, inverted wingers stuff. Fergie's teams dominated the League for years with traditional wingers.

man its sucking all the enjoyment of the game out of me

There may be good reasons why he is being forced out the door (if the rumours are true), but he has been a great player for us over the years. I know he probably never fulfilled his true potential and that there were some weaknesses in his game, but ever since he broke into the team under Jol, until now, we always looked a better side when he was in it than when he was out. When he was out there on the pitch, he worked incredibly hard for the team. He was always a threat with his pace, especially when he was utilized correctly. He is also actually an intelligent footballer, which seems to go unnoticed, but he is good at picking the right option and he plays for the team rather than for personal glory. Another thing I liked about him is that he always seemed genuinely happy whenever we scored a goal, even if wasn't involved. Many players doesn't seem that fuzzed if someone else scores, but he had his arms over his head and sprinted towards the goalscorer.

4-4 at the Emirates
The run and pass at San Siro
Breaking our Chelsea hoodoo
Last second winner at home against Liverpool
His numerous assists for Defoe and Crouch the year we qualified for the Champions League (possibly his most productive season)

Some memories I am sure even those of you who criticized him the harshest will remember for years to come.

I am sure he will get a great reception when he returns to the Lane with a new club, and deservedly so.

Remember the good old days?

And it is true, we never lose a match he scored in
Makes me sad watching that video. His Spurs career seems to be coming to a very unjust ending. Yes he has his limitations, but was a joy to watch when he was tearing down the wing skinning full backs.
Corluka / Lennon combo definitely the best.

Back