• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

Most of the problem is how the ball is being played to him. Lenon needs the ball to be played out early to him. This happens ever so rarely, given how we are set up. Also he needs space ahead of him. Wat he doesnt need is an over lapping fullback. He has never played well as a wide forward either. For Lennon, it's 442 or bust I'm afraid.

With only 1 goal and 1 assist so far, this is Lennon's worst ever season for us since joining from Leeds. His performance have been up and down over the years. His performance was gradually getting worse under Redknapp but improved under AVB last season. Now he has become shyte again. Not sure if anyone can get the best out of him consistently.

With only 1 goal and 1 assist so far, this is Lennon's worst ever season for us since joining from Leeds. His performance have been up and down over the years. His performance was gradually getting worse under Redknapp but improved under AVB last season. Now he has become shyte again. Not sure if anyone can get the best out of him consistently.

Hmmm. [Has idea]

Maybe put Lennon on the left or Eriksen on the right?

Most of the problem is how the ball is being played to him. Lenon needs the ball to be played out early to him. This happens ever so rarely, given how we are set up. Also he needs space ahead of him. Wat he doesnt need is an over lapping fullback. He has never played well as a wide forward either. For Lennon, it's 442 or bust I'm afraid.

It's bust either way, he's done. He should just look over to the opposite wing, in each of Eriksen's last two home games he's provided more goals/assists than Lennon has ALL season. 442/4231/433 it doesn't matter, he's about as productive as a back up full back. Eriksen put him in behind Sunderland's defence late on and he had Kane there waiting for the cut back and he takes it on another touch and smashes it at the defender, that's all he's good for nowadays, a few "exciting" runs off the ball followed by a blocked cross. There's no excuses left now, I was a massive fan of his but he's clearly not up to it anymore, need to cash in this summer, I'm sure most sides in the bottom half would be willing to take him.

Lennon.

One player to sum up the past decade at Spurs.

Brilliant on his day, never really below average and promises to be so so much more but never delivers (in more ways than one)

I watched the Sunderland match twice in its entirety Lennon had an abysmal game. Yes he got into good positions but not once did he deliver the right pass or if he did it was too late. Three glaring opportunites I can highlight, is early in first half Eriksen played a great through ball to out him free and he had a cut back early to Kane instead he waited and did his inevitable cross into three sliding defenders at the byline for a corner.

Next chance he had the ball centrally and Chadli made a great run through the middle and a simple pass straight ahead would have put him 1 on 1 with keeper. Instead he waited and played the ball out wide opportunity squandered. Then in the second half again Eriksen played a lovely weighted pass to put him free into the box, Kane checked his run at the penalty spot and was open for a shot instead he carried it to the byline (as usual) and by the time he did find Kane it was too late and the defenders had recovered.

He had more chances that he fluffed but these three could have easily been goals, he also had several times when he decided to shoot but he takes so long to wind up and get the ball out of his feet they are always easily blocked.

I have never seen a slower quick player if that makes any sense. He is so fast to get into positions but his decision making and execution of his final pass/shot are so slow it is always easily cleared by defenders. I understand it's inevitable that some crosses will be blocked out for corners but it should not happen every bloody time!

Lennon should aim for the defenders...
At present he aims for the strikers and hits the defence every time

I agree he has had his chances and we need better. I would rather play Walker, Sigg, Sherwood, anyone that can contribute going forwards, or Sandro at DM. Almost anyone will have more impact on a game

Sad days

last two games when i was questioning lennon's ability, i looked over to the other wing and saw how much worse it could get. i realize i have a bigger fish to fry.

last two games when i was questioning lennon's ability, i looked over to the other wing and saw how much worse it could get. i realize i have a bigger fish to fry.

So this is my biggest issue with people who go after Lennon, on the priority list of **** we need to fix in the club, Lennon is way down the list. Especially as in an ideal world Lamela would be first choice in that position and Lennon would be cover. Absolutely no need for the "sell him", "get him out of my club" views

Today's game is one people should watch for a number of reasons

- When people think Lennon can't cross, watch the absolute garbage Rose & Townsend hit into row Z today, that is "no end product"
- He had a good game today, really should have an assist, and if not for a good save from Foster, a goal as well.
- Another thing about today is, seems to me Naughton actually played a couple of decent balls at the right time to Lennon, made me think part of Lennon's problem is how well his FB works with him. Charlie worked really well with him, Walker struggled initially (and Lennon's form dipped), and in the games Naughton has played, Lennon has looked dire, except today, maybe Naughton is learning.

Three actually...

First goal - o.g. off his shot
Second goal cross to Kane
Third goal - his cross started the panic and the defender headed to Eriksen

Outstanding game from the little man yesterday.

But despite being instrumental in all three goals, I think he will only be officially credited with one assist.

Involved in all three goals today. Crashed the site as people stampeded GG to withdraw previous dissing :)

Only if we're using the word "involved" very loosely.

But congratulations Aaron, you're now up to one goal and two assists for the season, that matches Christian Eriksen's performance against Sunderland.

I really dont think Lennon's crossing is the issue, he can pick out a cross when required. The problem is everytime he gets the ball and looks up there is one, or on a good day two people in the box. And more often than not the movement from those in there is poor anyway....

Back