• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A worrying trend?

It’s normal
But fans shouldn’t forget the money spent on players before
Managers make mistakes and signings can fail
. That’s normal
But forgetting they were actually made isn’t right IMO

That is the one that gets me, most transfers are a risk and to only have to look at the players who have not turned it on for the buying club.

Maybe he should have done something else to change the fortunes of the team and keep himself in a job.
Maybe brought in another coach

Yeah maybe, point was about the midfield signings that were being discussed not whether Poch could have done with bringing in a new coach

A year late though. We needed fresh midfielders when Dembele's chronic hip problems were getting too much and Eriksen began his decline. The Wanyama void only now filled by Hojbjerg.
6 months late then
Although dembele was on his way out before we sold him

Yeah maybe, point was about the midfield signings that were being discussed not whether Poch could have done with bringing in a new coach
But to get the opportunity to do integrate the £150m outlay made under your watch you need to keep your job
And in a results business the results are key
A change of coach like lots of great managers may ah a even the fresh voice needed to give the team that lift

But to get the opportunity to do integrate the £150m outlay made under your watch you need to keep your job
And in a results business the results are key
A change of coach like lots of great managers may ah a even the fresh voice needed to give the team that lift

Yeah that's great - I'm not disagreeing and it doesn't change what i said.

So why didn’t Lampard do anything to deal with it?
Chelsea created nothing that game and their best chance came from our mistake. That was a Chelsea in superb form apparently too
Please feel free to main about results etc... but don’t reinvent games.
It’s would be like saying arsenal dominated as they created Laos’s but actually anyone who saw the game knew they carried no threat all game
I haven’t reinvented anything.... I think that up to Chelsea Kane was finding space centrally when dropping off. From Chelsea onwards teams have got wise to it. Our attacking threat has diminished from not much to almost nothing.

I haven’t reinvented anything.... I think that up to Chelsea Kane was finding space centrally when dropping off. From Chelsea onwards teams have got wise to it. Our attacking threat has diminished from not much to almost nothing.

how did we create the best chances vs Liverpool then? Or vs Arsenal? And their meant to be quality sides
Teams get what we will do but stopping it isn’t as simple as people make out
We hurt ourselves by taking the lead an inviting pressure on when you can see that when we attack were a threat for anyone. I don’t think that’s debatable but I also think that when we have taken the lead it’s meant teams have had to throw caution to the wind and their brick or bust football has got them draws
Leicester is the only anomaly as that was purely down to our error

Yeah that's great - I'm not disagreeing and it doesn't change what i said.
What quite scary with the Poch talk is when you look at current side and if you ignore Poch last window, arguably only 2 of his signings would make the current starting 11 (dier or Toby as most want another CB, and Son who wanted to leave after one season). Everyone else doesn’t cut it anymore I believe (can be a climate for Aurier but not on last seasons form, and Dele... well we know what is going on there).
And if I’m vaguely right were left with a need for a lot of players to go on top of those recently acquired.

What quite scary with the Poch talk is when you look at current side and if you ignore Poch last window, arguably only 2 of his signings would make the current starting 11 (dier or Toby as most want another CB, and Son who wanted to leave after one season). Everyone else doesn’t cut it anymore I believe (can be a climate for Aurier but not on last seasons form, and Dele... well we know what is going on there).
And if I’m vaguely right were left with a need for a lot of players to go on top of those recently acquired.

Hold on a minute, we're currently sitting 6 points off 1st place having dropped enough points to be top through sitting back and throwing away leads and you think we need to upgrade the majority of players?

I think it's quite clear there's quality here, and the manager just needs to stop being so negative once in front.

6 months late then
Although dembele was on his way out before we sold him
Demebele was a pale shadow of his former self during those final 6-9 months before he headed off to China and we really could’ve done with bedding in his successor whilst he was still there so they could be rotated whilst new recruit got up to speed.

Same for Eriksen, who was starting to lose his mojo and now Mourinho having to use Kane to fill that creative void.

Hopefully Sabitzer is signed right at the start of January and hits the ground running, like Regulion.

how did we create the best chances vs Liverpool then? Or vs Arsenal? And their meant to be quality sides
Teams get what we will do but stopping it isn’t as simple as people make out
We hurt ourselves by taking the lead an inviting pressure on when you can see that when we attack were a threat for anyone. I don’t think that’s debatable but I also think that when we have taken the lead it’s meant teams have had to throw caution to the wind and their brick or bust football has got them draws
Leicester is the only anomaly as that was purely down to our error
Against Liverpool by two long hoofs forward.... One hoof from Lloris with Kane and then Son winning flick ons and another from a hoof from one of our defenders where Liverpool’s defender somehow completely missed his simple header.... those chances were hardly ‘created’. The second Arsenal goal was because their holding player was on the sidelines coming off injured, leaving that big gap in the centre (luckily Xhaka is too thick to have noticed this and held his position as he should’ve).

Why are you ignoring Poch’s last window?

Hold on a minute, we're currently sitting 6 points off 1st place having dropped enough points to be top through sitting back and throwing away leads and you think we need to upgrade the majority of players?

I think it's quite clear there's quality here, and the manager just needs to stop being so negative once in front.

well I’m going with the consensus that people keep on saying we need a new CB and a CM at least
TBF I agree we need a new CM and I’d love a better player than Sanchez to join

but what I’m saying is the team that was inherited arguably was put as good as it is now or those players would be playing still. The ones that are other than Kane and son are ones that will be upgraded on

Against Liverpool by two long hoofs forward.... One hoof from Lloris with Kane and then Son winning flick ons and another from a hoof from one of our defenders where Liverpool’s defender somehow completely missed his simple header.... those chances were hardly ‘created’. The second Arsenal goal was because their holding player was on the sidelines coming off injured, leaving that big gap in the centre (luckily Xhaka is too thick to have noticed this and held his position as he should’ve).
So we didn’t maximise the opportunities we created
Surely if you pass the ball to someone and the opposition don’t deal with it, it’s of your creation, unless it’s a player giving away a penalty like we did vs Leicester

well I’m going with the consensus that people keep on saying we need a new CB and a CM at least
TBF I agree we need a new CM and I’d love a better player than Sanchez to join

but what I’m saying is the team that was inherited arguably was put as good as it is now or those players would be playing still. The ones that are other than Kane and son are ones that will be upgraded on

I'm a little lost as to what your point is tbh?

The team is better on paper now - we've been crying out for a Hojberg and a Regulion for a good couple of seasons now and having at least one of Ndombele or Lo Celso in also makes us better.

I think Poch would get a good tune of of this team *runs*

My point is the rebuild was huge. That takes time
Two windows in so far

Rebuild was huge, it started the summer before last though which by my count is 3 windows - Mourinho handed contracts to at least two of the players a lot thought needed upgrading as well so that reduces the churn somewhat.

Rebuild was huge, it started the summer before last though which by my count is 3 windows - Mourinho handed contracts to at least two of the players a lot thought needed upgrading as well so that reduces the churn somewhat.
Dier and Toby?
Well we need some CBS although I do get the impression people would happily bin them all off at times
I agree it started but the key is how many players were needed
As I said earlier when people compare to Klopp he has has literally brought a whole new 11 and then some in his time and their the best team in the land even when players are out. It takes time. Good results buy high that time. We need some more of those

Dier, Alderweireld, Aurier, Son, Ndombele, Lo Celso or Sissoko.... that is 6 spots in our best current team filled with Poch signings. Two were here pre Poch (Lloris and Kane).

Back