• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A worrying trend?

What really worries me ( it should not really after over 50 years of watching football) is the number of fans who throw their toys out of the pram about our performances at this time. We are far from the finished articule and it will take time to see it come through.

We are trying to build a team that is hard to beat and it WILL Not be done over night and until then we will have games like yesterdays, how many did we lose by???

What really worries me ( it should not really after over 50 years of watching football) is the number of fans who throw their toys out of the pram about our performances at this time. We are far from the finished articule and it will take time to see it come through.

We are trying to build a team that is hard to beat and it WILL Not be done over night and until then we will have games like yesterdays, how many did we lose by???

I don’t think people are really throwing toys from the pram. The last few performances deserve criticism. By any standard they’ve been unambitious, not enjoyable to watch and delivered poor results.

At some stage we have to stop being a work in progress. Kane can’t hang around forever. Maybe Son too. Hugo is getting older. If they leave, that leaves us stuck in transition for another 5 years or so. Jose has built his reputation on turning clubs into winners quickly. It’s hard to see that in us based on the last 4 league games.

I don’t think people are really throwing toys from the pram. The last few performances deserve criticism. By any standard they’ve been unambitious, not enjoyable to watch and delivered poor results.

At some stage we have to stop being a work in progress. Kane can’t hang around forever. Maybe Son too. Hugo is getting older. If they leave, that leaves us stuck in transition for another 5 years or so. Jose has built his reputation on turning clubs into winners quickly. It’s hard to see that in us based on the last 4 league games.

What about all those calling for Jose to be replaced?? i am sure you have heard read that over the last 24 hours.

What about all those calling for Jose to be replaced?? i am sure you have heard read that over the last 24 hours.

Have there been many? On here, which is the only site I really look at, I think people have been quite balanced. @billyiddo has probably been the most critical but I don’t think he’s called for a sacking. And to be fair to Billy, he warned of the current situation when results were still good.

I’d be very critical of Mourinho based on recent results but anyone who seriously thinks he should be fired or replaced needs their head read.

Have there been many? On here, which is the only site I really look at, I think people have been quite balanced. @billyiddo has probably been the most critical but I don’t think he’s called for a sacking. And to be fair to Billy, he warned of the current situation when results were still good.

I’d be very critical of Mourinho based on recent results but anyone who seriously thinks he should be fired or replaced needs their head read

I 100% agree with that, this forum has a far less hysterical members then other forums for sure but they are some here.

What about the previous league games though?
I mean it took Klopp 4 season didn’t it to win anything ?

I’d be very critical of Mourinho based on recent results but anyone who seriously thinks he should be fired or replaced needs their head read.

I don't think he will last long. but I don't like his style of football.
Spurs fans are desperate for a cup and that's what they are holding on to!
I thought he was on to some earlier this season but not now!

Last edited:
What about the previous league games though?
I mean it took Klopp 4 season didn’t it to win anything ?

Results on the whole have been good so he has credit in the bank for those. The worry is that it looks like we’ve been figured out, teams know how to stop us and we have no plan B. The signs are worrying. Allied to the facts that we aren’t trying to play and Mourinho is a polarising figure and the reactions you’re seeing now are stronger than they’d be for another manager.

On Klopp, you could clearly see he was building something and they were exciting to watch. I can’t see that yet with Jose. I see our two world class players being flogged to death doing defensive work for most of the recent games.

Rightly or wrongly, if Jose is not succeeding, he’ll be judged more harshly and more quickly than other managers.

I think he needs to show us why he's the man to take us forward, because on what we've seen so far he's not showing himself to be that man. Get us playing football on the front foot well and less focus on the negative approach then there's something to believe in, otherwise...

Results on the whole have been good so he has credit in the bank for those. The worry is that it looks like we’ve been figured out, teams know how to stop us and we have no plan B. The signs are worrying. Allied to the facts that we aren’t trying to play and Mourinho is a polarising figure and the reactions you’re seeing now are stronger than they’d be for another manager.

On Klopp, you could clearly see he was building something and they were exciting to watch. I can’t see that yet with Jose. I see our two world class players being flogged to death doing defensive work for most of the recent games.

Rightly or wrongly, if Jose is not succeeding, he’ll be judged more harshly and more quickly than other managers.
No teams have a Plan B form what I’ve seen this season
Not sure you could see what Klopp was doing when we spanked them at Wembley TBH
What I could see was they backed their manager on and off the pitch

it works both ways, manager standing by his players.

We need a better, more ambitious Plan A then because our current plan is too predictable and an eyesore.

Not sure you could judge Klopp on just that one game. After that they won 5 of 6 and went unbeaten in the league for three months. They signed VVD in the January to shore up some of the gaps that were very obvious at Wembley. They also got to the CL final that season and the EL final the year before. Klopp was clearly making progress at that stage. And they were very exciting to watch.

We need a better, more ambitious Plan A then because our current plan is too predictable and an eyesore.

Not sure you could judge Klopp on just that one game. After that they won 5 of 6 and went unbeaten in the league for three months. They signed VVD in the January to shore up some of the gaps that were very obvious at Wembley. They also got to the CL final that season and the EL final the year before. Klopp was clearly making progress at that stage. And they were very exciting to watch.
They have continually signed a LOT of players to suit klopps system
From the team that played us that day 3/4 starters left plus a few squad players
They invested heavily to get the squad how he wants it to play the way he wants

Back