• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A quick dash back from Turf Bore

I agree about it is time to do away with FA cup replays. The FA have sort of started the phase this in with getting rid of them in the FA VAse & Trophys. Although its a big step to do away with them in the FA cup. I'd keep the two legs in the league cup semi mind.
Also without replays this would leave a few clear midweeks and potentially move a week of premier league fixtures from early jan to thus allowing for a 2 week January break after the hectic festive period.

Last edited:
I think it's a bit conceited for a club of our size to ask that replays get abolished. For clubs in the lower leagues a replay against a bigger side can make or break the direction of their club for years. I personally don't like how the FA Cup as a whole has been marginalised. It is quite sad the cup runs and win in early 90's is what really made me a Spurs fan. I know this debate has been done to death on here but can't get around people saying they want us to get knocked out of FA Cup to concentrate on getting 4th or other competititons. The FA Cup is the one compeitition which is most synonymous with Tottenham Hotspur FC imo.

I think it's a bit conceited for a club of our size to ask that replays get abolished. For clubs in the lower leagues a replay against a bigger side can make or break the direction of their club for years. I personally don't like how the FA Cup as a whole has been marginalised. It is quite sad the cup runs and win in early 90's is what really made me a Spurs fan. I know this debate has been done to death on here but can't get around people saying they want us to get knocked out of FA Cup to concentrate on getting 4th or other competititons. The FA Cup is the one compeitition which is most synonymous with Tottenham Hotspur FC imo.

I was thinking it gives the smaller clubs more chance of progressing. If you are Kettering, holding Man U 0-0 at Old Trafford, you are going to fancy your chances much more in ET and pens, than you would having to start again a week later (well fans and players should, if not chairmen)

Personally I think the 4th (or in fact the 2nd) CL spot should be for the FA cup, rather than the league

I think FA Cup replays will be a thing of the past as clubs like Man United are starting to look at exploiting free periods to play big friendlies that they can market to key markets. That's going to be the future I think

I was thinking it gives the smaller clubs more chance of progressing. If you are Kettering, holding Man U 0-0 at Old Trafford, you are going to fancy your chances much more in ET and pens, than you would having to start again a week later (well fans and players should, if not chairmen)

Personally I think the 4th (or in fact the 2nd) CL spot should be for the FA cup, rather than the league

Fair point but I think most of the smaller clubs would rather take the large payday a replay would give them

I'm not so sure of that. A team of part-timers having to play against a team of highly-trained super-fit pros? We saw with Blyth against Brum this weekend how superior fitness helped. And having a CL place go to a cup winner, like Wigan for example, would bugger up the English European co-efficient and could lead to losing a CL place. Which, if it happened and knowing our luck, would come in a year we got 4th!

Back