• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A hypothetical dilemma....

If ArseAnal finished 4th would you want Chelscum to win the Champions League

• No, I can't stomach the thought of Chelshat winning the CL and Terry lifting the cup

Votes: 35 48.6%
  • Yes, who cares about Chelbrick, it's all about shafting the Gooners

Votes: 37 51.4%

• Total voters

Crab.C.Nesbitt

Gheorge Popescu
So I was out with some mates for a few beers last night and the conversation turned to football and we had a bit of a heated discussion about the following hypothetical (and to be fair highly unlikely situation, namely that if Arsenal finished 4th would you want Chelsea to win the champions league? I said no as I wouldn't want them to win it at all (imagine the West London ****fest that would occur if they did) however I was then told that I wasn't a proper Spurs fan (because I didn't choose the option that left Arsenal missing out on the CL). So I thought I'd put it to you guys in a poll and see what the general consensus was!

What the fudge? How on earth did your friends come to that conclusion? if Arsenal miss out on the CL for one season, that's all that happens. They may vry well be back the season after. If Chelsea win the CL, that will go down in history and would be frankly unbearable.

Exactly, WTF indeed! I couldn't believe it, but the two fellow yids in the group I was with were both saying the same thing? Were they drunk? Yes, but that's no excuse!

Chelsea will win inevitably win it. And it will be tainted. Same with City. There's the facts.

After everything that's happened this season, I would love it if we made 3rd and they missed out due to a Cheatski CL win. It would be amazing, if only to witness Wengers press conference after the event.

I know I will probably part of a very small minority that wants this.

So I was out with some mates for a few beers last night and the conversation turned to football and we had a bit of a heated discussion about the following hypothetical (and to be fair highly unlikely situation, namely that if Arsenal finished 4th would you want Chelsea to win the champions league? I said no as I wouldn't want them to win it at all (imagine the West London ****fest that would occur if they did) however I was then told that I wasn't a proper Spurs fan (because I didn't choose the option that left Arsenal missing out on the CL). So I thought I'd put it to you guys in a poll and see what the general consensus was!

If your mates are saying that to you. then they are not real mates. I would also not want the blue scum buying the CL either.

But it won't be tainted though. In 20. 40, 80, 100 years time, no-one will be saying ignore that Chelsea CL win, it was tainted. All it will say is that Chelsea won the CL in 2011/2012 season. Just as hardly anyone mentions that 5 of Real Madrid's European cups were won at a time when the competition wasn't great and Franco was supporting the club. Or than AC and Inter are bankrolled by wealthy individuals, in ways not too dissimilar to Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project. And no-one remembers the seasons when teams missed out on the CL.

All people remember is the trophies.

I'm resigned to that fact that both of Chelsea's and City's owners will continue to throw money at them until they win it. It's only a matter of time.

On that basis, I'd love them to stop Arsenal getting into the CL - their chairman's been pretty public about the fact that their entire financial strategy allows for them to not compete in the CL 2 seasons in every decade. That's halfway to them being ruined - a tasty prospect.

I think your wording's wrong though - I would prefer Chelsea to stop Arsenal getting into the CL, I would never, ever want Chelsea to win the CL.

Yeah I can understand that point. Maybe my line of thinking is that in MY head it would be tainted!

As much as I think Terry is the most odious, rat-faced, chavtastic, piece of brick, cretin-like fudgewit, and I hate Chelsea, I would still take misfortune on Woolwich over anything else.

Yeah I can understand that point. Maybe my line of thinking is that in MY head it would be tainted!

As much as I think Terry is the most odious, rat-faced, chavtastic, piece of brick, cretin-like fudgewit, and I hate Chelsea, I would still take misfortune on Woolwich over anything else.

Oooooh, that reminds me that Terry can't play.

Again, I'd hate for Chelsea to win the CL but I would take a lot of solace in the fact that Terry wouldn't be able to play in the final in his last season before being found out as a scummy racist and banned for a long time.

Last edited:
EXACTLY!

THIS is the perfect debate to prove once and for all the argument of 'Trophies' over finishing 4th... now I KNOW the 'Trophy' we're talking about IS the Champiholygrailionsleague itself, but the point is, Chelsea losing it (and thus in this hypothetical argument) ArseAnal qualifying by virtue of finishing 4th, is pretty much what would've happened the last time Chelsea lost the CL final, and not finished in the Top 4... and we're all still here ain't we? ArseAnal qualifying for the CL is nothing new, and would be the same old painful toss-fest through the group stages, until they finally come up against someone with the gonad*s to fudging beat them...

HOWEVER, cast your mind back to when ArseAnal played Barca in the Final... just remember that feeling, with 10 minutes to go, and they were STILL fudging winning... now I realise it's THEM, not Chelsea, and realistically, it's more likely to be OUR CL place at stake than ArseAnals... (well actually, it's more likely to be Chelsea's, but that's another debate) ...but point is, IF Chelsea win the CL, they have WON it... no one can take it away from them, and we'd have a fudging hard job convicing them (or ourselves for that matter) that we STILL have a prouder history... the longer time goes on, the harder that's getting to prove as it is!!!

BAYERN ALL THE WAY FOR ME... it's up to US to make sure we're even in a position TO BE NEEDING THE RESULT TO HAPPEN... so one thing at a time, eh?

This season could very well end in:

City winning the League
Arsenal finishing third, having been 10 points behind us
Us finishing out of the top 4, having been 13 points clear of 5th 3 months ago
Chelsea winning the CL
Liverpool winning the Carling cup
One of the latter two also winning the FA cup

Oh dear.

If we finished third I want Chelscum to win the CL.

I think us and Arse are competing for the same players. So by Arse missing out - we will have the upper hand

not being in the CL is nothing more than a minor embarrassment for chelsea, for arsenal however, despite their chairmans claims, i think its puts them under tremendous financial pressure

Highly unlikely scenario, but I would perfer to shaft the Scum

All football is tainted now, City is going to win the PL/FA/CL/everything in time, just as Cheat$ki did (or potentially will with CL), the top clubs in Europe are those that break the rules fiscally in one way or another, does it really matter anymore?

Seeing the Scum suffer and the potential fiscal impact, plus it almost ensures that RVP will leave, hell yes

In the unfortunate event that Chelsea did win it and the goons came 4th, I would hope for two things:

(a) Arsenal would have to reduce their wage bill by selling good players

(b) Abramovich gets bored of his little project and leaves Chelsea in poor financial condition

Spurs were the first English club to win a European trophy.

Spurs were the first English club to win the UEFA Cup.

Be fudged if I want any other London club lifting the Champions League before we do!

As much as I hate and would tinkle myself laughing at the thought of them missing out on the CL after finishing 4th, I don't want that scumbag **** John Terry to get his hands anywhere near that trophy. Their fans don't deserve either, Chelsea fans I mean.

Back