• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon

I've just spent the time freezing and unfreezing that video to get you grabs of what shows the earth is very close, your eyes cannot see that in the images as they do not want to, mine can as they do want to.

For me it is compelling, for you bunkum.

I see the masses of circumstantial evidence, not least the differing shadow lines and light in pictures where there should be none as solid evidence, you do not.

It does not mean you have knocked down any theory, sorry to say, the same way I have not proven anything to you.

In the Aron video the justice department states he would have been investigated for war crimes had the division existed whilst he was alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqAT4...eature=related

It was a point raised by those claiming the lack of whistle blowers means it was true that they went, if those in the highest positions were active mazi's do you not think this lessens the likelyhood of whistle blowers?

Actually, I just studied the video again and again, please pause it at 7:43 (you may have to pause and unpause quickly)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P--LtfuzX8M&feature=player_embedded#!

You can see just the edge of earth IMO;

View attachment 672

Now I'm glad you pushed for this, as I am sure you could see it from memory (as said, when I watched it first it was on a DVD quality download on my TV).

http://www.clavius.org/bibfunny8.html

Quote:

The sunlit Earth is quite bright, even when seen from a distance. The camera aperture was at f/22 (i.e., appropriate for bright light) at the beginning of the clip in question, which is partly why the cabin appeared so dark initially. The cabin interior was not as bright as sunlight, so when the camera was readjusted for interior lighting and the aperture opened up, the sun blazed very brightly through the window.

Contrary to naive expectation, windows looking out into a pitch blackness do not have to show up as pitch black in photography, or even to the naked eye.

That same site also lists some interesting facts. In the documentary it's claimed that only 20 seconds of the one hour video was shown to the public, when in fact 30 minutes of it was broadcasted live!

His point about the front and back, this is a transcript from the live telecast:

xscript-backing.gif

Stating exactly what they did. Note that this part would have been in the video the documentary makers had available!

I cannot understand why you would trust anything he says or presents. He's blatantly lying to you and everyone else.

I've just spent the time freezing and unfreezing that video to get you grabs of what shows the earth is very close, your eyes cannot see that in the images as they do not want to, mine can as they do want to.

For me it is compelling, for you bunkum.

I see the masses of circumstantial evidence, not least the differing shadow lines and light in pictures where there should be none as solid evidence, you do not.

It does not mean you have knocked down any theory, sorry to say, the same way I have not proven anything to you.

There is a sceptical viewpoint here. There is a viewpoint based on the rational evaluation of the evidence presented.

You see evidence can be objectively evaluated, even if you aren't particularly good at it.

Aron Ranen's - Did We Go?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM3Mt1Vym3g

Ranen claims he believed we went and set out to prove it, but I'm not sure that is the case, either way he just meets blank after blank when looking for proof.

Watched the first 15 minutes of that while getting ready for bed. I'm sorry, but that is just flimflam.

I agree with you, he seems to be lying already from the premise of his film. Either that or he is the most inept researcher ever to be in front of a camera. Presenting the debunked and frankly laughable examples of some rambling fool claiming to be intelligent as the only evidence and leaving it unopposed and then just walking around asking people to their face if they can prove the moon landing and filming them as they struggle to understand what this idiot is asking them. One of them even nailed him and asked "can you prove world war 2?" Needless to say Renen didn't provide any evidence, should I now doubt WW2 based on this movie?

If he actually had a point I guess he eventually made it in a minute at some point, if so the video was only 59 minutes too long. Either way I wouldn't trust this guy further than (an aging) Buzz Aldrin could punch him.

These are the people you get your information from? But you doubt NASA and scientific consensus? This I will never understand I think.

These conspiracy videos finally got to me. I can't take the inane nonsense anymore. I guess it won't actually lead to anyone watching these, but I feel a need to post some videos of sensible people talking intelligently.

The very smart and entertaining Neil DeGrasse Tyson being interviewed by Stephen Colbert:

[video=youtube;YXh9RQCvxmg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXh9RQCvxmg[/video]

The brilliant and just as entertaining Lawrence Krauss explains how the universe could come from nothing:

[video=youtube;7ImvlS8PLIo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo[/video]

Like with some of the conspiracy videos not all of this makes sense to me, although here it seems to not make sense to me because I'm not smart or educated enough, not because the presenter can't spell logical fallacy, never mind actually avoid one.

And last, but not least, the one and only Carl Sagan describes our planet - The Pale Blue Dot.

[video=youtube;wupToqz1e2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupToqz1e2g[/video]

Maybe someone will watch this one, only 3 and a half minutes.

Every sentence these people write or speak seems to have more truth and beauty in it than hours of moon denier stuff.

didn't mythbusters prove that the moon landing happened, using a super-dooper reflector telescope or something? i believe armstrong and co left a reflective panel up there as a way of proving they had in fact been there..

These conspiracy videos finally got to me. I can't take the inane nonsense anymore. I guess it won't actually lead to anyone watching these, but I feel a need to post some videos of sensible people talking intelligently.

The very smart and entertaining Neil DeGrasse Tyson being interviewed by Stephen Colbert:

[video=youtube;YXh9RQCvxmg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXh9RQCvxmg[/video]

The brilliant and just as entertaining Lawrence Krauss explains how the universe could come from nothing:

[video=youtube;7ImvlS8PLIo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo[/video]

Like with some of the conspiracy videos not all of this makes sense to me, although here it seems to not make sense to me because I'm not smart or educated enough, not because the presenter can't spell logical fallacy, never mind actually avoid one.

And last, but not least, the one and only Carl Sagan describes our planet - The Pale Blue Dot.

Every sentence these people write or speak seems to have more truth and beauty in it than hours of moon denier stuff.

Excellent. Am watching the Krauss video

didn't mythbusters prove that the moon landing happened, using a super-dooper reflector telescope or something? i believe armstrong and co left a reflective panel up there as a way of proving they had in fact been there..

The russians put two up there also, Lunokhod 1 & 2, which is used by NASA as well now due to it's superior feedback results. The fact that they put 2 up there, unmanned, completely negates this as any form of proof IMO, sorry to say.

APOLLO is now using Lunokhod 1's reflector for experiments, as they discovered, to their surprise, that it was returning much more light than other reflectors on the moon. According to a NASA press release, APOLLO researcher Tom Murphy said, "We got about 2,000 photons from Lunokhod 1 on our first try. After almost 40 years of silence, this rover still has a lot to say."

Nice use of NLP, are you a practitioner?

I will watch the shorter one, not sure about the others. You need to realise that the same frustrations you feel when folks like me and arcspace don't accede to your thinking are just the same on the other side of the fence.

That was a nice short, not sure what relevance it has here at all, but nice nonetheless.

Last edited:
Sorry BrainEclipse, I was going to let this thread slide away, as you seemed really irked in your final few posts the night before last, but I guess you will have recentered now and hopefully not feel any of this as a personal insult.

14minutes into the first video you posted, (together with your wording) it appears that you are posting this as a means of attempting to advance your misguided notion that believers in alternative theories are in fact stupid.

Are you familiar with dialectic? Thesis - Anti-thesis - Synthesis. If you are, maybe you ought to take a moment to consider where the synthesis comes from, if people don't question the assumed knowledge of the day? Virtually all pioneers were/are margin walkers IMO, not pseudo intellectuals, revelling in the cosy comfort of the adoring crowd.

Edit : 17minutes in this guy is claiming moral impunity from the ethical outcomes of the applications they create. Hmmmm not having that at all. They came to this from talking about genetic experiments and the atom bomb... Now he's claiming radiated food is good for you WTF!

Einstein declared, “If I had known that this would happen, I'd have been a shoemaker instead!”

Sure, if you have no morals at all, you can have all the impunity you like.

25minutes in - Pi now I can get behind that being very cool.

31minutes in - it was OK, bored with it now though, nothing learnt. Something of a science love in. If there is a WOW section let me know where it is and I'll give it a watch.

I don't get annoyed in the slightest by people watching this stuff and aligning their views to it, it shows some searching, albeit on a different road to mine.

Last edited:
load of gonad*s. we went to the moon and anyone who doesnt believe it is an ignorant fool...

'bout time you piped up charlatan.

Damn it, if only I'd known I was being an ignorant fool, OK we definately went then ... am I clever now? please, please, please say I'm clever!

Last edited:
Nice use of NLP, are you a practitioner?

I will watch the shorter one, not sure about the others. You need to realise that the same frustrations you feel when folks like me and arcspace don't accede to your thinking are just the same on the other side of the fence.

NLP? Neuro-linguistic programming? In that case, no, not a practitioner. Of course I'm not saying that the moon landing deniers aren't able to spell logical fallacy for example. I'm quite convinced though that they are not particularly good at avoiding them.

I'd gladly admit that some of my wording was a bit hyperbolic, I would think you wouldn't mind. You highlighted my description of Lawrence Krauss as brilliant, if you have an issue with that we have little basis for communication.

That was a nice short, not sure what relevance it has here at all, but nice nonetheless.

Like I said in my post, just felt the need to post something I feel is rational and true after watching 15 minutes of that last documentary. I just wanted to point out the difference in style for example.

Sorry BrainEclipse, I was going to let this thread slide away, as you seemed really irked in your final few posts the night before last, but I guess you will have recentered now and hopefully not feel any of this as a personal insult.

I do not and have not felt any of this as a personal insult, I very rarely do. You needn't worry now or in the future.

I do get a bit passionate at times when talking about these things, but that's only because I'm quite passionate about truth, rationality and science. If I didn't feel passionate about it I probably wouldn't have cared about discussing it. I can assure you I mean nothing personal with it either. I do get annoyed at times when faced with what I describe as inane nonsense, but not to worry I'm capable of separating an opinion from a person.

Touchy, you must be Aldrin then.

i suppose. it does get annoying when ignorant fools treat these astronauts and space pioneers with that much disrespect. people like you are disgusting and should be thrown out with the trash

Back