• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

7/7 Bombings, 9 years on

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
I remember this day like it was yesterday, horrific day and very sad RIP to the 52

Br6z3eXCcAER5fQ.jpg

My wife was working in town and I was panicking like mad as I couldn't get in contact with her. When I finally did she couldn't get home as the tube was shut down, when I told my boss I had to leave to get her on my motorbike he told me no, I promptly told him to **** off and walked out.
Was an awful day.

Was a horrific day, but that slogan its utter ****e. Being told left right and center now days to "Always remember" "never forget" etc etc, i can understand the statement and i to a degree agree with it, but just being told the same thing about all events where people died is getting a tad boring.

Me, my brother and Mum gave blood that day at Church Army Chapel in Blackheath.

We knew my other brother went through Aldgate station on his way to work, I remember literally crying in fear that he was on train, luckily for him and us all he left early for once and was on the train before the one that got bombed.

We'll never forget.

I went from Aldgate to Liverpool street on the circle line about 10 minutes before that bomb - had been on an all nighter out in town. Then passed out on the the Liverpool street train back to Hertford... woke up to multiple missed calls from my parents, who had been understandably panicked about my whereabouts. One of those weird sliding doors moments, where if I'd just been a bit later...

Terrible day, R.I.P. to all those lost.

My best friend missed his usual train that day, which turned out to be one of the trains that was hit. Was a horrible day but also a day where Londoners, and indeed the country united and provided support and solidarity. What a 'two-finger salute' to the fundamentalist bastards the next day that as one we still got on public transport, defying the fear they tried to spread and showing that we will not bow to their disgusting actions.

Agree about that picture you posted though Marky from other comments. Looks like something straight out of a Britain First/EDL page.

Agree about that picture you posted though Marky from other comments. Looks like something straight out of a Britain First/EDL page.

Was retweeted loads of twitter, I didnt trace it back to its origin to see if it was something it wasnt meant to be

Was retweeted loads of twitter, I didnt trace it back to its origin to see if it was something it wasnt meant to be

Should've clarified mate. Not saying you picked it up straight from one of those pages, but that's exactly the type of visual image they use to prey on the uninformed.

RIP to all those lost, also think Jean Charles de Menezes deserves to be mentioned as a 53rd person who perished because of these attacks (alongside other major contributing factors)

that day was the day that my wife and I decided to move to Oz with our daughter.

I was meant to have caught the overground at Elstree but my wife was called into work. I dropped my daughter at pre-school and caught the later train than normal. Turns out the bombers were on the train I should have been on, I walked to the tube station from Kings X/St Pancras just as the tube bombs went off further down the line and we were told to keep away from tube stations. I started walking towards Warren st/Tottenham Crt Rd through the back roads when .... yep the bus bomb went off over in tavistock sq.

After a couple of hours of panic me and a couple of other blokes walked towards Hampstead and on the way found a black cab heading north, he charged us 70 pounds each to get to Edgware, Stanmore and then Elstree !! When I got to Elstree my daughter's school was in lockdown from a suspect package, that was pretty much the deciding factor!

Oh and while all this happened my wife was on full alert in Barnet Emergency department as they had to take all the emergencies not related to the bombings.

Sometimes I think I was just lucky, sometimes maybe it was fate, either way it made me get the fXck away from London and the UK.

sorry for the ramble but it brings back some pretty bad memories, RIP to all those innocent people who lost their lives doing what I was doing and just trying to get to work to earn a living to support a family.

I remember the day quite well, ended up spending the day in a pub with a girl I really liked because neither of us could get home

that day was the day that my wife and I decided to move to Oz with our daughter.

I was meant to have caught the overground at Elstree but my wife was called into work. I dropped my daughter at pre-school and caught the later train than normal. Turns out the bombers were on the train I should have been on, I walked to the tube station from Kings X/St Pancras just as the tube bombs went off further down the line and we were told to keep away from tube stations. I started walking towards Warren st/Tottenham Crt Rd through the back roads when .... yep the bus bomb went off over in tavistock sq.

After a couple of hours of panic me and a couple of other blokes walked towards Hampstead and on the way found a black cab heading north, he charged us 70 pounds each to get to Edgware, Stanmore and then Elstree !! When I got to Elstree my daughter's school was in lockdown from a suspect package, that was pretty much the deciding factor!

Oh and while all this happened my wife was on full alert in Barnet Emergency department as they had to take all the emergencies not related to the bombings.

Sometimes I think I was just lucky, sometimes maybe it was fate, either way it made me get the fXck away from London and the UK.

sorry for the ramble but it brings back some pretty bad memories, RIP to all those innocent people who lost their lives doing what I was doing and just trying to get to work to earn a living to support a family.

****ing hell!!

****ing hell!!
Mate, it was the worst day of my life, I have lost friends from IRA bombings, have been in London when the IRA bombed the square mile but nothing was close to that day.

Just to follow from your earlier point, I made a conscious effort to get to work the next day in wells st just off Oxford street. Took me 3 hours to get there but as you said people stood up to everything and made the point that you can't stop the common people, no matter how hard you make it.

Very proud of everyone that next day, there was a sort of solidarity about it all at the time.

Never forget the day. Thoughts are always with the families who lost loved ones and shame on those responsible and who support what they did.

I always remember on the day this happened, watching ITV news and some bloke called Peter Power was on there, saying how his firm was carrying out an anti-terror drill for the same kind of attack, at the same time as this real stuff happened. I think at the same stations too.

Always stuck with me coz of his weird name, and a very weird coincidence. I'll have to see if it's on youtube.

Back