• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

50% sell on fee for Caulker

They really paid 11m for Caulker, and on top of that allowed us a very generous sell-on clause?
That is some first class business by Levy.

They really paid 11m for Caulker, and on top of that allowed us a very generous sell-on clause?
That is some first class business by Levy.

Presumably he assumed Kaboul's injury troubles were finally behind him, and that Kaboul + Verts with Daws + Chiriches as backup would be more than sufficient to last the season.

Well, can't blame him for being optimistic, I suppose. :p

For the avoidance of doubt it's 50% of any refit made on his transfer so.... 50% of anything over £11M

So it's he is sold for £15M to someone we would get £15-£11=£4M x 50% which is £2M

Is that a generous sell on clause? If someone paid £15m, that's only £2m to us. I'd rather we'd held out for 10% of whatever fee is paid.
I doubt we'll get a return. Relegation would likely to see him offloaded to cut the wage bill, with us not seeing a penny.

Is that a generous sell on clause? If someone paid £15m, that's only £2m to us. I'd rather we'd held out for 10% of whatever fee is paid. I doubt we'll get a return. Relegation would likely to see him offloaded to cut the wage bill, with us not seeing a penny.

:lol: mathematics fail.

That said, agree that we won't be seeing any Caulker money. Not worth 11m in the first place, highly unlikely to ever be worth more than that.

Is that a generous sell on clause? If someone paid £15m, that's only £2m to us. I'd rather we'd held out for 10% of whatever fee is paid.
I doubt we'll get a return. Relegation would likely to see him offloaded to cut the wage bill, with us not seeing a penny.

I think that kind of sell on fee is quite rare when the fee is as high as it was in this case.

No doubt Levy did really well to get as much for Caulker and get a very solid sell on clause into the deal. The only thing I would have wanted more is a Barca style first refusal at £15m or something like that. Caulker is still a young and promising footballer. Turned 22 today actually according to Wikipedia. At that age Michael Dawson was still at Nottingham and hadn't played outside the Championship, Vertonghen was still in Holland and as far as I know wasn't a star player for them yet. Kaboul had just about had the time to get discarded by us and sent to Pompey I think.

Ledley King rated him IIRC, I still think it was a bad move by us to ship him out but the lad wanted regualr first team football and we were looking at top 4 at least this year. As others have said Kaboul being injured all year makes his sale look even more of a mistake on our part

Ledley King rated him IIRC, I still think it was a bad move by us to ship him out but the lad wanted regualr first team football and we were looking at top 4 at least this year. As others have said Kaboul being injured all year makes his sale look even more of a mistake on our part

You would have to laugh if rodgers and the league champions want him

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ool-transfers-steven-caulker-cardiff-3461291?

But a large group of our fan base will never accept an english home grown player so it is best for him he moves to them rather then come back to us.

You would have to laugh if rodgers and the league champions want him

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ool-transfers-steven-caulker-cardiff-3461291?

But a large group of our fan base will never accept an english home grown player so it is best for him he moves to them rather then come back to us.

This is wrong, and in fact is the opposite imo. If anything they get much more leeway, especially if they are mediocre: the be lauded as being top quality for a lot longer before eventually it dawns on most that they are indeed average.

I'm not necessarily talking about Caulker here btw, just addressing your general point.

If there is anything to the rumours of him being sold for off the field stuff, he is never coming back while Levy and Lewis runs this club.

Back