• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

30 dead in France terror attacks in Nice + Talk Turkey here!

Nobody was talking about boots on the ground in 2013, bar the most hawkish American politicians. It was 'military strikes' so bombs and missiles.
Those words were used intentionally to ensure they could be interpreted by the governments involved any way they wanted.

If bombs weren't enough, a coalition force could have used that basis to use troops.

I just posted something in the Donald Trump thread about the risk of terrorist activity in the time leading up the the US elections.
A terrorist attack would play into the hands of Trump, with his anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant rhetoric. It would garner support for his extreme rantings, increase the suspicion and hatred towards foreigners (especially of a middle-eastern extraction) and give a massive boost to his chance of becoming president.
Yet Trump becoming president could be exactly what the likes of ISIS would want. He would create the sort of divisive environment in which they thrive, giving them more opportunities to manipulate those disaffected by the feeling of alienation and increasing the opportunities to recruit more followers likely to carry out further atrocities. It could become a (very) vicious circle.

Nutshelled. THIS is it for me.

I just posted something in the Donald Trump thread about the risk of terrorist activity in the time leading up the the US elections.
A terrorist attack would play into the hands of Trump, with his anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant rhetoric. It would garner support for his extreme rantings, increase the suspicion and hatred towards foreigners (especially of a middle-eastern extraction) and give a massive boost to his chance of becoming president.
Yet Trump becoming president could be exactly what the likes of ISIS would want. He would create the sort of divisive environment in which they thrive, giving them more opportunities to manipulate those disaffected by the feeling of alienation and increasing the opportunities to recruit more followers likely to carry out further atrocities. It could become a (very) vicious circle.
Exactly this.

And with the racial and anti govt tensions in the US it would easy to create regular civil unrest and fear.
And America's population is very easily scared and very anti big govt. (With the focus being anti Federal rather than anti State governance)

Before the barbaric western supported terrorist rebels came to Syria.

Last edited:
Yet in April this year they were backtracking on those very comments and had put boots on the ground (even if not enough to do the job).

That doesn't change the fact that at the time of the commons vote, there was absolutely zero intention to put ground troops into Syria. All they were planning to do was drop some bombs and we've seen that dropping bombs alone isn't enough, particularly when Russia can bomb on behalf of the Syrian government. And there is certainly no appetite to do another Iraq and put 150,000 troops on the ground -- that didn't even work that well in Iraq.

That doesn't change the fact that at the time of the commons vote, there was absolutely zero intention to put ground troops into Syria. All they were planning to do was drop some bombs and we've seen that dropping bombs alone isn't enough, particularly when Russia can bomb on behalf of the Syrian government. And there is certainly no appetite to do another Iraq and put 150,000 troops on the ground -- that didn't even work that well in Iraq.
I think you're confusing actual intentions with intentions that are given to the public so as not to lose votes.

I don't think any of our advisors or our government would have thought that bombs alone were a suitable answer, just an interim stage before doing the real job.

I think you're confusing actual intentions with intentions that are given to the public so as not to lose votes.

I don't think any of our advisors or our government would have thought that bombs alone were a suitable answer, just an interim stage before doing the real job.

There's no confusion on my part. It is pure fantasy to suggest that in 2013, the US and allies were poised for a massive ground invasion of Syria. They were not. If they were, then we'd have 150,000+ troops over there now (now that the US has been bombing them for 2 years and we have also joined in). Thank the non-existent GHod that this isn't the case. This would be much worse than Iraq, it'd be a proxy war with Iran and Russia. Nobody sane wants this.

There's no confusion on my part. It is pure fantasy to suggest that in 2013, the US and allies were poised for a massive ground invasion of Syria. They were not. If they were, then we'd have 150,000+ troops over there now (now that the US has been bombing them for 2 years and we have also joined in). Thank the non-existent GHod that this isn't the case. This would be much worse than Iraq, it'd be a proxy war with Iran and Russia. Nobody sane wants this.
I think that if there was a serious coalition all committed to being in Syria, it would have been very difficult for Russia to do anything at all. There's a limit to the baseless bravado they can show before even their public sees through the propaganda and stops backing them.

A war against Russia and Iran would be a horrible outcome, but it would be significantly worse for Russia and Iran.

Last edited:
Now a priest in France has his throat slit by an ISIS fighter, it feels like Europe is getting worse and worse, we are off to Florida next week for our summer holiday, Disney world and all that, hope the security is good out there.

So I used the hash brown tongs to pick up my bacon and sausage at the hotel buffet this morning.

Does that mean that any muslamic infidels in the queue behind me don't get their 72 children in the afterlife?

So I used the hash brown tongs to pick up my bacon and sausage at the hotel buffet this morning.

Does that mean that any muslamic infidels in the queue behind me don't get their 72 children in the afterlife?

No your ok as long as HP sauce was used liberally

Back