• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

T Bone

Carlo Cudicini
So I'm coming up to the end of my Orange contract (iphone 4).
Which means I won't be forking out £36 a month anymore:p

Will be saving bucket loads by doing a sim only and have 3 at the top of my list.
£10 a month gets me 1GB of data and 300 mins/unlimited texts. More than I'll ever use.

Question is are 3 any good? I don't know a single soul who's with them.
Im London/Kent area.

Anyone?

I'd heard they are good if you can get reception but it can be a bit spotty.

Worth trying a PAYG sim first to get an idea of how it'll perform for you.

Cool - didn't think of that. Pay for 1 month and if its cr@p toss it out with the Chel$ea.

I quite like giffgaff.

£10/month gets you 250 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited data. Best thing is you can cancel anytime (i.e. no contract) and if anyone steals your phone they can only spend the credit you've already paid for so no stupid big bills.

www.giffgaff.com

If you want to use my link to order a sim we should both get a fiver credit if you end up using the service: http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/7percent

It uses the o2 network btw, so if your friends and family have problems getting o2 signal in kent then it's not for you.

I asked the same questions before I got my iPhone 4S with 3. Had my phone with them since November and it's been alright, reception has been spotty in places but there have been times I've had no reception and friends on Orange/Vodaphone/O2 etc do and other times when its the opposite.

I've never experienced an issue with signal in London or Kent, live in London and I'm in Kent often.

Never had a problem with 3 in Essex or London, though it's weaker in rural areas for 2g signal. 3g signal its much, much more reliable than orange ever were for me.

I switched to 3 from Vodafone in January. Where I am and generally need to go, reception is perfectly fine, and their 3G coverage is loads better. Vodafone gave me brick customer service at upgrade and said I'd have to wait four weeks for an iPhone 4S. 3? Within two days. Wouldn't go back as things stand.

I quite like giffgaff.

£10/month gets you 250 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited data. Best thing is you can cancel anytime (i.e. no contract) and if anyone steals your phone they can only spend the credit you've already paid for so no stupid big bills.

www.giffgaff.com

If you want to use my link to order a sim we should both get a fiver credit if you end up using the service: http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/7percent

It uses the o2 network btw, so if your friends and family have problems getting o2 signal in kent then it's not for you.

Had never heard of them before that, interesting to know, ill make a note for when my contract with Orange runs out

Same same as anyother provider I've had. Heard the customer services are very poor but not had to call them.

Went to 3 purely for the 'all you can eat data' as that is predominately what I use on my phone (probably use 5% of my mins).

Don't forget to go via Quidco as you get cash back.

I quite like giffgaff.

www.giffgaff.com

Boss this sounds like a deal I'd be up for.
Is it basically a top up every month or when you run out of call time/data ? Whatever comes sooner?

Here in Australia it is normal to pay about 40 quid a month for an iphone on a pretty basic plan.

Are you guys telling me that in the UK it is only 10 quid a month providing you already own the phone? That is amazing cheap if so.

Boss this sounds like a deal I'd be up for.
Is it basically a top up every month or when you run out of call time/data ? Whatever comes sooner?

They call it 'Goodybags' you pay for your goodybag one month, say the £10 one I mentioned and you need to remember (or queue) the next months goodybag. It's quite good in that if you realise you're using more (or less) minutes you can upgrade or downgrade your goodybag the next month.

I just find it really good value for money and I'm not tied in to anything should a better deal crop up.

Back