• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2022 World Cup... gonna ruin the European Season

Read an article in Evening Standard that fans in Netherlands, Belguim and France that are going to Qatar are being sponsored by organisers to post social media message giving a positive view of the event and Qatar, they have to sign a contract that they will report anyone airing negative views.

It’s not all bad, one bloke was blown away by the spice market, one of the best he’d ever been too apparently.

We’ll learn a lot about people during this tournament I’m sure.

I've booked a holiday for the World Cup. I want to boycott it on principle but suspect I'll probably cave when it all kicks off. That said, when it came to the timing of the holiday, I could have gone in September but thought "f**k it, I'm not missing Spurs games, I'll go during the WC coz I'm not f**ked about it".

I'm sure if my Dad had been offered an all expenses holiday in Germany and treated like a VIP before the war he would have thought it was a great place.

I've booked a holiday for the World Cup. I want to boycott it on principle but suspect I'll probably cave when it all kicks off. That said, when it came to the timing of the holiday, I could have gone in September but thought "f**k it, I'm not missing Spurs games, I'll go during the WC coz I'm not f**ked about it".

Can be chilly in Scarborough in December.

But But But Conte knows best
You keep trotting this out, but don't you think you have to support the manager and let him do his own thing, for better or for worse? If it gets to the point where it's untenable, then you sack him. But up until that point, you have to trust his judgement. Or would you prefer your manager to rule by fan committee?
I'd also suggest Conte does know best, not only because of his managerial record, but because he's the only person who is in a position to know all the facts.

You keep trotting this out, but don't you think you have to support the manager and let him do his own thing, for better or for worse? If it gets to the point where it's untenable, then you sack him. But up until that point, you have to trust his judgement. Or would you prefer your manager to rule by fan committee?
I'd also suggest Conte does know best, not only because of his managerial record, but because he's the only person who is in a position to know all the facts.

I trot it out because people keep trotting out the same "If Conte decides its gospel" like a bunch of broken jive bunnies which is lazy and naive because in reality, if you believe that you are going to have him die on that shield, because then you have to be honest and critical of the losses because he makes the decisions and in your own words "knows best". In fact I am being a knob and saying it to have a rise because in fact my view probably is more defensive of him because I don't believe everything is on his shoulders as others would have you believe

But to the point in question, to suggest he gets every decision right is rubbish as it would be the same about Fergie who was the greatest of them all

People struggle on here to separate the idea that you can respect and like a manager but still question him, thats different to not rating him or slagging him, regardless how people want to twist it

Last edited:
I trot it out because people keep trotting out the same "If Conte decides its gospel" like a bunch of broken jive bunnies which is lazy and naive because in reality, if you believe that you are going to have him die on that shield, because then you have to be honest and critical of the losses because he makes the decisions and in your own words "knows best". In fact I am being a knob and saying it to have a rise because in fact my view probably is more defensive of him because I don't believe everything is on his shoulders as others would have you believe

But to the point in question, to suggest he gets every decision right is rubbish as it would be the same about Fergie who was the greatest of them all

People struggle on here to separate the idea that you can respect and like a manager but still question him, thats different to not rating him or slagging him, regardless how people want to twist it
Hmmm, if I respected and liked someone, but didn't want to slag him, I wouldn't be posting but but but Conte knows best in every thread.

2 questions, have all nations announced there squads yet? If so, how many players from our squad are going?

Hmmm, if I respected and liked someone, but didn't want to slag him, I wouldn't be posting but but but Conte knows best in every thread.

But then you would know it's not aimed at him it's aimed at the sheep like response to every decision, right or wrong.

Back