• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2022 World Cup... gonna ruin the European Season

2 questions, have all nations announced there squads yet? If so, how many players from our squad are going?
Not all have announced their squads. Confirmed going at this moment are
Kane
Dier
Lloris
Højbjerg
Pericic
Richarlison

Not announced but likely
Romero
Bentancur
Son

FIFA FORBIDS Denmark from training in human rights 'protest' strip which replaces sponsors with messages condemning World Cup hosts Qatar

FIFA has banned Denmark from training in pro-human rights shirts at the Qatar World Cup.

The team was intending to wear shirts that had the phrase 'Human Rights For All' on it in a clear swipe at Qatar's human rights record.

However, FIFA denied the team's application to wear the shirts, the Danish Football Association (DBU) said.

FIFA, which prohibits all political messages, urged teams last week to 'focus on football' and not to drag it 'into every ideological or political battle'.

The DBU had previously announced that training shirts would display 'critical messages', with two sponsors - national lottery Danske Spil and bank Arbejdernes Landsbank - agreeing to have their logos replaced.

Qatar has faced intense scrutiny over its human rights record, in particular on its women's and LGBTQ rights.

Its treatment of migrant workers in the lead-up to this year's tournament has also been in the spotlight, with thousands allegedly injured or killed while building stadiums for the World Cup.

Homosexuality is illegal in the Gulf state and captains from a number of leading European countries, including England, France and Germany, will wear armbands in rainbow colours with the message 'One Love' in an anti-discrimination campaign.

Jakob Jensen, the managing director of the DBU, told Danish agency Ritzau: 'We have sent an application to FIFA, but the answer is negative, and we regret that, but we must take it into account.

'To me, this is a shirt with a simple message about universal human rights.'

If Denmark wears the shirts anyway, they could be fined or even deducted points.

Amnesty International said: 'We do not understand that FIFA rejects this fine and important initiative from DBU.

FIFA says time and time again that they take human rights very seriously, and in 2017 the association adopted a human rights policy for the first time, in which they undertake to respect human rights.

'We therefore believe that it is disappointing that they reject this basic human rights message.'

In September Denmark's kit maker HummelSport unveiled the team's matchday shirts with toned down logos and a black third kit to signify the 'colour of mourning' to 'send a dual message' about Qatar's poor human rights record.

The move infuriated Qatar's Supreme Committee, which hit back at Hummel.

I almost guarantee that Kane will be injured. As he came off against Nottingham Forest and was clearly exhausted. Conte will likely start him against Leeds before Southgate runs him in to the ground for England. I hope that I’m wrong but it would not surprise me in the least.

Read an article in Evening Standard that fans in Netherlands, Belguim and France that are going to Qatar are being sponsored by organisers to post social media message giving a positive view of the event and Qatar, they have to sign a contract that they will report anyone airing negative views.
Not surprised its modern publicity, all big brands pay influencers, stage Instagram able events and bribe reviewers all the time.

Won't be surprised if one of us here with always-balanced views could be funded by the club to improve online brand sentiment that sponsors measure

Was checking out the squads earlier. Some things that stood out to me... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_squads

Other than Bellingham England don't have any really young players anymore (Might be a good thing most of them are 22-24 now I suppose)

I didn't know Tariq Lamptey now plays for Ghana,
Also Inaki Williams has switched to Ghana, Even though he has a full Spain cap (They changed the rule again didn't they). Whereas his younger brother is in the Spain squad having just broken through and had 2 caps

I didn't know Georges-Kevin NKoudou plays for Cameroon (and has been at Besiktas doing ok since he left us it seems), Cameroon also have Bryan Mbeumo from Brentford

Belgium's so called golden generation all now seem to be in the 30s. It's probably the last tournament for a lot of them.

Germany have included Moukoko in their squad, He is the youngest player in the tournament aged just 17 (18 next week) and meant to be a big star in the making

France have a quality bunch of defenders, Especially compared to us!

1/4 of the total players at the World Cup play their football in England!

Also, According to Wiki, Harry Kane is the youngest Captain in the World Cup aged 29!! (Although South Korea haven't announced their squad yet but I assume it's Son right?)

Not surprised its modern publicity, all big brands pay influencers, stage Instagram able events and bribe reviewers all the time.

Won't be surprised if one of us here with always-balanced views could be funded by the club to improve online brand sentiment that sponsors measure

I'm begining to think Lincoln was wrong.

Maybe I'm romantic, maybe naive but this world Cup is an opportunity for someone to be a huge hero for those that want better in the world.

I'm not saying I expect players to be that person but how glorious would it be for someone on that level to make a statement when in Qatar that shames the whole debacle and maybe speaks for gay rights.

Imagine a player coming out as whilst participating, that would be the ultimate because it would fly in the face of 'we won't tolerate homosexuality actions" which the government released about Dan's but what could Fifa or Qatar do? They would not dare take action on someone at that level and expose the prejudice to that scale...would they?

Maybe I'm romantic, maybe naive but this world Cup is an opportunity for someone to be a huge hero for those that want better in the world.

I'm not saying I expect players to be that person but how glorious would it be for someone on that level to make a statement when in Qatar that shames the whole debacle and maybe speaks for gay rights.

Imagine a player coming out as whilst participating, that would be the ultimate because it would fly in the face of 'we won't tolerate homosexuality actions" which the government released about Dan's but what could Fifa or Qatar do? They would not dare take action on someone at that level and expose the prejudice to that scale...would they?

The winning goal in the final celebrated by a full on snog between two players would be nicely provocative

The winning goal in the final celebrated by a full on snog between two players would be nicely provocative

Imagine the scenes

I will settle for a player sneaking a message under their shirt or a sneaky wearing of rainbow laces to just subtly send a message and boil some tinkle

The gay stuff is important, but I’m not sure that it trumps the murderous exploitation of migrant workers to build the actual fudging stadia. I don’t see any ethical response to that beyond a simple boycott.

England should have found a friendly ally or two in France/Germany/Holland and collectively pulled out of the tournament on ethical grounds years ago. It would have brought the whole thing crashing down.

Denmark aren't even allowed to promote human rights for all, despite FIFA themselves stating this in their statutes:

“FIFA is committed to respecting all internationally recognised human rights and shall strive to promote the protection of these rights.”

Says it all, really. I'm sure FIFA have put serious measures in place to make sure the murderous regime behind the corrupt QC won’t be embarrassed or offended.

The gay stuff is important, but I’m not sure that it trumps the murderous exploitation of migrant workers to build the actual fudging stadia. I don’t see any ethical response to that beyond a simple boycott.
How about a Halldor Orri Bjornsson fish style celebration, but with the players hanging themselves instead? Or a bumming orgy?

Anyway, back to the serious stuff, free £1 bet with paddypower every time your golden boot winner has a shot on target or scores. Minimum £10 stake.
Screenshot_20221112_113634_com.android.chrome_edit_240581451940892.jpg

Both are obhorent. People defending the anti gay stuff based on "belief" grounds like being gays a belief not a right....that's akin to saying that those in the deep south US are right to be homophobic racists because the do it welding a Bible.

Imagine anyone supporting what's essentially a step back to the 1920s of segregated sports that's played in 2022 under a banner of "No gays allowed". Laughable really

Last edited:
Back