• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2018 World Cup Draw

I’m expecting Winks to be there. Sissoko in the France squad if he keeps getting games for us?
Lamela for Argentina.
Serge I’m not sure about. Wanyama obviously out, I forgot about him.
Even if they are all exceptions, we are still sending a lot of players to the WC.

Ivory coast didnt qualify - I doubt Lamela will make the squad

Group A

Russia
Saudi Arabia
Egypt
Uruguay

Group B

Portugal
Spain
Morocco
Iran

Group C

France
Australia
Peru
Denmark

Group D

Argentina
Iceland
Croatia
Nigeria

Group E

Brazil
Switzerland
Costa Rica
Serbia

Group F

Germany
Mexico
Sweden
South Korea

Group G

Belgium
Panama
Tunisia
England

Group H

Poland
Senegal
Colombia
Japan

All the groups seems well balanced this time.

The toughest group surely is Group D with Argentina, Iceland, Croatia and Nigeria. The draw has not been kind to Iceland, the smallest nation ever to play in the World Cup. But just like Euro2016, Iceland will be tough to beat again. The weakest group must be Group H with Poland, Senegal, Colombia and Japan. Group H is the only group without any former champions and all are either over rated teams who rarely turns up at major tournaments or teams like Senegal who don't have much World Cup experience.

England 'cannot complain as they get a weak group. But England V Belgium is going to be interesting due to the many Spurs players involved. Similiarly, Russia being the host will have only themselves to blame if they don't progress from Group A with Uruguay. I am sure Suarez and Uruguay will bite their away to progress. Egypt have Salah and will be tough to beat but they don't have much World Cup experience.

Can see a few boring matches involving the Asian and African teams like Saudi Arabia V Egypt in Group A, Morocco V Iran in Group B, Australia V Peru in Group C, Panama V Tunisia in Group G and Senegal V Japan in Group H.

Nice balanced groups, probably because several strong football nations didn't qualify at all (Italy, Netherlands, USA, Chile, Ivory Coast).
Russia should qualify from 2nd spot although with us you never know. Our best achievement in modern history was when we got the toughest group, at Euro-2008. We failed miserably to pass the group stage each time when we've got a weak one. See WC-2002/2010, Euro-2012/2016.

Excited with England - Belgium clash and really want to see it, but sadly it will be held in Kaliningrad, at Thursday.

I still didn't buy any tickets because the draw wasn't held and the first stage of ticket sell was the lottery, a blind one, only for Russians (about £15 for the ticket, the place of which is in the worst section of each stadium). You couldn't even be sure to buy several near tickets for you and your friends also. Now the prices are at least 5 times higher, but the sections are better and we know the schedule.

I understand why lots of people doubt and fear how the WC will be held (especially remembering events organised by drunk English fans and Russian thugs, who have nothing common with proper football supporting, at last euros), but I suppose the safety of everything will be at the highest level. Putin will want to lift his image up with the help of another huge sport event - in the eyes of Russian citizens and of the world community itself.

My fast top 5 of cities to visit will be:
1. St. Petersburg ("Russian Venice" with unique architecture; cultural and club capital of Russia)
2. Moscow (the most modern, fully European level capital with great transport infrastructure; lots of things to do and to see; becomes better and better day after day under current major)
3. Kaliningrad (the most European look-a-like city; reminds of Baltiс cities, Czech Republic and Germany a bit)
4. Kazan (muslim capital city of Russia, although a safe one; very beautiful architecture and many places to visit)
5. Sochi (has a Black Sea beside, where you can swim (not the best of the seas tbf lol) and overall a fully modified city with huge amount of sport activities).
But still each city is unique and will be interesting to visit, maybe except of Saransk.

The weather in central part of the country usually is great in late June/July. Not very hot and usually sunny, 20-25 degrees. In Rostov-na-Donu and Sochi warmer of course.

If anybody has any questions about tournament/cities/country itself, feel free to ask.

I'm also going to make a more informative mini-guide on forum for all who'll decide to travel, at late spring.

Last edited:
Nice balanced groups, probably because several strong football nations didn't qualify at all (Italy, Netherlands, USA, Chile, Ivory Coast).
Russia should qualify from 2nd spot although with us you never know. Our best achievement in modern history was when we got the toughest group, at Euro-2008. We failed miserably to pass the group stage each time when we've got a weak one. See WC-2002/2010, Euro-2012/2016.

Excited with England - Belgium clash and really want to see it, but sadly it will be held in Kaliningrad, at Thursday.

I still didn't buy any tickets because the draw wasn't held and the first stage of ticket sell was the lottery, a blind one, only for Russians (about £15 for the ticket, the place of which is in the worst section of each stadium). You couldn't even be sure to buy several near tickets for you and your friends also. Now the prices are at least 5 times higher, but the sections are better and we know the schedule.

I understand why lots of people doubt and fear how the WC will be held (especially remembering events organised by drunk English fans and Russian thugs, who have nothing common with proper football supporting, at last euros), but I suppose the safety of everything will be at the highest level. Putin will want to lift his image up with the help of another huge sport event - in the eyes of Russian citizens and of the world community itself.

My fast top 5 of cities to visit will be:
1. St. Petersburg ("Russian Venice" with unique architecture; cultural and club capital of Russia)
2. Moscow (the most modern, fully European level capital with great transport infrastructure; lots of things to do and to see; becomes better and better day after day under current major)
3. Kaliningrad (the most European look-a-like city; reminds of Baltian countries, Czech Republic and Germany a bit)
4. Kazan (muslim capital city of Russia, although a safe one; very beautiful architecture and many places to visit)
5. Sochi (has a Black Sea beside, where you can swim (not the best of the seas tbf lol) and overall a fully modified city with best amount of sport activities).
But still each city is unique and will be interesting to visit, maybe except of Saransk.

The weather in central part of the country usually is great in late June/July. Not very hot and usually sunny, 20-25 degrees. In Rostov-na-Donu and Sochi warmer of course.

If anybody has any questions about tournament/cities/country itself, feel free to ask.

I'm also going to make a more informative mini-guide on forum for all who'll decide to travel, at late spring.

Thanks @Hidden . I was lucky enough to be able to spend 3 weeks in Russia in September and travelled around a bit. It's a lovely country, lots of interesting things to see (dependent on taste) and everyone we came across was friendly and very helpful, despite a big language barrier. Atmospheres can change of course, especially where football is involved but it is usually possible to steer clear of likely trouble spots. Hopefully it will be trouble-free, or relatively so.
We're contemplating going out there next summer, regardless of whether we get tickets or not. Although without tickets I guess a visa will be needed, which bumps up the cost.

Back