• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2015/16 Europa League - Round of 16: Borussia Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turned it on with about 50 mins gone and Fiorentina have looked pretty decent. Aggressive, direct,...big question for me is whether they're going to be prioritising the EL or the league. Based on the 30 mins which I've seen, I think them and us will be pretty even

Thought I would give you the heads up it is on later for all the would be scouts amongst us.

Not followed much of Italian football so it will be interesting to see what their all about.

Will help to sober me up and calm my nerves after this afternoon.

No need, GutterBoys set it to record ;)

They were lucky. They cant be playing the strongest lineup now against us after this. They are in a hell of a fight for 3rd.
Ps. Worst OMT ever.

Having been wrong earlier this season you've now changed your mind to another opinion with no flexibility or room to accept that Pochettino might see things differently?

It's not just about the EL games in isolation. If those players play against City, both games against Fiorentina, Palace game in between that and then against Swansea right after that only to be expected to be ready for the West Ham game we might see some players struggling.

But these players have shown in the past that they can manage 3 games in 7-8 days. So I don't see how 3 of those 5 playing in one of the Fiorentina is a problem as long as we're smart about it in the other games.

I get the fear about Kane, I really do. But look at our actual injury history under Pochettino. I think you have to admit that he gets these things right a hell of a lot more often than he gets them wrong. And we can't pick a team based on fear. Pochettino has to pick the team based on careful analysis.

@braineclipse
Are you happy now Poch played all our big guns last night?? By the time of the Swansea game, we would have played three games to their zero.

This is so frustrating and to expect us to play our strongest team every in all three completions is a ridiculous thought process considering our current position. We are not like Man U of 99!!!!

@braineclipse
Are you happy now Poch played all our big guns last night?? By the time of the Swansea game, we would have played three games to their zero.

This is so frustrating and to expect us to play our strongest team every in all three completions is a ridiculous thought process considering our current position. We are not like Man U of 99!!!!

So many levels of wrong.

@braineclipse

You seriously describe our team against Fiorentina as "our strongest team"??? This has to be one of the stranger claims I've seen on here recently...

I'm happy enough. Dembele played 45 minutes, Kane 25, Dier 15. Other starters for the Swansea game were Eriksen and Alli as well as the centre backs.

Plenty of time before the Swansea game. Sensible rotation from now until the Swansea game will see us go into that game in fine physical shape.

Wouldn't you call it a strong team considering Toby wimmer Eriksen Davies(ok we rotate the fullbacks) and Alli all started and then we bring on Kane, Dembele and Dier. The point to be addressed here is that why did the three subs come on at all or even travel to Italy?

A risk of injury is clearly not worth taking on those 3 and the especially the starters Toby, Eriksen and Wimmer(who is first choice in Verts absence.)

Swansea will be fresh sunday week and anything but a win will be due to fatigue and the blame will clearly be Poch's

Ok, I would rather a Strong first team against Palace and the rest the first XI in the second leg.

Where did that 'suffer in training so you don't suffer on the pitch' quote come from, it was Poch or someone describing his methods wasn't it?

With that in mind I don't think we should really worry about who does and doesn't get played as matches sound like the lesser of our worries

Wouldn't you call it a strong team considering Toby wimmer Eriksen Davies(ok we rotate the fullbacks) and Alli all started and then we bring on Kane, Dembele and Dier. The point to be addressed here is that why did the three subs come on at all or even travel to Italy?

A risk of injury is clearly not worth taking on those 3 and the especially the starters Toby, Eriksen and Wimmer(who is first choice in Verts absence.)

Swansea will be fresh sunday week and anything but a win will be due to fatigue and the blame will clearly be Poch's

Ok, I would rather a Strong first team against Palace and the rest the first XI in the second leg.

"Strong team" - "strongest team", there's a difference. I'm not going to spell it out.

It was a strong team because we have a strong squad. Arguably only 3 players that are clear starters when we're fully fit in Toby, Eriksen and Alli. Wimmer is currently first choice, but Wimmer and Alderweireld still need playing time together and centre backs can manage a lot of games in quick succession just fine as long as their fitness levels are good.

The subs came on because we want to win the tie. And Carroll got injured.

What you seem to want is a complete change of team from the Swansea game to our two EL games against Fiorentina. That's one way of doing it, but it's not necessarily a superior way to what Pochettino is doing.

Your claim about losing the Swansea game is just baffling to me. You can know now that if we lose it's because of fatigue? A week before the game is even played? Lottery numbers please? Pochettino has a lot more information about the fitness levels of the squad and what they can and can't handle than you and I. He's managed our squad brilliantly so far this season and is likely to continue doing so. brick happens in games between PL teams. WBA beat Everton despite Everton having 33 shots to WBA's 5. Sometimes luck plays a huge factor. But never mind that, you already know a week before the game what to blame if we lose a game...

Of course if we win the game after rotating a moderate amount for the 3 cup games and go on to win against Swansea you'll hold your hands up and say that you were wrong?

"Strong team" - "strongest team", there's a difference. I'm not going to spell it out.

It was a strong team because we have a strong squad. Arguably only 3 players that are clear starters when we're fully fit in Toby, Eriksen and Alli. Wimmer is currently first choice, but Wimmer and Alderweireld still need playing time together and centre backs can manage a lot of games in quick succession just fine as long as their fitness levels are good.

The subs came on because we want to win the tie. And Carroll got injured.

What you seem to want is a complete change of team from the Swansea game to our two EL games against Fiorentina. That's one way of doing it, but it's not necessarily a superior way to what Pochettino is doing.

Your claim about losing the Swansea game is just baffling to me. You can know now that if we lose it's because of fatigue? A week before the game is even played? Lottery numbers please? Pochettino has a lot more information about the fitness levels of the squad and what they can and can't handle than you and I. He's managed our squad brilliantly so far this season and is likely to continue doing so. brick happens in games between PL teams. WBA beat Everton despite Everton having 33 shots to WBA's 5. Sometimes luck plays a huge factor. But never mind that, you already know a week before the game what to blame if we lose a game...

Of course if we win the game after rotating a moderate amount for the 3 cup games and go on to win against Swansea you'll hold your hands up and say that you were wrong?

It's all beginning to unfold. Kane plays a full game, alli 80 odd minutes and with Dembele injured and comes off.

Now onto the second leg and Kane could be starting and end up playing 120 minutes on Thursday, no doubt Toby will start, as well as Alli, Wimmer and Dier. Dembele?

Kane should not have travelled to Italy especially if Poch intended for him to play a full game against Palace.

Of course anything can happen in the league but considering our form compared to Swansea this season and current form in particular as well as the quality of our players and history where we have am excellent prem record against Swansea, I would be furious if we didn't win. Also, considering its one of the easier games we have left in the league, probably a nailed on win, anything less and it's a disgrace.

Mark my words we drop any points to Swansea it will be as pivotal as the Norwich defeat a few seasons ago.

It's all beginning to unfold. Kane plays a full game, alli 80 odd minutes and with Dembele injured and comes off.

Now onto the second leg and Kane could be starting and end up playing 120 minutes on Thursday, no doubt Toby will start, as well as Alli, Wimmer and Dier. Dembele?

Kane should not have travelled to Italy especially if Poch intended for him to play a full game against Palace.

Of course anything can happen in the league but considering our form compared to Swansea this season and current form in particular as well as the quality of our players and history where we have am excellent prem record against Swansea, I would be furious if we didn't win. Also, considering its one of the easier games we have left in the league, probably a nailed on win, anything less and it's a disgrace.

Mark my words we drop any points to Swansea it will be as pivotal as the Norwich defeat a few seasons ago.

Panic stations, panic stations. All men report...

How is it a problem that Kane played 90 minutes a full week before the Swansea game?

I still don't even get what it is you would have wanted Pochettino to do? Not play any of the players likely to start against Swansea in any of our 3 cup games?

I'm sure you will be furious. I'm sure you'll look for someone to blame that fits the narrative you've already created...

Its our only chance left to win something so I hope we go full pelt now for the final.

Lets get through this round and see what happens, surely it can only be beneficial long term for a lot of these young guys to play deep into a European competition, 2 legs with an away one against experienced good quality opposition.

Lets get through this round and see what happens, surely it can only be beneficial long term for a lot of these young guys to play deep into a European competition, 2 legs with an away one against experienced good quality opposition.

I agree, its madness to suggest that the experience young players get from playing in Europe is not to their benefit.

I agree, its madness to suggest that the experience young players get from playing in Europe is not to their benefit.

Considering if things go to plan we could be playing against some of these teams next season in the CL as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back