• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2013/14 Squads

Re: Squad numbers released

Spurs line-up according to squad numbers...

Gomes (1)

Walker (2) - Kaboul (4) - Vertonghen (5) - Rose (3)

Lennon (7) - Parker (6) - Paulinho (8) - Bale (11)

Soldado (9) - Adebayor (10)​

...Not too bad actually

4 should be CM and 6 CB

4 should be CM and 6 CB

In the traditional "WM" formation, both 4 & 6 were half-backs (defensive midfielders).

When that's converted into a 4-4-2 formation, either number 4 or number 6 becomes the second central defender.

Squad list including Reserves & Academy players...

1 Heurelho Gomes
2 Kyle Walker
3 Danny Rose
4 Younes Kaboul
5 Jan Vertonghen
6 Scott Parker
7 Aaron Lennon
8 Paulinho
9 Roberto Soldado
10 Emmanuel Adebayor
11 Gareth Bale
14 Lewis Holtby
15 Etienne Capoue
16 Kyle Naughton
17 Andros Townsend
18 Jermain Defoe
19 Moussa Dembélé
20 Michael Dawson
21 Nacer Chadli
22 Gylfi Sigurðsson
24 Brad Friedel
25 Hugo Lloris
27 Iago Falque
28 Thomas Carroll
29 Jake Livermore
30 Sandro
32 Benoît Assou-Ekotto
34 Jonathan Obika
35 Zeki Fryers
36 Bongani Khumalo
37 Harry Kane
38 Ryan Mason
39 Adam Smith
42 Simon Dawkins
43 Ryan Fredericks
44 Cristian Ceballos
45 Massimo Luongo
53 Cameron Lancaster
54 Alex Pritchard
56 Jonathan Miles
57 Jordan Archer
59 Kevin Stewart
71 Kenneth McEvoy
77 Ruben Lameiras
84 Dominic Ball

Where did you get the numbers for the "professionals?" Thoey have not been updated on the OS (annoying that)

Why has Falque not got a number and others that had a number last term have been stripped of them?

I can't believe I care about this stuff!!!

Where did you get the numbers for the "professionals?" Thoey have not been updated on the OS (annoying that)

Why has Falque not got a number and others that had a number last term have been stripped of them?

I can't believe I care about this stuff!!!

Falque is number 27

why isn't Lloris #1?

I think that generally, Spurs try not to change player's numbers around unless there's a very good reason for doing so.

Gomes is still on our books, so he keeps the number one shirt.

Squad numbers

BTPjNEmIYAAhJ-t.jpg:large

Yes Chiriches is there twice. 6 for the Prem, 12 for Europa.

Re: Squad numbers

at risk of sounding dumb.... why would a player be registered with 2 different squad numbers. I get that one is for prem and one for Europa... but why?

Had we already submitted a list to UEFA with old players using those numbers, perhaps they can't be changed?

at risk of sounding dumb.... why would a player be registered with 2 different squad numbers. I get that one is for prem and one for Europa... but why?

im guessing it has something to do with when they are registered.

Lamela has taken Bales 11 for the Europa, but 33 for the Lge. So Bale would have been registered as no 11 for Lge, which can't be changed. But hasn't played in the EL, so the no is vacant.

Same with Vlad, taking Parkers no 6 for Europa, but 12 in Lge.

(and even if that is wrong, its a good theory and im sticking to it! 8-[:lol:)

Had we already submitted a list to UEFA with old players using those numbers, perhaps they can't be changed?

That makes sense. Huddlestone had #6, perhaps he was registered for the Europe games. Likewise Bale and #11.

Lamela has taken Bales 11 for the Europa, but 33 for the Lge. So Bale would have been registered as no 11 for Lge, which can't be changed. But hasn't played in the EL, so the no is vacant.

I'll take that as an accurate explanation... it sounds good anyway!

I think it is the other way around. Lamela will wear 11 in the league and 33 in Europe, and Chiriches 6 in the league and 12 in Europe. I think when someone has been registered with a number in a European competition, no other player can later wear the same number. We saw that last season with Holtby, who took Cudicini's old number 23 in the league, but had to wear number 14 in Europe because Cudicini had been registered with number 23.

In the league however, Van der Vaart wore number 11 last season in our first couple of games, but after he left, Bale took over his number. So in the PL, it is clearly possible to take over another player's number if he leaves the club.

That is my theory, at least.

Edit: Actually, when I think of it, Van der Vaart might have worn number 10, and Adebayor then took over his number. But it makes no difference to the point I am making.

Lamela wore 33 on Sunday as Bale hadn't been transferred yet. Not sure if he's allowed to change his number at this time.

Lamela wore 33 on Sunday as Bale hadn't been transferred yet. Not sure if he's allowed to change his number at this time.

He can. Ade did it last season IIRC (and personally refunded a few kids who had bought shirts with his first number on).

Back