• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

$1bn home in Dubai

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Wowzers

"Antilla" is said to be most expensive home to date and we think perhaps it's the most usual looking. It's a 27-story, 40,000 sq. ft. tower; and it requires over 600 servants to manage.

The owner is a petrochemical businessman and fifth richest person in the world, Mukesh Ambani

6ba58898a7d55f29ca4158a39ffa7513.600x

Wowzers

"Antilla" is said to be most expensive home to date and we think perhaps it's the most usual looking. It's a 27-story, 40,000 sq. ft. tower; and it requires over 600 servants to manage.

The owner is a petrochemical businessman and fifth richest person in the world, Mukesh Ambani

6ba58898a7d55f29ca4158a39ffa7513.600x
I think it's in Mumbai rather than Dubai. Doesn't make it any less ridiculous though. And there's me having to contemplate buying my motor outright as I can't get the mortgage I need thanks to my car lease payments!

Different world...

It's in Mumbai. I think it directly overlooks one of Asia's biggest slums as well, the Dharavi 'super-slum' that is home to an estimated 800,000+ plus people.

No one's moved into it, though. Apparently it has some sort of bad Hindu feng-shui attached to it, which was enough to persuade Mukesh Ambani and his entire household to stay away until it clears up.

It's fantastic when you think about it: a super-home, built by one of India's wealthiest industrialists as living proof of the country's new found luxury post-liberalization....sitting there abandoned because of some dupe of a 'guru' looking to make a quick buck, all the while being gazed on by the poverty-stricken residents of one of India's biggest slums as they make their way around collecting plastic rubbish and melting them down to produce cheap containers that they sell by the kilo for the equivalent of three pence.

Ostenatiousness, wealth, superstition, scams, and poverty. Modern India in a nutshell.

Looks nice, though. :)

Just goes to show that money doesn't buy taste.

You don't need that to prove it. Just go out in Kensington on a Saturday night - you can see all the new money dingdongheads cruising around in really gaudy coloured Lamborghinis and even uglier suits, trying desperately to pull women who are far too busy drinking to be interested in them.

Back