• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Would you take Modric back?

Would you take Modric back if he is kicked out of Madrid next summer?

• in a heartbeat

Votes: 57 62.6%
  • never - he's burnt his bridges

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • not really - prefer better options: Moutinho, Willan...

Votes: 15 16.5%

• Total voters
You have a followed his travails at Madrid do you not think there are better options out there? When we were struggling towards the end of last season he did not look like the player who would turn us around. Ho hum opinions are opinions

Yes, there are always better options. That loosing streak that you refer to was a collective failure of all the players and management so I would not accept that as the sole argument for him not to return. I've seen enough of him over the years to make a fair judgement on whether he would add to the team or not. What I do know is that he 'worked' for spurs, or did at one time, whereas someone like Moutinho is more of an unknown quantity.

In saying that I have been watching him closely at Madrid and he has been pants. He has looked a class below the rest of the Madrid players. In his defence they are the highest benchmark to judge against.
Maybe WE are his true level.

I believe that AVB is moving towards a 4-3-3 and a trio of Dembele/Sandro/Modric has similar characteristics to a trio of Dembele/Sandro/Moutinho. Anyway I reckon AVB rates Moutinho much higher and that is the more likely outcome.

Last edited:
It's like asking if you'd take your ex back who left you for the wealthy, popular guy at school. Tell her to fudge right off!

He's more direct by being a ball carrier that runs at players, and then past them.

Different roles. I see Modric as a deep lying player maker which is a role i can't see Dembele excelling as, whilst Dembele is more in the box-to-box mould.

I'm not sure what other kinds of roles you could be thinking about.

Really? The genuine box-to-box players ala Lampard, Gerrard or Viera are all more than 10 goals a season players. We would be lucky to get a handful from Moussa...

I see it as they play different roles because that is where their strengths lie. How many through balls have you seen Dembele play? And how many times do you see Modric bully his way past someone?

To name two differences straight off the bat.

Dembele is a direct player, whilst Modric is an indirect player.

I'm a big fan of Dembele, but he's not a player who can thread the ball throw the eye of a needle like Modric could at Spurs. Dembele is more of a Vieira type player. The only similarity I see is they both control the midfield and the game when they're playing well.

But I still wouldn't take Modric back.

Never. I wanted him gone the summer before he left after his sulking that pre season because he wanted to go to Chelsea and Harry said his head wasn't right. Stuff him. I wish him ill will.

What a miserable lot some Spurs fans are. You take on so because a player wants the chance to improve himself elsewhere and earn bucket-loads more, like it's something YOU would never in your line of business if the chance came along. Ha-bloody-ha.

Most if not all players are fundamentally the same, isn't it time you stopped kidding yourselves otherwise?

Some of you sound like little children left behind in the playground all on your own when everyone else has gone to the party. Boo hoo!

Modric provided us with great entertainment whilst he was with us, and was by common consent our best player in a side that provided a level of classy football the like of which we hadn't seen in decades.

Of course he was got at by his agent, of course he convinced himself he was being treated harshly by Levy, of course he misbehaved badly in refusing to go to America, etc etc. We've all blotted our copybooks at some time or another in our lives, get over it and be damn grateful for what he helped us achieved.

End of sermon. :lol:

Yes, you would go forward and move forwards if you could. The fundamental thing here is if you act like a dingdong getting the new job, then the people that you leave behind will not have a very high opinion of you. Which is pretty much the same as what happened with Modric, Berbatov and Campbell to name a few.

If you move to a better job and are all 'hugs and kisses' about it, than the people you leave behind will have a high opinion of you. A la VDV.

So yes, it does make sense that people act miserably when your name is bought up, it's exactly the same as in real life.

Yes, you would go forward and move forwards if you could. The fundamental thing here is if you act like a dingdong getting the new job, then the people that you leave behind will not have a very high opinion of you. Which is pretty much the same as what happened with Modric, Berbatov and Campbell to name a few.

If you move to a better job and are all 'hugs and kisses' about it, than the people you leave behind will have a high opinion of you. A la VDV.

So yes, it does make sense that people act miserably when your name is bought up, it's exactly the same as in real life.

Campbell tops the lot at least the other 2 made our club a lot of money. Saw him sitting next to the french tw@t in the NLD. Brought all the old loathing straight back.

Modric is overrated and we are doing better without him and that is a fact!
I disagree. I think we looked better as a team with Modric in, our play seemed to be much more fluid and calm. That being said, we are most definitely on the up and are starting to look better game by game. I do think we need a Modric-type player so that we can keep possession of the ball late in the game when we are trying to hold onto a lead and so forth.

Modric is proven class, we know this because we have seen him play up close. I would take him back in a heartbeat

Seems like Emirates Marketing Project might beat us to it....Modric spotted here in Manchester bar, seemingly in talks with Mancini!

BAGll5XCYAA9cIe.jpg

Luka will always be welcome at Spurs as far as I'm concerned.

Fantastic player who always gave 100% for the club.

Luka will always be welcome at Spurs as far as I'm concerned.

Fantastic player who always gave 100% for the club.

Mmmm did he. Seemed to me like he was trying to get out every summer and his head wasn't right at the start of every season, up until the point he got his transfer.

The way he left precludes any attempts by Levy to get him back, but it is a genuine shame. He was one of the best players (if not THE best player) I've ever seen play for Spurs. Considering I've only been watching Spurs for a decade and a bit, it may not seem like much. But I've seen Van Der Vaart and Berbatov play, I'm watching Dembele, Bale and Lennon play ,and I hope to see Holtby play. And in my mind, they're all below Modric in terms of the technical ability that man possessed. Ghosting past desperate midfielders, pinging glorious cross-field passes with unerring precision, playing little slide-rule passes that bisected the best opposition (VdV's goal versus Inter springs to mind)...sure, he couldn't shoot. And sure, he wasn't brutally fast or immensely strong. And yes, he was a **** when trying to engineer his move away.

But when he was on form, he was devilishly good.

He left, we move on. But that doesn't mean he wasn't one of the very best players we had, when he was around.

Back