• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Would you take Modric back?

Would you take Modric back if he is kicked out of Madrid next summer?

• in a heartbeat

Votes: 57 62.6%
  • never - he's burnt his bridges

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • not really - prefer better options: Moutinho, Willan...

Votes: 15 16.5%

• Total voters
Of course I'd take him back. He was brilliant for us. Not at the expense of Bale, though.

But he'll more likely end up at Manure, now that we've tinkled off Sir Rudolph.

I don't think he really burnt his bridges. Not like Berbatov who refused to play, he wanted to leave a year earlier but stayed and played another year of top quality football.

I personally think he'd turn us down for United (dont see why Chelsea or City would want him with the quality they have in the middle) but if he wanted to come back here I'd take him back.

How can anyone say we don't need him? Name me a player in our team with a first touch like Modric, who can pass the ball like Modric, who can work his way out of tight situations like Modric, who can transition defence to attack as well as Modric. He is a world class player and would massively benefit our side. Imagine a midfield trio of Modric, Dembele and Sandro!

Never going to happen though.

Dembele given time will do all the things modric can. Granted his passing is not as good but he carries the ball to the attack. The midfield trio of Modric, dembele and Sandro sounds great on paper but there is not enough goals there.

I don't think he really burnt his bridges. Not like Berbatov who refused to play, he wanted to leave a year earlier but stayed and played another year of top quality football.

I personally think he'd turn us down for United (dont see why Chelsea or City would want him with the quality they have in the middle) but if he wanted to come back here I'd take him back.

The man refused 2 seasons in a row to play for us. the first time he only came back because Levy stood firm. This season he was not coming back. The cult of Modric seems to grow. I would take back Berbatov in a heartbeat because in imo, he is world class and would be awesome in this team. Imagine his first touc, vision and prolific scoring.

The man refused 2 seasons in a row to play for us. the first time he only came back because Levy stood firm. This season he was not coming back. The cult of Modric seems to grow. I would take back Berbatov in a heartbeat because in imo, he is world class and would be awesome in this team. Imagine his first touc, vision and prolific scoring.

He never refused to play. I know that, because he never sat out a game refusing to play like Berbatov did. Complete overraction to say he refused to play.

Yes, like I would have taken back Berbs .. outside of brick like Judas, the club must manage things from a business not personal perspective.

- If (if) Modric was going to come back to the PL
- He's a great addition to any midfield in the PL
- Much better we get him, than someone else in PL

Unlikely because of the wages, and he would have to fight for his place, but he would improve us, no doubt.

Sounds convenient that you'd had Berbs back but not Modric.

I'd take them both back. We're trying to win matches and they'd go a long way to helping us do that.

No, I would prefer to stick with Dembele and Sandro, Modric is not ceative enough to improve on that pairing, and defensively if you partnered him with Sandro then we would be weaker.

would love to be able to collect players of this calibre like Chelsea do, but we've proven that we can do well without him now and have better use of our limited funds.

It doesn't really matter what I think, if AvB thinks that he would improve the side and is our best chance of moving the team forward then I'm behind it.

Dembele given time will do all the things modric can. Granted his passing is not as good but he carries the ball to the attack. The midfield trio of Modric, dembele and Sandro sounds great on paper but there is not enough goals there.

Dembele will never do all the things Modric could. He's just not that type of player.

What has happened is that we have changed our style of play to his strengths and we no longer need a Modric player as much as we previously did.

Back