• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What Would You Do? - Summer Ins and Out

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
What Would You Do? - Summer Ins and Outs

Ok. You are Baldini. What are your 1) ins, 2) outs and 3) final 22?

There are two rules - i) no net spend (using Transfermarkt's independent valuations, excluding Kaboul, Friedel and Gomes who are out of contract and therefore have no value), ii) only 17 foreign players above 21yo in your final 22.

Ins

Daley Blind £5.3m
Evgen Konoplyanka £15m
Jordy Claise £6.2m
Bruno Martins Indi £5.3m
Total = £31.8m

Outs

Dembele £17.5m
Siggy £7m
Lennon £13m
Livermore £2.2m
Rose £5.3m
BAE £4.4m
Kaboul + Gomes free
Total = £49.4m

Squad

--------------------Lloris
-------------------(Friedel)

--Walker------BMI---Vertonghen---Blind
(Naughton)--(Dawson)-(Chiriches)--(Fryers)

--------Claise------Sandro-----Eriksen
------(Paulinho)---(Capoue)----(Holtby)

------Lamela--------Soldado------Konoplyanka
-----(Townsend)---(Adebayor)-----(Chadli)

17 foreign, 5 English.
The spare £17.6m put aside for Jan/next summer

Last edited:
GB wait...you questioned me just a few weeks ago about having 4 new players in the starting X1 and claimed there was no way we should be doing that. You now have 4 new players in your starting X1?

GB wait...you questioned me just a few weeks ago about having 4 new players in the starting X1 and claimed there was no way we should be doing that. You now have 4 new players in your starting X1?

Good point - I hadn't realised I'd done that.

I was kind of only wanting 3 players total in the summer, but Kaboul's continued crapness post-injury has caused me to add in a CB too.

Other than having to use Blind from the off, I guess Dawson, Paulinho and Chadli are all good enough that we can gently ease in the other 3 over the first 6 months, rather than throwing them in at the deep end.

I deliberately kept Ade, Naughton and gave Friedel a 1 year extension because I was trying to minimise the changes (whilst still rebalancing).

Isn't Martins Indi a left sided CB usually? Also, couldn't we get away with a more offensive three in the middle, say Clasie/Eriksen/Paulinho or Clasie/Erisken/Bentaleb??

Isn't Martins Indi a left sided CB usually? Also, couldn't we get away with a more offensive three in the middle, say Clasie/Eriksen/Paulinho or Clasie/Erisken/Bentaleb??

Yes. It's something I always forget about because personally as a CB I don't have a left or right preference, but I realise it is important to some players.

I would say no though to your second point. The system absolutely needs a proper DM, especially because the fullbacks provide the width, so the CMs often need to drop back into defence.

If anything, in big games, we'd have to play both Sandro and Capoue, in place of one of Eriksen or Claise.

We can field a team of 11 with CMs next season

-------------------Holtby-----------------
Livermore-Capoue--Sandro---Benteleb
--Sig------Paulinho--Dembele---Eriksen
-------------Chadli----Carrol---------

Clearly, we need to get rid of midfielders. My votes for exits from the team above are Capoue, Sandro, Livermore, Sig and Dembele. I love Sandro but I do not think that he does not offer much offensively especially in a two-man midfield.

In
GK: Darlow (0.9) - Don't really know him but saw we were linked with him and i'd prefer a cheap british keeper as an understudy to Lloris.
LB: Willems (3.5) Or Boilesen (1.3) Shaw, Rodriugez and Coentrao is out of our league I suppose. Don't really rate Blind as I Believe Boilesen would be the better LB at Ajax if only he could avoid so many injuries.
RB: Aurier (5.7) Or Michah Richards (10.5) Aurier is a great young right back that can cover LB as well and has lately also been used as a right winger for Toulouse.
LW: Griezmann (22) Or Konoplyanka (15)
ST: Benteke (16)
ST: Berahino (2.6) Or Remy(10.5) Both strikers with great pace that can play on the wings if needed
Total 50.7 / 54.2

Out
Gomes (Free)
Friedel (Free)
BAE (4.4)
Naughton (3.5)
Livermore (2.2)
Chadli (7) Has played reasonably well in CM but he was bought as an inside winger and I haven't seen him shine in that role. We have better CM's than him.
Gylfi (7) Great strike on the ball and decent technique but clearly lacks the speed to play on the wings and I think we have better players for a central role.
Pulinho (14) Not a bad player but I don't think he's suited to the premier league and drifts too much out of games. I think he would be great in Serie A
Soldado (22) In his age and at his price there are no room for adapting seasons and has so far clearly been a misfit. Should be sold while he still holds some value.
Kane (On loan)
Fryers (On Loan)
Total 60,1

Assuming we can keep hold of Lloris and Vertonghen, this would be my prefered squad for next season.

Lloris
(Darlow)

Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Willems
(Aurier) (Dawson) (Chiriches) (Rose)

Dembele Sandro
(Bentaleb) (Capoue)
(Carrol)

Lamela Eriksen Griezmann
(Lennon) (Holtby) (Townsend)

Benteke
(Adebayor)
(Berahino)

Last edited:
I think we need a bit of work down our left side.

Out - Siggy, Rose, Gomes, Friedel (coach?), Livermore (loan), Kane (loan)
In - Begovic, Bony, LW, LB

Good point - I hadn't realised I'd done that.

I was kind of only wanting 3 players total in the summer, but Kaboul's continued crapness post-injury has caused me to add in a CB too.

Other than having to use Blind from the off, I guess Dawson, Paulinho and Chadli are all good enough that we can gently ease in the other 3 over the first 6 months, rather than throwing them in at the deep end.

I deliberately kept Ade, Naughton and gave Friedel a 1 year extension because I was trying to minimise the changes (whilst still rebalancing).

I think this is key.

Unless we luckbox our way into a lot of new players from abroad that settle in super quickly we need a couple of key players to fit into the system we want to play that can perform immediately.

Carrick, Lukaku, Bony, Michu, Benteke, a couple of the Southampton lads perhaps, and so on and so on. I really think that should be part of our focus this summer.

If not we're essentially gambling on players like Clasie, Blind and Konoplyanka fitting in super quickly. Or if we want to ease them in and use the players that we've been using this season we're left with the same shortcomings in our line-up at the start of the season.

And if we keep Ade we're still left wondering if he will actually be good or not. If he has a poor start to the season (not exactly far fetched) we're left without a target man.

Out

Kaboul
BAE
Lennon
Paulinho
Capoue
Livermore
Sigurddson OR Chadli (leaning towards Siggy going)
Soldado

In

Ben Davies
Micah Richards
Ivan Rakitic
Romelu Lukaku
young left sided forward (not big money...a talented bit part player)

---------------------Lloris----------------------

Walker-------Richards----Vertongen-------Davies

----------------Sandro---Dembele--------------

----------------------Rakitic-------------------

----Lamela-----------------------------Eriksen--

----------------------Lukaku-------------------

2nd team

------------------------Friedel---------------------

naughton---------Dawson------Chiriches---------Rose

--------------------Benteleb--Holtby----------------

--------------------------Chadli---------------------

---Townsend---------------------------------New-----

--------------------------Adebayor-------------------

Last edited:
Re: What Would You Do? - Summer Ins and Outs

Ok. You are Baldini. What are your 1) ins, 2) outs and 3) final 22?

There are two rules - i) no net spend (using Transfermarkt's independent valuations, excluding Kaboul, Friedel and Gomes who are out of contract and therefore have no value), ii) only 17 foreign players above 21yo in your final 22.

Ins

Daley Blind £5.3m
Evgen Konoplyanka £15m
Jordy Claise £6.2m
Bruno Martins Indi £5.3m

Total = £31.8m

Outs

Dembele £17.5m
Siggy £7m
Lennon £13m
Livermore £2.2m
Rose £5.3m
BAE £4.4m
Kaboul + Gomes free
Total = £49.4m

Squad

--------------------Lloris
-------------------(Friedel)

--Walker------BMI---Vertonghen---Blind
(Naughton)--(Dawson)-(Chiriches)--(Fryers)

--------Claise------Sandro-----Eriksen
------(Paulinho)---(Capoue)----(Holtby)

------Lamela--------Soldado------Konoplyanka
-----(Townsend)---(Adebayor)-----(Chadli)

17 foreign, 5 English.
The spare £17.6m put aside for Jan/next summer

Are them players and prices straight off of football manager?

Aim has to be for minimum 1st team changes

Out - Brad, Gomes, Livermore, Siggy, Dembele, BAE, Rose
In (starting 11) - new LB, Creative midfielder
In (squad) - GK, LW

To me we spend significantly on LB and CM and line up something like below (with new manager)

Lloris
(new GK)

Walker - Vert - Kaboul - new LB
(Naughton) - (Vlad) - (Dawson) - (Fryers)

Lamela - Sandro - new CM - Eriksen
(Lennon) - (Capoue) - (Holtby/Paulinho) - (new LW/Chadli)

Ade - Soldado
(Kane/Youth/Academy Striker)

Option to play another midfielder and revert to 4-5-1

Please don't jest with regards to FM as you haven't seen my record!! (I might send my CV to the club!!)

Out

BAE
Lennon
ADE

In

Left Back
Striker

Dunno who ill leave that to the professionals ;)

I am going for a net spend because I think that is exactly what we will have to do in the summer, even if it is minimal, as mine is.

Out - Naughton: £3.5m, Rose: £5.3m, Vertonghen: £19.5m, Capoue: £7.9m, Sigurdsson: £7m, Ekotto:£4.4m, Carroll: £1.8m, Falque: £1.6m Total: £51m

In - Ben Davies: £4.8m, Lescott: Free, Garay: £17.5m, Konoplyanka: £15m, Fischer: £6.2m, Bony: £13m Total: £56.5m

Keepers: Lloris and Freidel

Defenders: Dawson, Kaboul, Garay, Chiriches, Lescott, Walker, Davies*, Fryers*, Fredericks*

Midfielders: Sandro, Paulinho, Dembele, Eriksen, Holtby, Livermore, Chadli, Townsend, Lamela, Fischer*, Konoplyanka, Lennon, Bentaleb*

Forwards: Soldado, Adebayor, Bony, Kane*

* Under 21 on 1.1.2014 and therefore able to be counted as U-21 and additional to squad list of 25 required by Premier League.

Lloris

Walker-------------------------------------Kaboul-----------------------------------------------------Garay----------------------------------------Davies

------------------------------------------------------------Sandro--------------------Dembele--------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------Eriksen-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------Lamela----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Konoplyanka-------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------Bony/Soldado/Adebayor-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would utilise Pritchard, Lameiras, McEvoy and Veljkovic in the Europa League games and early Capital One Cup ties with the likes of Kane, Livermore, Friedel, Lennon etc which allows us to fully use our squad depth.

So straight off of football manager then?

You want to have a go, at least read the post.

You might have heard of Konoplyanka too, we played against him twice this season.

Most people here have heard quite a bit about Clasie, hardly some unknown FM kid.

The last two I've only read about here. Not that far fetched that people watch a bit of the Eresdivisie to me though.

You want to have a go, at least read the post.

You might have heard of Konoplyanka too, we played against him twice this season.

Most people here have heard quite a bit about Clasie, hardly some unknown FM kid.

The last two I've only read about here. Not that far fetched that people watch a bit of the Eresdivisie to me though.

Blind, Claise and Martins Indi are also three of the new young cornerstones of the Dutch national team. Three players who will be very much known to/in the mind of FDB (or LVG).

Back