• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Being Liverpool it didnt help :(
They looked lethargic when compared to the youngsters from Liverpool IMHO.
Almost as though 'it didn't matter that much'.
Liverpool are begrudgingly looking good, I like Klopp footballing style a great deal grr.
They have that 'variation' in attack/going forward that we are crying out for.
We are good when on form, but Pochettino is more 'painting by numbers' and Klopp is more Jackson Pollock!

Working in Liverpool with an storeful of Liverpool fans is a nightmare right now and I only pray it doesnt get worse come next May, because they are looking very good right now.
Despite how good City's squad is, I really think their pursuit of CL will hinder them in the title race and it will be a question of what is the lesser of 3 evils when it comes to who will be Champions. Chelsea,Liverpool or Arsenal.
Those fans based in London its a no-brainer. Northern Monkeys like me, working in Liverpool, have a decision to make...

I hope we are going back to the bad old days with transfers
I feel there has been a backwards step this summer.

Like Wanyama but I'm not sure even that has not had ramifications.

Working in Liverpool with an storeful of Liverpool fans is a nightmare right now and I only pray it doesnt get worse come next May, because they are looking very good right now.
Despite how good City's squad is, I really think their pursuit of CL will hinder them in the title race and it will be a question of what is the lesser of 3 evils when it comes to who will be Champions. Chelsea,Liverpool or Arsenal.
Those fans based in London its a no-brainer. Northern Monkeys like me, working in Liverpool, have a decision to make...

That would be a living football hell for me. I would adopt Tranmere Rovers as my 2nd team to nullify any football discussion or banter.

That would be a living football hell for me. I would adopt Tranmere Rovers as my 2nd team to nullify any football discussion or banter.

The fact we havent beaten them for 4 years means I cant even get any bragging rights for at least a few weeks, and its constant 5-times this, 5-times that. This many titles, that many titles.....yawn yawn

Me to @Pirate55
I hope things change quickly - but I'm not sure if they will.
If Pochettino is responsible for all transfers and is not successful, it becomes awkward for Levy going forward.
It's why I prefer DOF as he or she can act as a buffer between coach and chairman. Now :eek:

Wanyama has already been a success
Nkoudou has looked bright though raw in his sub appearances so far - I doubt he was expect to have an impact this season
Jury very much still uot on Janssen and Sissoko but writing them off after a handful of appearances is absurd

Nkoudou has looked bright though raw in his sub appearances so far - I doubt he was expect to have an impact this season
Jury very much still uot on Janssen and Sissoko but writing them off after a handful of appearances is absurd

I agree re Victor and George

I'm not "writing them off". I hope they come good.
I do though question thier purchase for a club our size with its alleged ambition and the job we expect them to do.

I agree re Victor and George

I'm not "writing them off". I hope they come good.
I do though question thier purchase for a club our size with its alleged ambition and the job we expect them to do.

The second half of that post contradicts the first - you wouldn't be questioning their purchases if you hadn't already drawn conclusions that they aren't good enough

Who is writing them off? To say one is disappointed with their performances thus far is a long way from writing them off.

BTW, Lee Barnard has just scored for Braintree in the FA Cup first round. It shows just how far we have come!

The second half of that post contradicts the first - you wouldn't be questioning their purchases if you hadn't already drawn conclusions that they aren't good enough

But it does not mean that now they are here, I want them to fail, quite the opposite, I want them to succeed.
You are saying because I think player is a poor acquisition that I automatically want them to fail. Sorry no.
Once they are here they are Spurs.

But it does not mean that now they are here, I want them to fail, quite the opposite, I want them to succeed.
You are saying because I think player is a poor acquisition that I automatically want them to fail. Sorry no.
No I'm saying that you have already made up your mind on them and have decided they are not good enough, therefore you have written them off despite going to lengths to say that isn't the case

If you hadn't written them off you wouldn't be looking for someone to blame for their transfers and you wouldn't be calling for DoF to come in above Pochettino because of our activity this summer.

Last edited:

It's same old same old. Lamela or Son = Janssen. Sissoko granted a bit of curve ball, but we needed someone, and he fitted the bill (though the reported price was no value for money). We needed a player who could carry the ball from midfield and brush off defenders a la Dembele. Not sure Sissoko is ever going to be that guy, but you can see why we got him. For say £20-25m he would have been an okay purchase.

Janssen is 22! He's exactly the type of player we sign!

No I'm saying that you have already made up your mind on them and have decided they are not good enough, therefore you have written them off despite going to lengths to say that isn't the case

If you hadn't written them off you wouldn't be looking for someone to blame for their transfers and you wouldn't be calling for DoF to come in above Pochettino because of our activity this summer.

I would not have purchases Sissoko. I would not have just got Janssen as our only striker backup for Harry.
That's all.

It's same old same old. Lamela or Son = Janssen. Sissoko granted a bit of curve ball, but we needed someone, and he fitted the bill (though the reported price was no value for money). We needed a player who could carry the ball from midfield and brush off defenders a la Dembele. Not sure Sissoko is ever going to be that guy, but you can see why we got him. For say £20-25m he would have been an okay purchase.

Janssen is 22! He's exactly the type of player we sign!

I don't know why we bought Sissoko. To compound it we pay a ludicrous an amount.
Jansenn is indeed a typical Spurs purchase.

You are writing them off, there's at least post one every page of this thread from you having a dig, and several others in other threads.
OK, we get it you don't rate it. Do we really need to read it again and again.

You are writing them off, there's at least post one every page of this thread from you having a dig, and several others in other threads.
OK, we get it you don't rate it. Do we really need to read it again and again.
StephenH has become more repetitive than Parklane :D

Back