• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Yeah I get the funny video. What is the point of asking a serious question then taking the tinkle when you get an answer?

Lighten up, geeza, just messing:); gotta smile before the storm...

VJ + Sissoko £48m 'allegedly'.

I dare say there are some candidates for that sort of money

In terms of transfer fees paid i would have to agree. Those guys are probably on lower wages than others who went for similar fees i would guess.
I certainly think in the end Levy paid big bucks when he really didn't want to. I certainly would have preferred us getting one of Mane or Wijnaldum but i do think both would have been offered far more wages by Liverpool than what we were offering.
We do need to give both players time though; the good thing is that by the end of the season if they don't work out/are sold there will be no ping-pong between posters asking who should really be blamed: the blame will be squarely on Poch and not any DOF/Sporting Director etc

Lighten up, geeza, just messing:); gotta smile before the storm...

In terms of transfer fees paid i would have to agree. Those guys are probably on lower wages than others who went for similar fees i would guess.
I certainly think in the end Levy paid big bucks when he really didn't want to. I certainly would have preferred us getting one of Mane or Wijnaldum but i do think both would have been offered far more wages by Liverpool than what we were offering.
We do need to give both players time though; the good thing is that by the end of the season if they don't work out/are sold there will be no ping-pong between posters asking who should really be blamed: the blame will be squarely on Poch and not any DOF/Sporting Director etc

Mane is rumoured to be on £125k upwards so more than any of our players For example

The reality is were shopping in a different market to the mega bucks sides as we can't pay the six figure salaries

Sturridge, Boney or Austin.

Literally off the top my head

Bony has only just scored a fail despite starting every game

Sturridge wouldn't leave pool on a massive salary to be back up here on less money

Austin didn't score many at all last season and wasn't a regular and had probably fallen off the radar of most teams

A nostalgic choice of example - I think the game is now far faster.

I was watching Lewandowsky the other night and he was both rapid and tireless.

Jurgen was no slouch and much quicker than Edward
Lewandowski is nearly the perfect striker so a comparison is little unfair, but I get your point. I think Kane can aspire to that level though.

Lewandowski is nearly the perfect striker so a comparison is little unfair, but I get your point. I think Kane can aspire to that level though.

I'm loathed to hype any young player as it can lead to disappointment.
Harry was the biggest surprise I've seen in Spurs football... Ever
Bale was a 'smooth machine' of a player, but Harry was a little more awkward in his movement so he proved me so wrong. Bless him..

I can see the similarities with Lewandowski

Yeah I get the funny video. What is the point of asking a serious question then taking the tinkle when you get an answer?

VJ + Sissoko £48m 'allegedly'.

I dare say there are some candidates for that sort of money

It's A good point.

Plus Nje money that was wasted - could go back further if you really wanted.

30ish million would have got Benteke/Batshuayi among others.

That's without looking very hard.

I know it's not that simple,but the 47 million would have got someone in.

It's A good point.

Plus Nje money that was wasted - could go back further if you really wanted.

30ish million would have got Benteke/Batshuayi among others.

That's without looking very hard.

I know it's not that simple,but the 47 million would have got someone in.

Abso bloody lutely :cool:

It does beggar belief!
Why we let Moussa mi get away will always be a mystery to me.

It's odd.

We had him wrapped up till they wanted him back till the summer on loan.

Then we backed out?!?

Surely 6 months wouldn't have mattered in the long run,even more so as we didn't bring in anyone so the money was still there come Feb 1st.

Did Mopo get cold feet? Did one of the chairman change the figure?

From all reports we were his number one option.

It's odd.

Then we backed out?!?

Surely 6 months wouldn't have mattered in the long run,even more so as we didn't bring in anyone so the money was still there come Feb 1st.

Bizarre!

Bony has only just scored a fail despite starting every game

Sturridge wouldn't leave pool on a massive salary to be back up here on less money

Austin didn't score many at all last season and wasn't a regular and had probably fallen off the radar of most teams

An Austin Esq striker is what we need in my view.

Someone who just stays in the box and picks up the bits.

It's odd.

Then we backed out?!?

Maybe we did go back in but he had a better offer

He has said we spoke in the summer as did the arse ... Yet he thought Scotland and first ten a football would be better

I don't care why this that player didn't come, I doubt we will ever know the true ins and outs.
What concerns me is the choices we did make, sadly though we can only once again, guess.
We had player going out who for me were better or as good as those we paid very good money to come in.

We can only hope there is some devilish deviously devious plan, that we are not privy.

Back