• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Jonathan Wilson: Liverpool just won’t stay down – they’ve become Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction

What happened in those frantic final minutes on Sunday was absurd. Jürgen Klopp effectively risked everything on one final double substitution, bringing on Divock Origi and Fabinho for Jordan Henderson and James Milner. The shape became 4-2-4, although in the circumstances shape seems a slightly misleading term: it was effectively Virgil van Dijk in one half and everybody else up the other end. It could have definitively cost Liverpool the title. Had Van Dijk, closing down the passing route to Son Heung-min while forcing Moussa Sissoko onto his weaker left foot, not stifled a two-on-one counter, the sort of break that only comes late in games as one side desperately chases a goal, Spurs would probably have won the game and given City clear water.

Klopp would then no doubt have been condemned for casting caution to the winds, for going too gung-ho, but here it worked. The final, critical, chance did fall their way and, via an error and a fortunate ricochet, so did a winner. Every time it looks like they’re finished, every time it seems City can begin to relax, Liverpool jerk back into contention with a chilling gasp; they’ve essentially become Glenn Close in the bath in Fatal Attraction.

After the dip of the early part of this year, Klopp seems to have found a way to channel that. Liverpool keep coming up with late winners, keep inducing mistakes from opponents. That sort of thing can provoke a narrative of destiny, can become self-perpetuating, inspiring a team to a final push while inducing in their opponents a debilitating insecurity. Perhaps it is written, perhaps Liverpool can ride this emotional wave.

But equally it shouldn’t be forgotten that in Fatal Attraction Glenn Close ended up getting shot. Nobody can keep coming back forever

Full article: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...vous-energy-liverpool-title-race-jurgen-klopp

I know it goes against pretty much everyone else on here but I hope they win it and stop the corrupt Emirates Marketing Project winning it.

They play proper football unlike Leicester a couple of years ago and they appear to only spend money they bring in. I hope they do it.

They will lose it right at the end.

Imagine the heart-break.

Wonderful.

I fudging pray you’re right but they’re getting too much luck and too many late wins.

I said this in another thread but if we take something off City and that gives Liverpool the league, I’ll be distraught. I still want us to beat City but, please GHod, don’t let it happen that way.

They’re gonna win it aren’t they?

fudge sake.

Think Emirates Marketing Project have the easier fixtures.. The Chelsea game will be huge for Liverpool while the Manc derby and game against us will be massive for City.

Runs in the CL will also be key. We could do City a favour by knocking them out.

Man I wish we had of beaten the Scousers. So unlucky and painful still.

I know it goes against pretty much everyone else on here but I hope they win it and stop the corrupt Emirates Marketing Project winning it.

They play proper football unlike Leicester a couple of years ago and they appear to only spend money they bring in. I hope they do it.

The last month they haven't played well at all, just about winning with scrappy late lucky goals and dubious decisions

Predicted they would win it back in November, and right now I am even more convinced of it. Literally everything is going their way. City's quest for the the quadruple will be their downfall in the League.

We really need to knock City out of the CL so they can fully focus on winning the league while it is still in their hands

Back